facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 2, 2005, 08:32 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Name the 2 best slip catchers for Tharanga next considering horrible fielding side of BD!

I am not dissapointing as Mr. Tharanga (pls correct the spell if I am mistaken) the opener was dropped in 1st ODI and in 2nd ODI by Shahriar and Manjarul Rana in slip catching position! As I believe still these players are learning and and at their beginning of career! What do you think so?!

What else we have got better than those twos? You guys seen the slip missed catches before by Bashar, Javed Omar, Tushar Imran, Mashrafe?
What is the lacking behind them after so much training and training? What Dave Whatmore can do if some one missed by his concentration in slip position while there is always regulation catches missed & dropped by them?
Manjarul Rana is a good catcher but not consistent in slip, any body seen the way back sided catch he took today?
Its simply great! The question is who is consistent in regular catching? Nobody out there!
But, I am bit confused who will be ours best slip catcher players for 3rd ODI? Bashar is always a late divers, so Shahriar, wiith Manjarul okay? Let the things going worst to their two shoulders, as they already got the heat of not getting Tharanga from last two games, half century and century today!
Do you think we need to call Ian Chappel once again to coatch on fielding! Its horrible, and painful as well!
It is really hard to believe 4 catches were dropped and two run out missed by Bangladeshi players in 1st ODI! If these were taken, the game could go to a different dimension!
And, today, 2 (Rana & Mashud), and one stamping chance were missed! And, seen the sloppy fielding by Rasel and Aftab! Balls were passing under their two legs and they were unable to stop those boundaries! They must be fined, just deduct their 50% match fees if they drop catches in the next game, and do miss field!
If I am not going to the different story, please do something to the slips position for 3rd ODI, and specially for Tharanga!

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 2:25 PM GMT, by national_zoo.
Reason: spell

Old September 2, 2005, 09:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by national_zoo
I am not dissapointing as Mr. Tharanga (pls correct the spell if I am mistaken) the opener was dropped in 1st ODI and in 2nd ODI by Shahriar and Manjarul Rana in slip catching position! As I believe still these players are learning and and at their beginning of career!

What else we have got better than these twos? You guys seen the slip missed catches before by Bashar, Javed Omor, Tushar Imran, Mashrafe?
What is the lacking behind them after so much training and training? What Dave Whatmore can do if some one missed by his concentration in slip position while there is a regulation catches?
Manarul is a good catcher but not consistent in slip, any body seen the way back sided catch he took today? Its simply great! But, I am not sure what is ours best slip catcher players for 3rd ODI? Bashar is always a late divers, so Shahriar, wiith Manjarul okay? Let the things going worst to their two shoulders, as they already got the heat of not getting Tharanga from last two games, half century and century today!
Do you think we need to call Ian Chappen once again to coatch on fielding! Its horrible, and painful as well!
I do not think 4 catches were fallen and two run out in 1st ODI! If these were taken, the game could go to a different dimension!
And, today, 2 (Rana & Mashud), and one stamping chance were missed!
If I am not going to the different story, please do something to the slips position for 3rd ODI, and specially for Tharanga!
Let's call Ian Chappen & complain/consult /request him about what more our coach can do to stop the' horrible & painful as well' things & ALSO to be our coatch on fielding once again.(shesh barer moto...Akheri request!!)

by the way, do u've Ian Chappen's phone number? i burned my phone-index in anger watching them play which was horrible & painful as well .
Old September 2, 2005, 10:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

This is an important issue. In test we would need atleast 4 of them in the slip area. I want to know who are the better ones?

I have no idea cause I couldn't watch any of the recent matches. those of you have seen or attached to the team please let us know.

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 3:18 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old September 2, 2005, 10:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Rightly pointed out ! catches win matches. Giving 2 lifes in this match, this will just boost the batsman's confidence.

This lad Tharanga, already has a 100 in a tour match and a 50 in the first one day. Now another 100 ? Just imagine the amount of confidence he will come in with in the 3rd one day too.

What can the helpless fast bowlers do in this unforgiving, batman friendly, one day format ? the best they can do is create chances. the fielders got to back them up by taking the half chances even. If the slip catchers are consistent, the batsman will think twice before opening the face to third man or slashing the ball to point. Slips, gully and point are very crucial postions, esp when the ball is new. The coach can only coach you to catch, he cannot stand there and take every catch. the best he can do is impose fines later as someone pointed out.

Come on fielders, back the bowlers, hold them catches ! Win them matches !

cheers !
Padosan
Old September 2, 2005, 11:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Tharanga was dropped 3 times in the first ODI and twice in the second ODI wow 5 lifes for two outs... any international batsman would capitalize on that.