facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 4, 2006, 11:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Unhappy Tiger Woods' father Earl Woods succumbs to cancer

A tragic day for the Woods family.

Earl Woods was 74 year old.
He was a visionary, an army lieutenant colonel who loved the game of golf. Earl Woods trained Tiger to play the game he loved. Through his guidance, Tiger won three USGA Junior and three USGA Amateur titles before turning professional in 1996.

Earl Woods wrote two books: Training a Tiger and Playing Through. In the first, Tiger talks about gaining an early love for golf, saying he started swinging a club at nine-months old to try and emulate his father.
“He was the person I looked up to more than anyone,” Tiger said. “He was instrumental in helping me develop the drive to achieve, but his role – as well as my mother’s – was one of support and guidance, not interference.”
In the second book, Earl talks about his philosophy, writing: “My whole life is about being positive. It’s about dreaming, and then taking steps in your life to achieve those dreams. It is about overcoming obstacles and stereotypes such as bigotry and prejudice. Life is about giving and about sharing and caring for others, standing up and being counted for what you believe in, being a spokesperson and a role model, and being an inspiration.”

The family has asked in lieu of flowers to please send all donations to The Earl Woods Scholarship Fund, c/o the Tiger Woods Learning Center, One Tiger Woods Way, Anaheim, Ca. 92801. - I thought this is all about the class of Wood family.

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/fulls...353&iType=6245

Old May 4, 2006, 12:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
A tragic day for the Woods family.
aaawwwwwww.......
Old June 6, 2006, 08:51 AM
Test Cricketer

ya well tiger wood has lot of money so i am sure he can get the best treatment for his father....

looks like son's golf swings saves daddys life...
Old June 6, 2006, 09:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
ya well tiger wood has lot of money so i am sure he can get the best treatment for his father....
is there any threatment available that can bring life in dead body?
Old June 6, 2006, 08:47 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is a tragic news... Rest in Peace Earl, without you there would not be a Tiger.
Old June 7, 2006, 07:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
is there any threatment available that can bring life in dead body?
i didnt know he died...the heading of the thread makes it sounds like he is diagonosed with cancer...

well.....if he is dead then bye bye....RIP
Old June 7, 2006, 08:56 AM
Cricket Savant

I copy pasted that title direct from ESPN website.

Succumb means give in, yield, give way, surrender. In other words, lost the battle with Cancer. It would be a good practice to read the entire post.

One does not understand how much the loss is of losing one of the parents unless he/she faces it. No amount of money can sooth the pain and suffering. We all will face it sooner all later (unless we go before them).
Old June 7, 2006, 09:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I copy pasted that title direct from ESPN website.

Succumb means give in, yield, give way, surrender. In other words, lost the battle with Cancer. It would be a good practice to read the entire post.

One does not understand how much the loss is of losing one of the parents unless he/she faces it. No amount of money can sooth the pain and suffering. We all will face it sooner all later (unless we go before them).
Succumb doesnt necessarily mean death....one can succumb to cancer nd not be dead..ie waiting for death..

and yes money cant sooth the pain nd suffering....but money sure can prevent it from happening in first place. i am talking from a medical perspective.

btw, if you read the the section of the article posted in the thread it doesnt point out that he actually died....once again it rather sounds like he was diagonised....
Old June 7, 2006, 09:40 AM
Cricket Savant

"Succumbs to cancer" is a polite way of saying Earl Woods died and lost the ongoing battle with cancer. If ESPN expresses that way then that's what it means. I am sorry that only to you it seemed he was diagnosed rather than he passed away.

No matter what you thought I have no issue with it. But I have issues with how you expressed it. Obviously you have both of your parents living so you wouldn't understand. Some of us are not lucky as you.

Next time please try not to comment like the followings:
Quote:
...well.....if he is dead then bye bye....RIP
Quote:
...looks like son's golf swings saves daddys life...
Be respectful to others (no matter what their color, race, gender, status, affiliations, religions are) others will return you the favor.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; June 7, 2006 at 10:33 AM..
Old June 7, 2006, 10:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
"Succumbs to cancer" is a polite way of saying Earl Woods died and lost the ongoing battle with cancer. If ESPN expresses that way then that's what it means. I am sorry that only to you it seemed he was diagnosed rather than he passed away.

No matter what you thought I have no issue with it. But I have issues with how you expressed it. Obviously you have both of your parents living so you wouldn't understand. Some of us are not lucky as you.

Next time please try not to comment like the followings:

Be respectful to others (no matter what their color, race, gender, status, affiliations, religions are) others will return you the favor.
whoa! hold on....i got no issues with his colour, race or gender.....and i never expressed it in the posts above..so i dont know where u got that from..

secondly, how do u know that both my parents are living?? u know nothing about me so dont go telling me that i know nothing of how it feels.....

thousands of ppl are passing away everyday...tiger woods dad was no exception....one day u and i will be dead nd be living underground till day of judgement....

tigerwoods dad was no exception....so many ppl die everyday....his dad was no special...maybe for him but not for me....just like my dad is special to me not to anyone else....u dont expect me to mourn for every passing parents.....

and finally dont just go on quoting my comments without telling wats wrong with it...i didnt say anything like "oh good he is gone" or whatever...so i dont know what ur issues are nd honestly dont care...

and when i said "sons golf swing saves daddy's life" i was under the presumption that he was only diagonised with cancer......coz obviously it wudnt have made sense othewise...
Old June 17, 2006, 08:32 AM
Test Cricketer

'Earl Woods was 74 year old.'

Is the crucial clue.