facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 14, 2019, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Democracy as you put it got USA Donald Trump and autocracy got BD Hasina. I rest my case.
Does it mean USA should have forfeited their election and coronated Hillary Clinton, since the orange buffoon was seemingly incapable of holding the office?

Your democracy sounds like বিচার মানি তাল কিন্তু গাছ আমার। Democracy is good only as long as the other does not win. But that is not the point of democracy. The point of democracy is it is the people who should decide whether they want to be in জ্বলন্ত চুলা or ফুটন্ত কড়াই, not the ruling party. If people choose the worse of the two evil, so should be it. Otherwise, don't call it a democracy. Call it a monarchy.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Old January 14, 2019, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I have no clue what happened in the BD elections and I dont understand democracy and so on. If democracy is allowing the party that openly bombs oppositions parties meetings in broad day light, supports a another party with a terrifying background then I am not sure if I want that democracy in my country. While I dont support anything wrong BAL has done or will do in the future, I will continue to support them over their only opposition who I think is comprised of incapables and criminals. Democracy as you put it got USA Donald Trump and autocracy got BD Hasina. I rest my case.
Bhai, apnare boli ekta, bujhen ekta. Yes you are biased. Read ToBeFair nice succinct reply.

I may not agree with your choice of a candidate (lets say mash) but I will defend your right to vote for him always. If that makes any sense to you. that's democracy. Not what u wrote - not wanting democracy in ur country if it results in the wrong candidate.

what you are describing is who you would rather vote for.

it's sad reading ur posts because i mistakenly thought u are actually a smart guy listening to ur sports podcast. But I guess allegiance to anything can yield lopsided world view.

Please don't compare USA to your pathetic Bangladesh when it comes to democracy and human rights. If you think BD has similar checks and balance as USA - u understand the political system of neither country.
Old January 14, 2019, 11:45 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Does it mean USA should have forfeited their election and coronated Hillary Clinton, since the orange buffoon was seemingly incapable of holding the office?

Your democracy sounds like বিচার মানি তাল কিন্তু গাছ আমার। Democracy is good only as long as the other does not win. But that is not the point of democracy. The point of democracy is it is the people who should decide whether they want to be in জ্বলন্ত চুলা or ফুটন্ত কড়াই, not the ruling party. If people choose the worse of the two evil, so should be it. Otherwise, don't call it a democracy. Call it a monarchy.
bhai, i dont know why you are trying to teach me what "democracy" is. for you and iDumb, its not democracy because of alleged tempering of the votes. Yes I understand that. but I said for ME, if democracy means having an incompetent and corrupt party into power then I would rather not have democracy. Yea of course people have the right to choose the wrong (or what I think is wrong) but why are you mixing it up with what I prefer?
Old January 14, 2019, 11:53 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Bhai, apnare boli ekta, bujhen ekta. Yes you are biased. Read ToBeFair nice succinct reply.

I may not agree with your choice of a candidate (lets say mash) but I will defend your right to vote for him always. If that makes any sense to you. that's democracy. Not what u wrote - not wanting democracy in ur country if it results in the wrong candidate.

what you are describing is who you would rather vote for.

it's sad reading ur posts because i mistakenly thought u are actually a smart guy listening to ur sports podcast. But I guess allegiance to anything can yield lopsided world view.

Please don't compare USA to your pathetic Bangladesh when it comes to democracy and human rights. If you think BD has similar checks and balance as USA - u understand the political system of neither country.
This whole time I have only stated what I think and what I prefer. I am not trying to teach you what democracy is. If you think democracy at its core is missing in Bangladesh just because there is no credible opposition to overrule the current authority then be it. You think the the current party has tempered with the elections and I think the current party took advantage of the lack of a proper opposition. They are two different things!

Just because the opposition couldnt get their act together or the resource together to unite and campaign does not mean the ruling party took away the democratic right for these people. Do yourself a favor and ask people in BD about how active BNP candidates were. They didnt campaign, they didnt go to their people to ask for votes and when it came time for election, their voters didnt even bother turning up thinking its a lost cause just like the party they are supporting.
Old January 14, 2019, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

^Mashrafee bin mortaza also didn't campaign. He played an ODI series the month of the election. Yet he received 96% of votes. I guess non campaigning does not cause reduced voter turnaround when the candidates party is in power yeah?

Also since opposing party supporters didn't bother coming to the poll thinking the result is a foregone conclusion and why waste time, why did the voters for ruling party come in droves? result would be foregone conclusion for them too.

in a statistically significant race (where enough votes are casted) - voters turnout can be low but it would not yield a different result than if all 100% of ppl came out and voted.

So that argument of yours hold no merit. It's possible however that 96% of whole BD actually want the current regime and current administrator again. Probable? LOL .. Alien will invade earth soon.
Old January 14, 2019, 01:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Torra jay ja bolish bhai amar Noukar patton chai
Old January 14, 2019, 01:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Since Modern BNP has been in power for 10 years Since 90's. Can someone please list the major/Significant positive development that they (BNP) have done in those 10 years? (if you want, I can do a similar exercise for AL)

Here are the major negatives that BNP is responsible for

1/ Bangladesh did not manage to be a part of Submarine cable network in the early 90's when the connection was offered for free. We had to wait another 14-15 years to finally log on to submarine cable. India advanced in IT while Bangladesh remained in the backwaters as a result.

2/ Did not add a single MW of electricity during its second tenure (between 2001 and 2006). New factories had to wait for months and years to get Power connection (even after bribes).

3/ Prominent Opposition political leaders were assassinated during their tenure. Ahsanullah Master MP, SAMS Kibria and Ivy Rahman were all murdered during BNP time.

4/ Bangladesh did not manage a single year of bumper crop production during both BNP tenures.

5/ Railway was in the verge of total destruction. No new Locomotives added to Railway. No new stations or railway lines were built. Many existing railway stations were shut down. Infact IMF wanted BNP to shut railway as a whole since it was a loss making entity.

6/ Hawa bhaban became the symbol of corruption. Since my family has been in business for long and is connected to top businessman in Bangladesh, I can safely state that I did not come across a single business person who did not have money extorted from them during those years. Ofcourse, there are exceptions (example Mosaddek Falu , 1 group etc).

I could have added a few more points like corruption or rise of extremism, but AL and BNP has both been responsible.
Old January 15, 2019, 11:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/o...kh-hasina.html

Haisokor! BAL er jonno Haisokor !