facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Angry I don't like thread...

Indian Anchors both onfield and offield. We have many many anchoring talents but why foreigners doing it?

Secondly, the indian (Pak?) anchor just was interviewing Imran NAzir in Urdu!!!! Com on.. this is just crossing the line. This is Bangladesh Premier League for god sake!!!

Pandits - give some of ex BD players or even some current players a chance to do analysis at the beginning, middle and end of the game.

I don't like this!!

Old February 12, 2012, 09:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Re: Interviewing Imran in Urdu

Its Imran who started talking in Urdu as he cant speak in English. The anchor did not start in Urdu and he summed up in English whatever Imran said. So, cant find any issue there.
Old February 12, 2012, 09:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

look at the bright side, they are working under us
Old February 12, 2012, 09:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I dont like the hostess. She has no instant reaction which is very important skill being a host. Always seems like she memorizes few lines and vomits and when she runs out of any question or counter question, stares at the commies without saying anything.
Old February 12, 2012, 10:26 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i dont like the anchor sheena..she is a joke..dont know anything..dont know what to say..often forgets her line and cant even speak bangla properly
Old February 12, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I don't like BideshiderPremierLeague
Old February 12, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

You have to understand that this is franchised based league. Some of the franchise may want to expend their business to India and other countries. And who know better ways of attracting people than us? I mean think about how involved we are wherever Shakib goes...
Old February 12, 2012, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i dont like the anchor sheena..she is a joke..dont know anything..dont know what to say..often forgets her line and cant even speak bangla properly
more often than not she gets pwned by Atul's comment and she is too dumb to give a proper reply
Old February 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

i am going to say this - too much cricket is desensitizing me!
this wham bam cricket - just overflow of the stacks!
the asia cup attendance may dwindle and then tests more.
the ultimate game`s value is being devalued.
an analogy may be opera and a rock concert
a book and its movie version
creativity and the hyperhype.
ring of the Nibelungen and the ring trilogy
the imperial crown and the tiara.

- i lament.
Old February 12, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cricket Savant

this thread
Old February 12, 2012, 07:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

^^lol...
Old February 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

1. The number of Pakistanis in the BPL. Complete turn-off. Hence my support for KRB and absolute loathing of DG and DR.

2. Lack of playing time for the guys from the Associate nations.

3. Hindi/Urdu commentary/interviews/analysis at a Bangladeshi event.

4. Lack of spectator turnout. What the hell happened? Tk 200 still too much for people?

5. All matches being played in Dhaka and Chittagong. WTF? Why not Sylhet (Divisional Stadium), Bogra (Shaheed Chandu), Rajshahi (Shaheed Kamruzzaman), Khulna (Sheikh Abu Naser)?

6. Bangladeshi players not batting high enough in the line-up.
Old February 13, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Are they not letting photographers in?!!
Old February 13, 2012, 07:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

If you try to compare bpl with ipl 4 you will only hurt yourself. as you will go for pilgrimage even its far from you. the indians will come in numbers to worship the game even if it is in the middle of sundarban. inshallah from next year bpl will start to spread across the country. they just didnt want to experiment lot first up. let the motor start. the gear and clutches are ready...
Old February 13, 2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
1. The number of Pakistanis in the BPL. Complete turn-off. Hence my support for KRB and absolute loathing of DG and DR.

2. Lack of playing time for the guys from the Associate nations.

3. Hindi/Urdu commentary/interviews/analysis at a Bangladeshi event.

4. Lack of spectator turnout. What the hell happened? Tk 200 still too much for people?

5. All matches being played in Dhaka and Chittagong. WTF? Why not Sylhet (Divisional Stadium), Bogra (Shaheed Chandu), Rajshahi (Shaheed Kamruzzaman), Khulna (Sheikh Abu Naser)?

6. Bangladeshi players not batting high enough in the line-up.
1. Not a fan of most things Pakistani - but you can't deny that the pakistani players have been a big hit in this tournament. I'm ok with having them.

2. Associate nations - have you seen the exposure the local players are getting? These things will slowly sort themselves out. When teams start pulling away, and securing berths in the SF and bottom two, youngsters and unknowns will get an opportunity.

3. Lots more Bangla yesterday, including the hosts making a big effort to get into the spirit of Spring.

4. Spectators have increased with each passing day - but SSC(ongoing) and upcoming HSC exams are a big factor.

5. This is something we all noticed, but have deemed acceptable for the inaugural tournament, and one done in such a short span of time. 6 sites would have made things a lot more complicated, but I am sure it is something that will happen in the coming seasons.

6. This is an issue - but I think it reflects the crapness of our players. From a selfish point of view, we want them up the order, but from a franchise point of view, where winning is all that matters, it makes perfect sense to play the better and more experienced foreign players.
Old February 14, 2012, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Only a handful of Pakistanis have been good so far; maybe a quarter of the contingent at best. Shehzad, Jamshed for sure...and maybe Arafat as well. That's 3 out of 14 players who are playing. Overall, I think there's way too much Pak-love. And I hate the fact that the Pak players are (on oo many occasions) being addressed in Urdu by their Bengali teammates, in the month of February at that. Anamul calling out to Azhar Memmod springs to mind. So does Mushy to Abdul Razzaq.

I take your point on number 2. At any rate, the guys from the Associate nations are making good money, so they needn't complain.

I really hope the organizers make a real effort to stress that this is a Bangladeshi event first and foremost. I can only hope that this aspect improves as the tournament progresses.

Stadiums are still too empty for my liking. CK vs KRB was not even half full. DG vs BB was maybe half full. HSC or no HSC, I think attendance has been rather poor. There's world class players on show in Bangladesh...what more do people want?

They should commit to two new stadia for the next season. There has to be more of a home and away feel to the matches. Teams should be scared to travel to the home venues of their opponents.

Frankly, I don't think our batsmen are that crap. I think there's been too much of an inferiority complex. First four or five batsmen being foreign is just plain unnecessary. Our guys may be bad, but not that bad. At least Mizanur, Anamul, Junaid, Imrul, Jahurul, Ashraful, Nafees, Riyad and Alok have appeared as top order batsmen, so I'm not overly upset. They will need to find consistency to prove their worth.
Old February 14, 2012, 05:04 AM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

I dont like poor fielding by our locals
Old February 14, 2012, 11:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

if I had a penny for every time shamim choudhury mentions naeem islams chokka nickname, I would be a millionaire by now. give it rest man.
Old February 14, 2012, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
I dont like poor fielding by our locals
Ashraful is trying to redeem the shoddy fielding by the locals all by himself. Catches, throwing himself around the boundary, and getting some gun throws in.
Old February 14, 2012, 12:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

I don't like that Rana is not getting any wickets (= 0 points) for my fantasy team...also, Ashraful-ke ke jeno shorojontro kore run korte dey nai ajke (Match # 10)...amakeo fantasy team-er point theke bonchito koreche...
Old February 14, 2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

The new host, she is stupider than the Indian Bengali
Old February 14, 2012, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I havent come across any good bangladeshi anchors off late... Some RJ's are good and thats abt it. Since we cannot produce one ourselves I find it stupid for people to complain against the quality. I know for a fact that this is a million times better than the last NCL T20 coverage we had.

I am soooo thankful that we dont have atahar ali commenting!!! People should stop complaining abt the coverage. This is by FAR the best ever for any bangladeshi event....

Also opening ceremony wasnt great, but again I have seen opening ceremonies organised by Bangladeshi event management groups during Saarc tournaments and stuff and this is again a gazzillion times better... As long as we cant do it ourselves, we have to rely on Indian/Foreign Event management teams and its not their fault that they dont understand our culture too well...
Old February 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

the hostess, etto dumb!
Old February 15, 2012, 11:08 AM
Banned

Actually she has grown on me, her presentation has improved as the tournament has progressed. The hindi has disappeared, a lot more Bangla being used too.

Her little Tour of Dhaka segment was nicely done.
Old February 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

I dont like the fact that almost 80% of the foreign recruits are either from Wi or Pakistan!!... I know stupid BCCI did not allow indians and they are no fun to watch either so no regrets there.... but I wished we had more and better international stars...