facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2005, 10:10 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

If you read the posts, you'd clearly see that THEY ARE. I suggest you re-read every post in this thread. Everyone clearly showed their annoyance at lance's post.

By the way, in a group of 1781, there will always be 1781 different views. Out of those, 81 may be completely unacceptable. I always notice 15-30 positive response to 1 bad ones. It's completely natural.

As for Vasu, good on him. He was all over BCCI for postponing the BD tour in his previous article and now this. May be Ash, Aftab, and Masri won him over, can you blame him ?

Quote:
Originally posted by r56hg
Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
I wonder why Anand Vasu being an Indian is trying to ver friendly with us.

.... edited ......
I think Bangla cricket fans should be more mature

Old July 21, 2005, 11:47 PM
Test Cricketer

we confused... there should be two kinds of criticisms, destructive and constructive... boycott made perfectly destructive criticism, whereas many otheres are making constructive criticsm. one should try to understand the message from the criticism, then only they can make improvement. many times, constructive criticisms wrongly understood in this forum and biased in wrong way. now, it is surprising that some members are doubting the appreciation and support extended to bangla cricket and trying to link with it `anti india' thought. it is very sad........
Old July 22, 2005, 12:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by vv_sunil
we confused... there should be two kinds of criticisms, destructive and constructive... boycott made perfectly destructive criticism, whereas many otheres are making constructive criticsm. one should try to understand the message from the criticism, then only they can make improvement. many times, constructive criticisms wrongly understood in this forum and biased in wrong way. now, it is surprising that some members are doubting the appreciation and support extended to bangla cricket and trying to link with it `anti india' thought. it is very sad........

Keep in mind it was just ONE member.
Old July 22, 2005, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Tehsin
If you read the posts, you'd clearly see that THEY ARE. I suggest you re-read every post in this thread. Everyone clearly showed their annoyance at lance's post.
Tehsin if you were referring to my post then pls. re-read it as I was actually thanking BC fans for speaking up against the offending post from Lance. You seemed to conclude that my comment was sarcastic in some way, not sure why when it was written in plain english and pretty clear. The glass is usually half full before it's half empty. Or is it? Thanks.
Old July 22, 2005, 03:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Guyz,

I apologise for writing that. Actually, i dint mean to be so negative over there. I already mentioned that too in that post.

I just asked whtz the reason behind he writing that simply but some of u guys which think too much thought i am being negative over here indirectly. Or i expect something negative to hear from that...

Mr. Ian...

U dont need to show some indications about my arguments to others. U say to me straight away if i happen to contradict with ya.

I think i just 've to say Sorry coz otherwise u guys dont seem to be convinced by me.

I dont mind saying sorry as it dont harm my reputation either or i dont feel low but wht makes me feel bad is that some of u guys think too much and just make those harsh comments about me, thinking i indirectly meant something negative over there...

All i just wanted to know why the hell is he supporting us being an Indian. Its aint some normal to see some1 from other country raise his voice for us.

Some of u guys also need to be matured too...
Old July 22, 2005, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

>>All i just wanted to know why the hell is he supporting us being an Indian

maybe because we deserve it?
Old July 22, 2005, 03:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
Quote:
Originally posted by Tehsin
Tehsin if you were referring to my post then pls. re-read it as I was actually thanking BC fans for speaking up against the offending post from Lance. You seemed to conclude that my comment was sarcastic in some way, not sure why when it was written in plain english and pretty clear. The glass is usually half full before it's half empty. Or is it? Thanks.
fight fight...! Dibs on Raf to KO Tehsin

Rafiq - Check the quotation chain in Tehsin's post - he was responding to h3565 whatever, who commented that "fans should be more mature"...

Even though most people ARE out to get you - in this instance it was sadly not so.
Old July 22, 2005, 03:23 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
All i just wanted to know why the hell is he supporting us being an Indian. Its aint some normal to see some1 from other country raise his voice for us.
Why not? If someone is out there to harshly criticize us, then there can surely be someone who is willing to support us.

After all, we support and criticize other teams beside Bangladesh. There's nothing abnormal in this
Old July 22, 2005, 03:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid

Even though most people ARE out to get you - in this instance it was sadly not so.
By the way rafiq bhai, this WAS written for you. LOL!! I always laughed reading your funny posts rafiq bhai but for the first time in Banglacricket history.. please allow me to

HAHAHAHHA @ YOU!!
Old July 22, 2005, 05:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

take a deep breath and cool down lance_k.. and start thinking in a clear head now!

Quote:
Mr. Ian...

U dont need to show some indications about my arguments to others. U say to me straight away if i happen to contradict with ya.
In that case... what's your reason of posting in an open thread if you can't accept criticisms about your post? You could just have said it to the poster alone!

Quote:
I just asked whtz the reason behind he writing that simply but some of u guys which think too much thought i am being negative over here indirectly. Or i expect something negative to hear from that...
Unfortunately.... u have not yet written any words of praise for the well-written article yet. Instead u went for finding 'hidden reasons'. you can't blame everyone for calling you negative.. because that's what you are being here!

Quote:
I think i just 've to say Sorry coz otherwise u guys dont seem to be convinced by me.
Then just say that!
Say a simple "I am sorry for my post"... rather than making another 30-liner responce blaming everyone out here again!!

Don't you think u r self-contradicting about the sorry thing?

Quote:
Now that's a pretty rude way to talk about someone who is saying sometihng good about you!! Grow up!!

Quote:
And my final remarks on that comment:
Well... if you are really 'extra-sensitive' about how people react or criticize your posts... then please be a little bit more careful about what u write before writing. That will solve about 90% of the problems... rather than getting annoyed on anyone who opposes u.
Old July 22, 2005, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
take a deep breath and cool down lance_k.. and start thinking in a clear head now!

Quote:
Mr. Ian...

In that case... what's your reason of posting in an open thread if you can't accept criticisms about your post? You could just have said it to the poster alone!

Quote:
Unfortunately.... u have not yet written any words of praise for the well-written article yet. Instead u went for finding 'hidden reasons'. you can't blame everyone for calling you negative.. because that's what you are being here!

Quote:
Then just say that!
Say a simple "I am sorry for my post"... rather than making another 30-liner responce blaming everyone out here again!!

Quote:
Now that's a pretty rude way to talk about someone who is saying sometihng good about you!! Grow up!!

Quote:
Well... if you are really 'extra-sensitive' about how people react or criticize your posts... then please be a little bit more careful about what u write before writing. That will solve about 90% of the problems... rather than getting annoyed on anyone who opposes u.
you can change someone's ability but you can't change someone's attitude.
Old July 22, 2005, 09:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

just heard an interview of ehsan mani on bbc.his comment on boycott's comment was interesting.he said that if test cricket can survive boycott's era,then it can also survive bangladesh's era.
Old July 22, 2005, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
just heard an interview of ehsan mani on bbc.his comment on boycott's comment was interesting.he said that if test cricket can survive boycott's era,then it can also survive bangladesh's era.
LOL that's a riot!

Zunaid, Orph - thanks for laughing with me, at me, around me - as my son say's "it's all good". actually only one of you is right and only tehsin knows which one!

Lance - come on man, anyone can write good or bad stuff about your cricket team and they aren't always from one particular country or the other - please apply some more logic.
Old July 22, 2005, 11:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

London, July 22, 2005: This just in from a press conference by Geoff Boycott.
Geoof Boycott just stated that, "..as the English bowlers are whipped by mediocre Aussie attack, I reiterate my stand that my mum can bowl better than any English players." When asked by a reporter whether he meant Bangladeshi players, he reiterated that it was a slip of tongue and added, 'even the Bangladeshi players can whip this sloppy English attack." Apparently Geoff Boycott's slip of tongue has caused a riot in Banglacricket.com and administrators are scrambling to keep it down. Banglacricket.com is planning to seek restitution from Geoff Boycott for his careless comment. However, one staff commented that it will be difficult to collect anything from him as he may be considered incompetent to stand trial by a court.

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 4:10 PM GMT, by CTazim.

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 4:13 PM GMT, by CTazim.
Old July 22, 2005, 11:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Guyz,

I apologise for writing that. Actually, i dint mean to be so negative over there. I already mentioned that too in that post.

I just asked whtz the reason behind he writing that simply

...stuff deleted for clarity ...

I dont mind saying sorry as it dont harm my reputation either or i dont feel low but wht makes me feel bad is that

Again Lance, you are apologizing yet not stepping back from your stand. With the exception of India playing Bangladesh, I have many Indian friends who supports Bangladesh and believe me so does Ian if Australia is not playing Bangladesh.

Secondly, while there are some in Indian media that may be biased, there are many who are very objective- Some even have gone to the extent of unabashedly criticising BCCI for postponing Bangladesh tour of India.

I myself, in my neverending zeal, have been vocal where I myselfy have sounded like a bigot. However, it is important to be careful what we write through which we are recongnized in this forum.

Again, please try to be objective and appreciative when someone defends you (not everyone is a cunning fox), recognize a non-Bangladeshi when he stands up with you when your national anthem is being played, appreciate when a country outside Bangladesh erects a monument in their country in honor of the myrtyrs of our language movement. It is equalyl important to acknowledge the friends in India who fought side by side with us in ICC to get us our test status. If you can take it to your heart and convince yourself only then your apology may have meaning and rest of us will be convinced, until then it is wise to refrain from inserting your foot in your mouth.

Cheers

Azim
Old July 22, 2005, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by CTazim
Quote:
Guyz,

I just asked whtz the reason behind he writing that simply

...stuff deleted for clarity ...

I dont mind saying sorry as it dont harm my reputation either or i dont feel low but wht makes me feel bad is that

Again Lance, you are apologizing yet not stepping back from your stand. With the exception of India playing Bangladesh, I have many Indian friends who supports Bangladesh and believe me so does Ian if Australia is not playing Bangladesh.

Secondly, while there are some in Indian media that may be biased, there are many who are very objective- Some even have gone to the extent of unabashedly criticising BCCI for postponing Bangladesh tour of India.

I myself, in my neverending zeal, have been vocal where I myselfy have sounded like a bigot. However, it is important to be careful what we write through which we are recongnized in this forum.

Again, please try to be objective and appreciative when someone defends you (not everyone is a cunning fox), recognize a non-Bangladeshi when he stands up with you when your national anthem is being played, appreciate when a country outside Bangladesh erects a monument in their country in honor of the myrtyrs of our language movement. It is equalyl important to acknowledge the friends in India who fought side by side with us in ICC to get us our test status. If you can take it to your heart and convince yourself only then your apology may have meaning and rest of us will be convinced, until then it is wise to refrain from inserting your foot in your mouth.

Cheers

Azim
Well...Azim...

Thanks...

Really appreciate ya on the above...
Old July 22, 2005, 01:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B

Quote:
Mr. Ian...

Quote:

Quote:
Then just say that!

Quote:

Quote:
Hey Dude...

Thanks...

Ur rite....
Old July 22, 2005, 11:55 PM
Test Cricketer

i believe end of a burning thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 23, 2005, 06:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

it never ends my friend, especially when u got a poster like lance_klusner, whose writing style somewhat resembles the playing style of his namesake! Its all a bang-bang style!