facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25, 2007, 01:18 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla_usa
Why are you twisting my point here, bro? I said, he didn't do his job voluntarily, we paid him enuff more than the standard of our country to do his job. So, there is no point to do 'godogodo' to him like you are doing right now. We have already said enuff thank you to him and he is leaving the country at his own will..not like we fired him or did anything bad to him..
All I am saying is that there's nothing wrong with saying "thank you" for a job well done, even if you paid someone to do it. It is, in fact, expected. The fact that you paid someone for doing a job does not mean that you cannot or should not thank him for this. It is in poor taste to think that we own someone (and no need to show any appreciation) just because they are working for us.
Think about our government and how things are run in the country. Directly or indirectly, we are paying them to do a job. How well do you think they are doing?
You talked about per capita income in BD or India. Why? Because it helps make your argument stronger (you think)? Should he be ashamed to take the money since the country is poor? Try making this argument with your american friend. Try to convince him to ask for less money in his job since their are so many homeless people in america. Or, on an impersonal note, just casually suggest that usa should distribute all its wealth to the poor countries of the world. You know as well as I do, there is nothing wrong with accepting money for providing a service. How much is too much, of course, is subject to interpretation.
In the end, it is all business. The sooner we learn it the better it is for us, the team and the country. We talk about professionalism and being a professional cricketer all the time. Isn't the very meaning of the word is to put your emotions out of it and do your job in a business like way (and earn a living by doing it well)? Or, should we start preaching emotionalism now??

Go TIGERS!!