facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 13, 2011, 08:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva
Default Players vs Coaches vs Board

Does anyone else get the feeling that something isn't quite right between the coaching staff, players and board?

If Law wants such a player, does he get him from the selectors?
If the players don't like something the coach wants, do they go to the board and complain?
If the board backs the coaches, do they then say the same things to the players?
If the new captain wants to keep the team happy, does he just go along with what they want?

I ask this because if all of us as fans and supporters can easily see what is wrong, why don't we hear either the coaches, players or board say this? It appears from the outside that there isn't even agreement over what is wrong or maybe even denial about what is wrong.

Assuming not everyone involved is an idiot (geniunely) something is clearly happening.

My worry is therefore that nothing will get done as the coaches, players and board cannot seem to all get on the same page. Anyone else think this sounds right?

Old December 13, 2011, 08:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i don't know what's going on but really they should all be working together. they need to all sit down at the very least the board, the coach and the captain should sit down and talk about what direction they want to take the team and how they are going to do it and they should stand up until they've come up with a plan that they all agree one and that they all believe is the right way to go.
Old December 13, 2011, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

All I can say is the x players that r in the board r trying their best. Remember these guys used to play cricket for love of the game not money. but the other officials are making it very very tuff as they only understand money and why something is not working (if it causes harm to their earning money)...fficeffice" />
I know couple of them left, couple of them r lining up to leave... I am not sure what will happen in future if this continues...
During Faruk era they had a plan and they implemented and no one could interfere with that (doesn’t matter if the plan is seems bad or good).
But now If for example if the selectors come up with a plan then one quarter will say do this and the other will say do that which is causing more trouble for the whole team. There are thousands of things like this happens not related to ntl team directly.
We are no where with TEST and BCB officials (most but not all) are busy with T20. No one cares or want to spend a penny more to try something out (bringin in forgein players/coaches for BL, upgrading facilities).
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 13, 2011, 01:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Players vs Coaches vs Board vs Reporters vs Government vs Ex Coaches vs Ex Players vs Fans vs World
Old December 13, 2011, 02:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Mexican standoff.

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 13, 2011, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

^^ lol (jotil)
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 13, 2011, 06:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

No one listens! Thats the problem.
Make Sheikh Hasina BCB President, well I think she already is behind the curtain.
Better yet, make her the coach. All problems will be solved overnight.
Old December 13, 2011, 06:45 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
^^ Mexican standoff.

That looks like Kamal's head.
Old December 13, 2011, 06:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Got one.

Old December 13, 2011, 07:16 PM
Club Cricketer

lotus ke and tutul-ke protidin ekbaar juta maara uchit...aar old faruk/atahar/lobi der katha to na bolai valo..they totally cut down the first class structure what saber hossain implemented and started bring the dudher bachcha's in test cricket..faruk/atahar even did business with players to get the contact outside..ei duita pura criminal..ekhankaar selectors are gentleman but rest of the board are simply formed thru bunches of criminals, and money suckers..aar amra desher prestige niya vabi..aar ei chor gula shudu nijer pocket aar doladoli niya ache..
Old December 13, 2011, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Lota Tutuler Gale Gale
Juta Maro Tale Tale
Old December 13, 2011, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Make Sheikh Hasina BCB President, well I think she already is behind the curtain.
Old December 13, 2011, 10:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Got one.

i have seen this before ??? where did I ???
Old December 14, 2011, 12:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

now u start blaming it on the coach lolz what a joke.. its our players who play in the field not he coach
Old December 14, 2011, 12:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Hell with BCB.
Make Hasina ICC president.
Cricket will be destroyed but who cares ??
Atleast Bangladesh will be saved !!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 14, 2011, 03:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Aah, we are regressing because we have not started playing 'digital' cricket.
Old December 14, 2011, 03:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

No desh, manush o cirket bachabe Begum 'I failed high School' Zia, and her Prince Tareq - Jaati opekkhai aache.

Eto conspiracy theory - eto discussion, yet we keep moving away from the truth, we lost all but what 3 or 4 tests since we got test status. That record comprises a lot of BCB heads(good, bad and the ugly). During every tenure we had periods of positivity, and then long periods of mediocrity.

A mere 18 months ago(while a lurker) I read many of the same people praising the direction we were headed in(obviously still no love for the BCB head) but aside from this, there was in general a lot of supposedly good things being done. Hell heading into the WC(after the NZ whitewash - people were adamant we were going to qualify for the next round). Since then we've gone into a tailspin, and the negativity and conspiracy theories are back.

Bangladesh Cricket and Bangladesh Cricket - proving the Boom/Bust Cycle lives on.
Old December 14, 2011, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
No desh, manush o cirket bachabe Begum 'I failed high School' Zia, and her Prince Tareq - Jaati opekkhai aache.

Eto conspiracy theory - eto discussion, yet we keep moving away from the truth, we lost all but what 3 or 4 tests since we got test status. That record comprises a lot of BCB heads(good, bad and the ugly). During every tenure we had periods of positivity, and then long periods of mediocrity.

A mere 18 months ago(while a lurker) I read many of the same people praising the direction we were headed in(obviously still no love for the BCB head) but aside from this, there was in general a lot of supposedly good things being done. Hell heading into the WC(after the NZ whitewash - people were adamant we were going to qualify for the next round). Since then we've gone into a tailspin, and the negativity and conspiracy theories are back.

Bangladesh Cricket and Bangladesh Cricket - proving the Boom/Bust Cycle lives on.
Yeah, make much sense in a load of non-sense around.
Old December 14, 2011, 05:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo

I feel you are giving credit in the wrong area when you mention the BCB and then the team winning.

This credit goes to the coaching staff and players.

The BCB is judged on infrastructure, planning and FC standards, logistics and finances. Cricket standards are down to the coaches and ultimately the players.

Up to the WC optimism was high as the team finished with 7 wins from 8 including the Bangla Wash. We ought to have qualified for the second round of the WC, but for two dreadful batting performances only. This was not the fault of the BCB, neither was it the credit of the Board we won 4-0 vs NZ. This was coaches and players.

The players now have fallen apart and the results have dropped off the scale. Same players, same board.... but DIFFERENT COACHES. You don't have to be a cricket detective to spot the difference. Coincidence? It does seem a bit too coincidental that the two best coaches we have had (Pont and Fountain) were here when we won 70% of the time and not here now and we getting thrashed ALL the time. When we do win now it's because the opposition have already won the series.

So for me, it's obvious what the immediate problem - and the solution is.
Old December 14, 2011, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
The BCB is judged on infrastructure, planning and FC standards, logistics and finances. Cricket standards are down to the coaches and ultimately the players.
Do you even know what you are talking about?
So, would you say we don't have good fast bowlers just because we don't have good fast bowling coaches? Why do we have good spinners then? We didn't have any world class spin bowling coach. Don't you think other factors come in here as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Up to the WC optimism was high as the team finished with 7 wins from 8 including the Bangla Wash. We ought to have qualified for the second round of the WC, but for two dreadful batting performances only. This was not the fault of the BCB, neither was it the credit of the Board we won 4-0 vs NZ. This was coaches and players.
Its very clear you are here just to advocate for two of your favourite coaches. Our bowling wasn't that great in the world cup. They two matches we bowled well were matches where our batting was reasonably better as well because those two teams were weak. In fact against India our batting was not that bad, the bowling was awefull which set the tone for the rest of the tournament.

You talk as if the coaches have magic wand. Every single Bangladeshi knows no coach can take us to a much higher rank apart from a win here and there unless we give attention to other issues as well, such as- more domestic matches in good pitches, increase practice facilities for cricketers outside the national team, bringing in quality overseas players for domestic leagues and tournaments etc as well as bringing in quality overseas coaches. Gary Kirsten was able to help India reaching the highest rank because India was already one of the best teams. I doubt if he could take us or Zimbabwe there. A country can't go to top just by based on coaches. The coaches in Australia didn't forget how to coach. Why their team is not doing so well now then? There is no doubt Law is not a world class coach. He didn't have any coaching credentials before taking the job in BD. But you can't blame him alone for our failure. Our system is failure, not just the coach. Take off your coloured glasses from your eyes man. See things the way they are.
Old December 14, 2011, 07:47 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
now u start blaming it on the coach lolz what a joke.. its our players who play in the field not he coach
Why not blaming coach?Tell me ,If blaming players then no need coach because players are playing .If we pay 20000$ a month for a coach he should have some magic in hand .Other wise give any local coach u only pay 1200$ .Result will be same .
Coach says our boys have mental problem if say so why not he fixed it .I can say the same thing that our boys have mental problem , u can say that then tell me what he is doing???????????????????????
Old December 14, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

as long as it does not get "player vs player". that will just kill the team(unless it's happening already)