facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 25, 2011, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Anyone notice Ponting almost in tears after the loss to India. Shows you how much these mean to the players. Here is a guy who went 2 straight undefeated WCs as a captain and even he was heartbroken to see his journey end even though they weren't one of the top favorites this year.

What a stark contradiction to some of our leadership players who are still finding ways to make excuses.

Old March 25, 2011, 10:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

why cant we have both a good teacher and a good planner..without proper gameplan which was totally absent in this wc we'll never do well in bigger stages.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 25, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Life is nothing but struggle for existence. Hahahha.
Old March 25, 2011, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Anyone notice Ponting almost in tears after the loss to India. Shows you how much these mean to the players. Here is a guy who went 2 straight undefeated WCs as a captain and even he was heartbroken to see his journey end even though they weren't one of the top favorites this year.

What a stark contradiction to some of our leadership players who are still finding ways to make excuses.
Thats just us. We always look for excuses and try to blame others for our failure...
Old March 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
25 AVERAGE ER PLAYER ER JONNO COACH LAGE NAKI, COACH CHARA JUNAID RE CHAIRA DILAO 25 O KORBO...
Good one, shirsho.
Old March 25, 2011, 06:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
It was great to read the thoughtful view points of both affan_ayan and mar umpire

I think when Jamie Siddons came in to coach our team, the team itself was in a much better situation compared to the wreckage Whatmore had to deal with after 2003. Whatmore did what he could with the team he had after 2003... and left it on a high in 2007... Jamie Siddons as a result of Whatmore's efforts had a much more settled team with players like Tamim, Shakib, Razzak Mahrafi already in the side.
Good assessment, put through in a gentlemanly manner; we find a few rough diamonds but sometimes we lose them due to a lack of development and that's what they remain-raw talent. I hope they have developed enough to continue without too much assistance from coaches.

As fans we're quite fickle, the same people bashing tamim etc probably will be back on a tamim bandwagon as soon as he's back in form again (hope that's soon).

The fact tamim said it gave those angry at the team a chance to vent there frustration, throw some vitriol.

I think too much has been made out of what this guy has said, we have a tendency to attack any aspect of a person's character if we dislike or disagree with them. We have a tendency to think that if someone disagrees with me or has done one or two things wrong then everything else must be wrong. I'm not sure that's the wisest way to deal with things.

We've reached a point where the two schools of thought (bit of an overstatement) have contributed, I think I know what stance each of us have. I don't see the point of continuing on just for the sake of argument. I won't bother reading some comments-I have the gist of their arguments already however often the post comes with an inbuilt insulting system.

Regardless of who is more "correct" or not I hope that the new coach will do well, as will our players-I would much rather be wrong and have BD win then be right about something and have them losing.

Thank you to those who have argued against or for my arguments in a manner befitting gentlemen/women which is the overwhelming majority. I would expect nothing less of BC which I hope (and so far I have seen) has fewer red necks than most other fan forums.

Last edited by mar umpire; March 25, 2011 at 07:13 PM..
Old March 25, 2011, 09:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default I agree with Tamim

I completely agree with Tamim. Sports supporters of subcontinent tend to be a fickle bunch. Due to bad results in just one tournament they are forgetting about consistent improvement bangladesh made in past few years. They are completely ignoring how dominant Bangladesh has been at home recently. BD batsmen failed very bad in this worldcup, I must admit. But I have seen how bad they used to be during even the whatmor era and it is a completely different team sans those two games in worldcup.

I hope the BCB will be sensible and keep Jamie as the coach for 3 more years. Or else I will be disappointed and I am worried that Bangladesh team will struggle for next few years. I hope I am wrong.
Old March 25, 2011, 10:39 PM
Club Cricketer

Tamim is an unbelievabale cricketer, people respects his uncle Akram Khan for his great contribution of BD cricket and Nafis Iqbal also did his part for 1st test series win. I think whoever loves Tamim should advise him not to be the pawn of Jamie/Shakib and he should immediately give up V. captaincy. He should concentrate on only batting until 27. AT 27, I hope he will be our Gavaskar. I started respecting young Tamim right after his century against england mainly for his words cause he wanted to be remembered as a good person. I can bet my BMW that when Tamim will be 27, he will regret what his doing now. As far as BD is concerned, we cannot afford loosing a Tamim because he has the ability to be the north star of our cricket. People like Jamie will come and go but some one around him should guide this young boy. So, please stop "agreeing with Tamim" for the greater good of BD cricket.
Old March 26, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
SauGan is an excellent idea for a variety of reasons:

1. He speaks Bangla and hence no communication gap.

2. He won't take any BS from the BSers and alga matobbors running our Board.

3. He is extremely proactive and takes immense pride in his work, never any excuses from him.
Good points Sohel bhai. Once again super naming, SauGan ...
Old March 26, 2011, 06:20 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
Good assessment, put through in a gentlemanly manner; we find a few rough diamonds but sometimes we lose them due to a lack of development and that's what they remain-raw talent. I hope they have developed enough to continue without too much assistance from coaches.

As fans we're quite fickle, the same people bashing tamim etc probably will be back on a tamim bandwagon as soon as he's back in form again (hope that's soon).

The fact tamim said it gave those angry at the team a chance to vent there frustration, throw some vitriol.

I think too much has been made out of what this guy has said, we have a tendency to attack any aspect of a person's character if we dislike or disagree with them. We have a tendency to think that if someone disagrees with me or has done one or two things wrong then everything else must be wrong. I'm not sure that's the wisest way to deal with things.

We've reached a point where the two schools of thought (bit of an overstatement) have contributed, I think I know what stance each of us have. I don't see the point of continuing on just for the sake of argument. I won't bother reading some comments-I have the gist of their arguments already however often the post comes with an inbuilt insulting system.

Regardless of who is more "correct" or not I hope that the new coach will do well, as will our players-I would much rather be wrong and have BD win then be right about something and have them losing.

Thank you to those who have argued against or for my arguments in a manner befitting gentlemen/women which is the overwhelming majority. I would expect nothing less of BC which I hope (and so far I have seen) has fewer red necks than most other fan forums.
another top post from you..
Old March 26, 2011, 06:22 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by affan_ayan
Tamim is an unbelievabale cricketer, people respects his uncle Akram Khan for his great contribution of BD cricket and Nafis Iqbal also did his part for 1st test series win. I think whoever loves Tamim should advise him not to be the pawn of Jamie/Shakib and he should immediately give up V. captaincy. He should concentrate on only batting until 27. AT 27, I hope he will be our Gavaskar. I started respecting young Tamim right after his century against england mainly for his words cause he wanted to be remembered as a good person. I can bet my BMW that when Tamim will be 27, he will regret what his doing now. As far as BD is concerned, we cannot afford loosing a Tamim because he has the ability to be the north star of our cricket. People like Jamie will come and go but some one around him should guide this young boy. So, please stop "agreeing with Tamim" for the greater good of BD cricket.
not a wise prediction.. You'll have to eat your own word when tamim will fire against aus in the next upcoming series..thats my prediction..

Last edited by ahnaf; March 26, 2011 at 07:12 AM..
Old March 26, 2011, 09:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^i think he will humbly eat his words if tamim fires
Old March 26, 2011, 09:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

our team has come so far. the biggest improvement is tamim himself. some batsman got a spot in the squad. and proved them. someone like imrul kayes, who is not the flashiest of batsmen, but now has established himself as the other opener. or mahmudullah, who has a distinct role in the team.

but we now need to move on. we have improved a lot, but i think jamie siddons gave us all he could. its time for a change. we need someone new, a strategic planner, who could plan with the resources we have. not keep trying to improve the resources while not having a strategy. we now need a "planner" more than a "teacher".

that is why Jamie Siddons should go.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old March 26, 2011, 02:58 PM
Club Cricketer

Ahnaf,
"not a wise prediction.. You'll have to eat your own word when tamim will fire against aus in the next upcoming series..thats my prediction."

You didn't get my point, I have no doubt he will do great. But he should stop doing rubbish talking. He should focus on batting. If his average is 40 in test, he should take it to 50. He should score the three centuries because he has the ability. In the past, a lot players got screwed up and we cannot take risk. He should look at player like Tendulkar. There were better skilled players than tendulakar but they couldn't came close to Tendulkar because of lack of focus and humility.