facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 2, 2007, 01:55 PM
Banned

Default Share your personal moment of WC 07

Well, it's over, and it's been a great deal of fun. We've had so many great memories of this world cup. I would like to share one here.

One of the earliest members of BC and teststatus.com, our Tipu bhai was watching the BD vs India match with me. Tipu is an engineer and a realtor, and an avid cricket fan. This guy has had the opportunity to chat with many cricket legends of our time. Tipu still plays cricket and has great cricketing sense.

During our match against India, we reacted with anger and fear when Tamim was hit in the neck by a nasty bouncer. Our first wicket was already gone by then. We saw Tamim's reaction, the look in his eyes. Tipu says:

খাইছে,আইজকা হয় আমাগো ভাইগ্য খারাপ, আর নাইলে ইনডিয়ার ভাইগ্য খারাপ আছে।
(It's either our bad luck, or it's India's bad luck that the ball hit Tamim...)

As we all know, Tamim exacted his revenge in the most brutal manner after that hit.
Sweet...

Please feel free to share yours.....

Old May 2, 2007, 02:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

The celebration after we beat South Africa..we celebrated like Australia.. " eh ..we won? so what.. lets just slowly get back to the dressing room..and have a nice words or two on the win.. "
Old May 2, 2007, 02:49 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

The win against SA - after two heavy defeat against Aus and NZ. That match we simply played like Number One team- not SA. I understood one thing from that game, now we don't need to wait for Big Boy's mistakes anymore instead we can make them doing mistakes. Great feeling since then
Old May 2, 2007, 03:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The winning shot by Mushfiq made me so sad. All I could think of was Rana. The team played for him and may be with him in the field.
Old May 2, 2007, 06:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

For me Tamim's 50 and his HUGE 6 against India, the one he nearly chopped his own head off with the bat. Tamim and Musfiq's 50 was simply beautiful to watch. Many people were really emotional after that match.
Here enjoy Tamim's Dholai once again..(Indian fans look away now)
Old May 2, 2007, 06:30 PM
Cricket Legend

I cudnt watch the Ireland game live as I was playing cricket in a league match. Our batsmen didnt do well (just like BD that day) and only scored 135 runs in 35 overs. I was checking the BD/IRL score all this time thru my brother and during the break when I got the news that IRL scored around 220/240, I prayed to Allah that I dont care if I loose my game but He let BD win the game. Well we won our game (got 3 wks) and we all know what BD did. Coming back to home driving an hour & half - all I cud think of why BD cudnt win. Apart from all the HIGHS (India/SF win) - this was the lowest point of the whole WC.
Old May 2, 2007, 06:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Trinidad triumph was my sweetest moment ever
Old May 2, 2007, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

my sweetest moment is actually not directly related to the WC 07 - it can be measured by how the indian camp has been thrown into disray after writing their spot into the super 8s (and beyond) a tad bit too early.

firing the coach, benching SRT, dada; bhajji, pathan, et al being thrown out all together is all quite sweet if you realize what it means.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 2, 2007, 07:28 PM
Cricket Legend

It was the BD/Ind match for me. I hadn't slept at all the previous night and was a bit groggy in the morning. My brother, who lives a good 30 mins away from me and not at all a morning person showed up on time as did a few other friends. There was enough food to last us a week. As soon as Aftab crashed into the stumps we sensed something special was in the cards. By the time Mash castled Sewag we were in full festivities.

During BD innings, my friend who's originally from Chittagong kept shouting "Bai Foot, Bai Foot" (Nephew, nephew) with each Tamim Iqbal boundery. Our wives cheerfully joined in. My Bhabi wanted to adopt Mushfiq, "kolay nye ador korte ichha kore-so cute.' she kept saying. Perfect end to a perfect day

Last edited by gatekeeper; May 2, 2007 at 07:58 PM..
Old May 2, 2007, 08:16 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

'BHAI POOT' (bhai=bhai, poot=pootro=chele, bhai er chele) bhaloi khelse oi match e. Set the tone for us.

For me, it has to be the win against India. The win against SA was bigger but being there on the field and playing the way we did against India in our world cup opener as the perfect start to this WC.
Old May 2, 2007, 09:10 PM
Cricket Legend

As it is about personal feelings then there is no point of telling about our success rather let me tell you my happy moments.

My british neighbor is a huge fan of cricket. When we were playing in our first match he told me 'these kids are brilliant in the field'. After that match he said "you guys got some fire".

During SA match I met another person who plays for Abbots Langley cricket club. He came to me when he saw me and said "Ash is a genious. I think he is the best young player at present".

Lot of people made lot of comments but I can't mention each of them. To me the biggest thing we achieved in this WC is The Respect. We showed we got the product we just need to polish it.

I still remember a comment made by the same Abbots Langley player after the win against the Aussies in cardif "What an amazing cricketing nation you gonna be!!" ANd truly we are going to be.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 2, 2007, 10:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Billah bhai personal moments jante chay...bepar ta ektu kemon shonay na?

Well, for me the best feeling was the Indian match. That's the only match that I saw with a crowd, in big screen, and BEST OF ALL, with the crowd equally divided with Indians and Bangladeshis. Each wicket that fell for India, and every run that BD scored just took our excitements to a new level. It's impossible for me to explain how good that felt...but I'm sure many of you felt the same way.

I'ld just tell you about one thing that I enjoyed the most. I was on BC chat during the Indian match, and we were watching on big screen via internet. The video was delayed by about 30/45 seconds compared to TV. Every time there was a fall of wicket for India, I basically knew that before everyone watching the match in big screen. Since we had a BD supporters side of the room, we all circulated the msg around, and everyone was ready for the FoW, and wooting at every ball. The Indian fans were clueless as to why we would all go so excited all of a sudden and right away there would be a wicket fall. We did that for at least 4 wicket falls. And after each wicket fall, I gave my marka mara dance in front of the crowd...which I'm sure both sides of the fans enjoyed (of course, many hated it too).
Old May 3, 2007, 06:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

the sweetest moment of the whole world cup was beating south africa so convincingly.the manner whith which we beat them was unbelievable.at that moment,i thought that we now have a very good chance to make it to the semis...what a feeling..bangladesh can make the semifinals.....although we played very badly the next three matches.....but the feeling of beating south africa at the super 8 was amazing.

beating india was also brought gr8 happyness...in this case i was really expecting bd to beat them...so it was expected..(atleast to me)..

losing to ireland is for me,as painful as was our loss to canada in 2003...it was really shocking..i thought we would beat them comfortably...but alas...but i forgive our cricketers this time..because they gave us lots of moments of fun and excitement.

in this world cup...happy moments overweigh than the sorrow moents as a bangladeshi supporter...that all matters after the end of the day.

best moment:razzak clean bold ab devilliers who was clueless.

Junior
Old May 3, 2007, 06:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Daddy saying hi to me and the family! And gettin through to the super 8 and the win against SA!!
Old May 4, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Justin kemp C&B sakib.

Old May 5, 2007, 12:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

BTW, doesn't it look like Kemp is spanking Sakib with his bat in this pic? I always thought it looked like something I've seen before...but now I realized what it was!!!
Old May 5, 2007, 12:38 AM
Club Cricketer

when you are surrounded by indian's and your team is just killing india..so no need to say how i feel at that time
Old May 5, 2007, 12:39 AM
BC Editorial Team

We were at a friend's house watching South Africa being beaten and just when Mashrafee caught the ball of Ntini, my two year old, sensing our jubilation started jumping up and down shouting "banggaaa desh" and soon the older kids joined in. That is my fondest moment.

2nd most fondest moment. We went to watch the Bangladeshi innings at the local Indian theater. As Tamim and co started driving the nail home, we Bangladeshis started being raucous as heck. Soon the Indian fans were being driven out from their own theater while we shouted smack. Aaaaaaaah that felt good
Old May 5, 2007, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
BTW, doesn't it look like Kemp is spanking Sakib with his bat in this pic? I always thought it looked like something I've seen before...but now I realized what it was!!!
Kabir bhai aste aste Fazal mamur kuobbhashgula peye jacche. oshlil cholocchitrer dike ajkal tai mone hoy monojogta ektu beshi

for me, the personal best has to be around 20 of us jumping up in unison when mushfiq hit the winning runs against india, and the excuses that the indian fans watching the games with us were coming up with right after the end of the game.
Old May 5, 2007, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Are you sure its Kemp in the picture? Doesn't look like him.
Old May 5, 2007, 07:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
thats Ashwell Prince
Old May 5, 2007, 07:43 AM
Cricket Guru

This was an emotional moment
Old May 5, 2007, 08:01 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash, Sakib, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
Justin kemp C&B sakib.

for me the best moment was this..actutally the whole match....
Old May 5, 2007, 09:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

best moment of the world cup was the celebration at TSC, Dhaka University after beating Bermuda and qualifying for the Super 8s.

If i wanna talk abt a single delivery...then it has to be mashrafe's bowl in which sehwag was bowled..(the first moment for BD in this WC)
Old May 5, 2007, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
thats Ashwell Prince
I thaught so.