facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 6, 2009, 05:39 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default 5 stages to Grief.(Get healthy again in no time)

As per request, here is the thread:

Grief is a somewhat complicated and misunderstood emotion. Yet, grief is something that, unfortunately, we must all experience at some time or other. We will all inevitably experience loss. Whether it is a loss through death, divorce or more importantly cricket related, the stages of grieving are the same.

There are five stages of grief. If we get stuck in one stage or the other, the process of grieving is not complete, and cannot be complete. Thus there will be no healing. A person MUST go through the five stages to be well again, to heal. Not everyone goes through the stages at the same time. It is different for each person. You cannot force a person through the stages, they have to go at their own pace, and you may go one step forward then take two steps backward, but this is all part of the process, and individual to each person. But, as stressed, ALL five stages must be completed for healing to occur.

1-Denial-"This can't be happening." "The match must be fixed" "Umpires helped the Other team win" Not accepting or even acknowledging the loss.

2-Anger- Do I really have to give an example of this?

3-Bargaining-bargaining often takes place before the loss. "Had Ashraful not played the shot..." "If Mash had more endurance..." "If Mushy didn't drop that guy..."

4-Depression-Overwhelming feeling of hopelessness. Retiring from BC, Going to bed Early without looking at score.

5-Acceptance- Accepting the fact that maybe some teams aren't meant for greatness. Can't really give a good example here

Get help. You will survive. You will heal, even if you cannot believe that now, just know that it is true. To feel pain after loss is normal. It proves that we are alive, human. But we can't stop living. We have to become stronger, while not shutting off our feelings for the hope of one day being healed and finding love and/or happiness again.

(And sorry Orphy, I just can't give advices for cricket sexuality. New Fetish eh? Whatever floats your boat)

Old January 6, 2009, 06:04 PM
Test Cricketer

lol nice post! I used to get stuck at no. 4, I've worked my way out to no. 5. here is my secret – be pessimistic from the beginning and don’t get excited so easily
Old January 6, 2009, 06:05 PM
Cricket Savant

This is how I work it out in my schizophrenic megalomaniac delusional way:

1-Denial "This has not happened as in quantum world all possibilties exist and we are simply living in the 'wrong' parallel universe. "

2-Anger- "I take it out by ranting it wit ma momma living in momma's basement."

3-Bargaining- "If only if.....just if.....ufff if.....if this....come'on if....."

4-Depression- "severe depression that has caused loss of appetite to cutting down pizzas to only 2 for breakfast."

5-Acceptance- "we suck, lot of self-hate and as em's sagacious paraphrased words:

we [I'd] be exploding soaked in self loathing and mourning
So we [I'm] warning you, don't coax us [me]
It's silly, we [I'm] really a sheep in wolfs clothing

Let the slittin begin.....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; January 6, 2009 at 06:42 PM..
Old January 6, 2009, 06:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
(And sorry Orphy, I just can't give advices for cricket sexuality. New Fetish eh? Whatever floats your boat)
What's this about?
Old January 6, 2009, 06:57 PM
Cricket Savant

i guess we have to look on the bright said: sanjay gupta has been named surgeon general...watch out kids.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles