facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 28, 2013, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler
Unhappy Can We Forgive?

Quote:
Let me tell you a story of a little girl named Xitclalli "Chilli" Vasquez. She is in elementary school and is now 9 years old. At the age of 8, while she was riding a car with her sister in Texas; their car was hit by a drunk driver. Her body became paralyzed from the waist down. Once her dream was to be a doctor—now all she wants is to walk again.

She wrote a four-page letter to Jeremy Solis, the person who is responsible for all this. The letter was titled "From One of Your Victims." It explained how she was planning to get a hair cut with her sister on the day the terrible incident took place. She also told him about her recent days.

"I don't remember the first several days. I could not talk, so I had to use my thumb to answer yes or no. While I was in UCLA I had very bad moments. They took x-rays of me every day. Feed me through a button. I had tubes through my mouth and nose."

In her words, "There were times that I would cry and cry…in therapy they showed me how to lift myself and dress myself. But right now it's still very hard. My mom does a lot for me but I try myself. There are days that I cry cause I can't do what I used to. Well, I could keep going but my hand is getting tired. I would like you to meet me and my family…there are days that are bad because I have a hard time getting around. "

"Look at what I said and the words I said and tell me how I look and feel. How do you feel today? Do you remember July 9th?"

The letter was read in the Tarrant County Court. It brought tears to everyone who were present in that room including Jeremy and the jury. Jeremy decided to plead guilty and was given 10 years sentence in prison.

What Chilli wants today is that Jeremy should respond to her letter. She says, “"It will make me happy if he says he is sorry." She also plans to send more letters to Jeremy while he serves his years in prison.

The bravery and courage she showed by writing a letter to the person who devastated her life and asking him to meet her and her family is beyond our imagination. Chilli’s story shows to us, we can forgive and we can forgive anyone no matter how badly they might have behaved to us.

We can’t be there with Chilli but we pray that she will be able to walk again and have a beautiful life surrounded by love and forgiveness.

Can we learn from Chilli?
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html
Old January 30, 2013, 02:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Ofcourse you can forgive but only someone who has done harm to you. You can't forgive who has done harm to others. You have no right to do that.
+++
It is better for you to forgive someone who has done wrong to you. And after that not reminding him/her that you have forgiven. That chapter needs to be closed forever. Forgive and forget (because you want to be forgiven as well).
Old January 31, 2013, 07:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

There are very few people in real world who are brave enough like Ms. Vasquez, who can forgive unconditionally. May be in fictions for instance the Himu character of late Humayun Ahmed who could be found forgiving unconditionally to many impostors who intentionally did severe harms to him in numerous novels where he is the protagonist. I am not as brave as Ms. Vasquez and neither I am blessed with such holy spirit.

So, compared to the harm done to her though I lost and suffered nothing, I can't. Hope that does not make me a less human.