facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old August 10, 2005, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Default A proposal for BC front page

Just a thought -

Many of the news items published on the web about BD team are in Bangla.

Granted that Bangla newspapers are often further from facts and almost always suffer from over-analysis . But still it is a very significant portion of BD cricket coverage.

Unless it is too much trouble, I think adding a "Latest Bangla News on the Web" section in the front page will add real value for the fans.

Personally, I mostly look at BC front page for latest news on BD cricket. But for Bangla news, I have to surf through all the Bangla newspapers and magazines that have online editions. It will be great if BC can be our one-stop shop for all BD cricket news. I am pretty sure that non-Bangla-speaking members and guests will not mind the addition.

Lastly, if this post belongs to any particular part of the forum other than this section, moderators pls feel free to relocate it.

Edited on, August 10, 2005, 10:16 PM GMT, by Sauron.
Reason: semantics

Old August 10, 2005, 08:52 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

It is a good idea. However, I am not sure how will it be to maintain. We will need a team of volunteers who will update it everyday, they will have to type in Bengali, which is not simple. Also, most Bengali news does not have a straight link, rather its always on the sports page where you have to scroll down to read it. And pretty much every day every Bengali news paper has Bangladesh cricket news. So it will be same link every day for same sources just with new title. Seems to me, if we just publish links to sports sections in all Bangla newspapers, that would serve the same purpose withour needing to be maintained regularly.

What do you think?
Old August 10, 2005, 09:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
It is a good idea. However, I am not sure how will it be to maintain. We will need a team of volunteers who will update it everyday, they will have to type in Bengali, which is not simple. Also, most Bengali news does not have a straight link, rather its always on the sports page where you have to scroll down to read it. And pretty much every day every Bengali news paper has Bangladesh cricket news. So it will be same link every day for same sources just with new title. Seems to me, if we just publish links to sports sections in all Bangla newspapers, that would serve the same purpose withour needing to be maintained regularly.

What do you think?
That should do it. Prothom-alo is a must though.
Old August 11, 2005, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Yep. Agreed. That will be useful.
Old August 11, 2005, 12:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

looks like people wants to sleep when they were offered food (khai tey diley shutey chay)....

Khub bashi shomoy lagey naki surf korey khobor ber kortey???:duh:
Old August 11, 2005, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77
looks like people wants to sleep when they were offered food (khai tey diley shutey chay)....

Khub bashi shomoy lagey naki surf korey khobor ber kortey???:duh:
Nope. It doesn't take too much effort or time to surf and find Bangla news.

By the same token, it doesn't take too much effort to do a google search to get tons of BD cricket news in English. And similarly, it doesn't take too much effort to go to other forums and read the discussions, even participate if my lazy bones allow.

I am definitely lazy by your standards. But the main point is to make BC continually better. Make the visitors feel that this is the place to be for anything and everything that has something to do with BD cricket. BC is already a stand-out amongst the good cricket fan sites. But that shouldn't be a reason to not add or improve.

It doesn't cost money to propose, advise or oppose. If it cost me money, I wouldn't propose this. If it cost you money you may not have posted that smart-@ss response. The only people that will spend "money" (in this case equivalent effort) are the admins/mods/webmasters. So, let them do it if it makes sense in terms of effort.
Old August 23, 2005, 02:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

e-mela tey shob newspaper link asey. hope this helps

http://www.e-mela.com/
Old August 24, 2005, 04:45 AM
Cricket Legend

E-mela keno, ei site-ey jothesto link ase:

http://banglacricket.com/html/footer/links.php