facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who would you NOT trust with your life?
Mohammad Ashraful (Sir Ash) 1 16.67%
Shakib al Hasan 0 0%
Mushfiqur Rahim 2 33.33%
Imrul Kayes 0 0%
Mahmudullah Riyad (#beastmode) 0 0%
Tamim Iqbal 0 0%
Sabbir Rahman 0 0%
Sue me Sircar (Soumya Sarkar) 0 0%
Shahadat Hossain Rajib 1 16.67%
Other- please explain why 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:10 PM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128
Default If you fell down a cliff...

...and a Bangladeshi player was on the other end to pull you out and let go off the eucalyptus branch, who would NOT trust with your life?

Let the games begin.

Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:13 PM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128

As for myself...

I'd rather die.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:35 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 23,598

Mushfiqaaaaaaaaa
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:37 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 18,292

No comments.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:46 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 11,537

Taskin - he can't grip things properly under pressure!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:46 PM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
No comments.
"If you ask me a question, you get 100 blows. If you don't ask me a question, you get 100 blows." Alan Watts quoting a Zen monk.

"In other words, what the hell are you doing here making me a teacher and pretending to be students."

Deep huh?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:47 PM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Taskin - he has such a poor grip!
Brilliant! I actually chuckled although may register at low decibel level.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:50 PM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128

Here are the nominees for Best Unsupporting Actress* in Foreign Film Category:

Mohammad Ashraful in "Cardiff onslaught" - Shubo
Shakib al Hasan for "What loss may come in New Zealand" - Dinraat
Mushfiqur Rahim for "Confiqur 2.0" directed by Papon, score by Hans Zimmer - Roey Haque

And the Oscar goes to...

Last edited by Zeeshan; December 2, 2017 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: *prima donna
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:52 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 11,537

^^ Roey all the way!

What he up to nowadays?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 2, 2017, 02:56 PM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ Roey all the way!

What he up to nowadays?
I am sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.... we made mistake. The winner is ... here is the real envelope... the winner is Dinraat. We know we made a mistake and sincere apologies from the academy.

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 2, 2017, 03:02 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 11,537

Hope Roey will at least win it for graphical editing
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 2, 2017, 04:50 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 18,292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
"If you ask me a question, you get 100 blows. If you don't ask me a question, you get 100 blows." Alan Watts quoting a Zen monk.

"In other words, what the hell are you doing here making me a teacher and pretending to be students."

Deep huh?
Yessir
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 2, 2017, 04:51 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 18,292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Hope Roey will at least win it for graphical editing
Roey can win a Grammy. ....woth those rhymes and lyrics.


Dinraat has taken over his role, only thing it's against Moyna.
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 2, 2017, 06:15 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 3,539

Shakib??!!

Let me die instead, I don't need Mr Iggy Noodles to save me. Wife beater Shahadat is a better option.

Correction = Child Beater.
__________________
"No replacement,for displacement"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 2, 2017, 06:56 PM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128

You are a highly intelligent person DinRaat.

Maybe you can explain - if you want- why exactly you wouldn't trust Shakib?

I am genuinely curious.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 2, 2017, 07:01 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You are a highly intelligent person DinRaat.

Maybe you can explain - if you want- why exactly you wouldn't trust Shakib?

I am genuinely curious.
His batting,Is a monument to his sins.

How many times has he screwed us with his reckless batting. He has played some good knocks, but that is very rarely. Let him show his balls to the camera, he is good at that.

Liking Shakib is the norm, rise ABOVE. That's why I genuinely like Tamim Iqbal. He is charismatic and has that certain individualistic flair, that Shakib doesn't have.

Shakib is reckless on and off the field me thinks. I don't like him as a player, but he is okay as a human being.
__________________
"No replacement,for displacement"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 2, 2017, 08:12 PM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
His batting,Is a monument to his sins.

How many times has he screwed us with his reckless batting. He has played some good knocks, but that is very rarely. Let him show his balls to the camera, he is good at that.

Liking Shakib is the norm, rise ABOVE. That's why I genuinely like Tamim Iqbal. He is charismatic and has that certain individualistic flair, that Shakib doesn't have.

Shakib is reckless on and off the field me thinks. I don't like him as a player, but he is okay as a human being.
DinRaat,

How would you categorically separate Tamim's recklessness from Shakib's? For all I know, Tamim is equally culpable of the exact bravado as Shakib except his one 'comes off' more on positive outcome. (Shamim will disagree...lol)

In cricket, you have to play your shots and take your chances. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. No player intentionally engineers a sabotage of his unit. (Actually it is debatable but let's not deviate from our main topic...)

And yes, I absolutely and whole-heartedly agree to rise above the norm. For what it's worth, Shakib is more devastating in his wicket-taking ability as a bowler than his previous expertise of single handedly saving a match with batting.

But that is just my opinion.

Also to counter your opinion that he doesn't contribute when it "counts", here, I would also like to direct your attention to the brilliant and absolutely mind blowing New Zealand win.

We really need to cut our players some slack. Performance and skill fueled by love and praise is far more powerful and thousand times more effective than instigated by cynicism, finicky observations, fear and negative feedback, which of course, stems from observers' own sudden insecurities.

Gone are the days of mathay uthbe tendency and boshte dile shute chay philosophy. Almost all peak performers immerse themselves in a positive psychology environment of continuous reinforcing feedback. But yes there are also exception to the rules. For instance, when Serena was playing a Belgian woman, entire California audience booed her simply because she was black and instead in typical Benedict Arnold fashion backed the Belgian lady.

Of course, she gracefully handled the situation. 'To all those who supported me thank you and to all those who didn't thank you as well. But you have been really hard on me today.'

But grace doesn't develop overnight. Mastery (and self-mastery) is an asymptotic curve and life long wip.

However, it is incumbent upon you to realize coming from a developing country riddled with negativity, cynicism, bitterness, slander and khota marka ushkano comments (just like many other countries) and ravaged with flood, cyclone, poverty and now terrorism, a player would need more empathy, compassion and support to bring out his best version of himself.

As Joe Rogan pointed his sentiment: Sure positive psychology is good. But go ahead and tell that to someone suffering from cancer in Bangladesh and Ethiopia.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 2, 2017, 08:19 PM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128

Quote:
Let him show his balls to the camera, he is good at that.
Red herring and moot point. We are not there to judge his character. Let umpires be the dictator of that. In almost all American sports, bad attitude and volatile personality is commonplace. Albeit, backed by performance. Case in point, the tantrum of McEnroe, the arrogance of Vivian Richards, the blatant cockiness of Ali, the transgression of Tyson and last but certainly not the least, headbutt of Zdane. And what about the clash and state-sanctioned brawl in NHL rink?

Why shouldn't our players have some leeway for anti-behavior? As Isam would conveniently deny Shakib the luxury to a break and much needed rest and vacation, so you are taking away his free spirit that he is privy as any normal human being regardless of his nationality, ethnicity or color or race.

Why should he get the brunt of the stick just because he is Bangladeshi?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 3, 2017, 01:39 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
DinRaat,

How would you categorically separate Tamim's recklessness from Shakib's? For all I know, Tamim is equally culpable of the exact bravado as Shakib except his one 'comes off' more on positive outcome. (Shamim will disagree...lol)

In cricket, you have to play your shots and take your chances. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. No player intentionally engineers a sabotage of his unit. (Actually it is debatable but let's not deviate from our main topic...)

And yes, I absolutely and whole-heartedly agree to rise above the norm. For what it's worth, Shakib is more devastating in his wicket-taking ability as a bowler than his previous expertise of single handedly saving a match with batting.

But that is just my opinion.

Also to counter your opinion that he doesn't contribute when it "counts", here, I would also like to direct your attention to the brilliant and absolutely mind blowing New Zealand win.

We really need to cut our players some slack. Performance and skill fueled by love and praise is far more powerful and thousand times more effective than instigated by cynicism, finicky observations, fear and negative feedback, which of course, stems from observers' own sudden insecurities.

Gone are the days of mathay uthbe tendency and boshte dile shute chay philosophy. Almost all peak performers immerse themselves in a positive psychology environment of continuous reinforcing feedback. But yes there are also exception to the rules. For instance, when Serena was playing a Belgian woman, entire California audience booed her simply because she was black and instead in typical Benedict Arnold fashion backed the Belgian lady.

Of course, she gracefully handled the situation. 'To all those who supported me thank you and to all those who didn't thank you as well. But you have been really hard on me today.'

But grace doesn't develop overnight. Mastery (and self-mastery) is an asymptotic curve and life long wip.

However, it is incumbent upon you to realize coming from a developing country riddled with negativity, cynicism, bitterness, slander and khota marka ushkano comments (just like many other countries) and ravaged with flood, cyclone, poverty and now terrorism, a player would need more empathy, compassion and support to bring out his best version of himself.

As Joe Rogan pointed his sentiment: Sure positive psychology is good. But go ahead and tell that to someone suffering from cancer in Bangladesh and Ethiopia.
I pity Shakib, because he could of been so much more. He could be a world class batsmen and bowler , in the league of Root,Warner and Smith. His batting mentality is letting him down from succeeding. And I think at this point in his career, his improvement ceiling has lowered, from my astute observations I conclude that maybe he thinks that this is the best he can be, after all he does have several accolades towards his name. He has ultimately reached a point in his career, were he is going to keep on going downhill, unless he can renew his game. Judging by his language on and off the field, seems like he has lost the passion in the sport as a batsmen.

Look at how many times, Shakib has gotten starts and thrown away his wicket, needlessly, to be successful in sport you need to have a mindset that flourishes and promotes improvement,growth and hardwork. Shakib's batting has ceded for some time now and his bowling is just going to get worse when he travels overseas on flat wickets. Talent is present in all our players or else they would not make it to the highest level. But those with the proper mindset will truly unlock their true potential.

Those with a powerful mindset can become successful. Why don't we have any players with the caliber of Joe Root, Steven Smith, AB De Villiers, Virat Kohli. They all have one thing in common, they have worked hard to get here and continue to work hard, they don't just rest easy, after they have solidified their position in the team, they try to be the best, the top dog, the greatest. Our players except maybe for Tamim Iqbal have not gotten to that stage, and we are partly at fault. We fell head over heels when Shakib became the number 1 AR, we showered him with gifts and gave him luxuries, if this were a Aus,Ind,NZ or any other cricket team this sort of false success is abhorred. The idea of talent is garbage, take Shakib Al Hasan, no doubt he has quantities of talent at his disposal, but if he worked hard he could of been a real gem for Bangladesh and the world in general.

I truly believe that the greatest player Bangladesh has ever produced is Tamim Iqbal Khan you can by his post match interviews is in intellectual and is calm and composed. We need more players like Tamim Iqbal, he has improved so much over the past few years, sorry for rambling but you cannot ignore how he invested such hard work in his batting to get to where he is today. If you notice carefully, Tamim gets better and better everytime I see him bat, the pinch hitter has truly turned into a batting savant. Him and Mushfiqur are prime examples that talent alone does not cut it at this level.

Shakib needs to fix his bad-boy attitude, he thinks he is bigger than the game and has lost that drive to become the best.

That's just what I think anyway.
__________________
"No replacement,for displacement"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 3, 2017, 04:28 AM
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Banned for 2 weeks
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 31,128

You are as good as your a weakest link, DinRaat.

One bad apple can destroy the entire batch. In Bangladesh's terms, Shakib is the actually one of the few good ones among the whole bad lot. Shakib is actually the outlier and repairing keystone of the arc firmly held together by brittle foundation is certainly the not the way to about it.

Your prejudice would have been justified if the entire team was on stands. Pity your bias is egregiously misplaced.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 3, 2017, 07:26 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 3,539

I hope I am not involved in your banning.

Come back soon Z
__________________
"No replacement,for displacement"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 3, 2017, 08:06 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 18,292

^^ wait. Zeeshan got banned?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 3, 2017, 11:32 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 11,537

^^ Well, he literally asked for it, ie reported his own post in another thread. IndYeah strikes again
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket