facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old June 13, 2006, 11:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Australia ranks below Japan just like Namibia ranks below Kenya... rank doesn't really matter here cuz in cricket we have only 10-15 countries playing while in football, its over hundred.... my point was kenya is a slightly better team than namibia and japan is a better team on paper than australia... just because aussies beat japan doesn't mean they will beat brazil.... try not to take everything literally...
yap...im not taking..but u r... but neither Namibia or Kenya is African champion even though only a handful of African plays cricket..!!
But Japan is the champion of the Asian Federation, in a geographic area with the most number of coutries..so when u compare Japan with kenya, u r actually undermining their credibility... got it ??

Quote:
about aussies winning japan... yes they played well and deserved to win... but problem lies somewhere else... when someone comes and says yeah we will thrash brazil next, thats when some of us make fun of the poster's football sense... its okay to be a good fan but you gotta be realistic at the same time... don't you think so?
here is a little comparison for you, taken fm the fifa world cup webpage...

Australia (AUS) Brazil (BRA)

5Played5
1Won3
1Drawn1
3Lost1
1Goals9

9-Jun-2001ULSAN (Korea Republic)Australia vs. Brazil1:0 (0:0)FIFA Confederations Cup Korea/Japan 2001

www.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

see, fans would always be optimist..and bout Aus playing Brazil, when realistically no one expects to beat them, statistically u cant blame an socceroo fan to be over optimist riding on the joy of the first wc win.. after all they did beat Brazil once in thier 5 times meeting so far.. so i guess the football sense is quite all right ..
ask any Croats today..i bet all of them would say they r lookin to beat Brazil...
now thrash is a word of over-excitement... and everyone knows that...

isnt it the same when we Bangladeshis want to win over Australia, or India..
when the truth is we beat them only once... but it still doesnt hold us to be over optimist ...when the matter of truth is we only won some odd 10 or 11 odi's against the top ranking teams, (minus kenya, hong kong and recent Zimbabwe) after playin them for over 100+ matches...

everyone here is realistic..it seems like u r the only one who's taking things literary and gettin carried away...

thats ok mate... we all r suffering fm the current disease known as
"the greatest show on earth"

Cheers !!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old June 13, 2006, 12:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I don't care what you think, as you are neither Japanese or Black. There is no justification of a racist slang, calling a Japanese 'Jap' is as derogatory as any non-black person calling a black person 'nig*er', so I suggest you avoid using such words, even if it seems ok to you.

While we're at this, please sort out your choice of analogies, especially references you make to 'sex'.
first of all, who are you to tell me what to do nad what not to do???

dude..i got my own heads, nd i choose my words..not you....

you dont know a crap about me..so dont act like mummy to me.....

jap maybe degoratory to you, but to me its not....lots of ppl here in australia use jap....they got nothing against japs.....besides, wtf do u care about what terminology i use?? you should mind your own business coz none of my comments are directed at you...

and as for my reference to 'sex'...welcome to 21st century...when you go to the movie and the movie has some sex scene, do u go nd complain to the manager of the theatre??? i dont give a d!mn about narrow minded ppl like you....or what you think....

so dont bother writing back to me coz i am not gonna read it...
Old June 13, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

lol.... first of all I wasn't talking about you when I mentioned about someone saying aussies will thrash brazil.... so take it easy bro... I guess you can't argue with a die hard fan cuz they are blind and thats what makes the game more beautiful... stat can be misleading sometimes.... if you wanna bring up stats to prove aussies might beat Brazil, I have nothing to say.... after all, you guys won the first game... enjoy it while you can
Old June 13, 2006, 12:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
lol.... first of all I wasn't talking about you when I mentioned about someone saying aussies will thrash brazil.... so take it easy bro... I guess you can't argue with a die hard fan cuz they are blind and thats what makes the game more beautiful... stat can be misleading sometimes.... if you wanna bring up stats to prove aussies might beat Brazil, I have nothing to say.... after all, you guys won the first game... enjoy it while you can
were you talking about me then?
Old June 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Hmmmm let me see...

"Australia nails japs..we taught em karate the kangaroo way"

"Australia destroys lichtenstein "

Of course not!
Old June 13, 2006, 12:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Australia worthy of our respect: Brazil

Thursday Jun 8 16:32 AEST

Australia is already worthy of clear World Cup favourite and group rival Brazil's respect, says a leading Brazilian coach.
But the Socceroos must be disciplined in possession and launch lightning counter-attacks to have any chance against Ronaldinho and his outrageously talented team-mates, advised Oswaldo de Oliveira, the boss of Brazilian club Fluminense.
A series of gutsy performances, including a victory over Uruguay to qualify for Germany and the recent warm-up draw with world No.3 the Netherlands, in the lead-up to the 2006 World Cup caught the eye of de Oliveira.

He may have coached Brazil stars Robinho and Kaka at club level and won a World Club Cup in 2000 with Corinthians but the Rio de Janeiro-based coach said he was impressed by the Socceroos' style.

I like what I see," de Oliveira said in Sydney on Thursday.
"To beat Uruguay is very difficult. They are fighters and very difficult to beat. I like the style Australia played.
"Holland didn't play 100 per cent but anyway I like very much some of Australia's players, they showed they are at a good level and can play very well in the World Cup."
De Oliveira said while Brazil should not underestimate Australia when the two sides meet on June 18 in Munich, it will play its normal game.
"We have to respect the Australian players," he said.
"But if somebody must change, Australia must change against Brazil.
"They must have a very strong strategy to enforce the rhythm and ball possession.
"If you give the chance to Brazil to have the ball for a long time, you are giving us the game. Australia must mark very well and play very fast in counter-attack."
De Oliveira also tipped Australia to get past the first round in Germany - as long as it beats Japan in its opening game.
"I think Japan and Australia must fight a lot in the first game because the chance for the two countries will be decided in this game," he said.
"I think Australia, Japan and Croatia, they will fight for second place."
The Brazilian mentor warned however that the round of 16, where Australia would most likely meet Italy or USA, would be the last stop for the Socceroos if they survived the group stage.
The World Cup heavyweights will have found their feet by then and experience will be a telling factor in who progresses through the knockout stages, de Oliveira said.
In the country to promote Brazil-Australia relations through football, four-time Brazilian championship-winner de Oliveira did not rule out bringing his coaching talents Down Under in the future.
When asked if he was interested in replacing outgoing Australia coach Guus Hiddink, de Oliveira revealed he had been approached by A-League champion Sydney FC to be its inaugural coach.
"Last year Sydney FC [approached me] to bring me here but we didn't grow in our negotiations but I hope in the future I have a chance to come," he said.
Old June 13, 2006, 12:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Cricket
Hmmmm let me see...

"Australia destroys lichtenstein "

Of course not!
oh c'mon give me a break....let a fan cherish his moment...

afterall you dont get these ecstatic feelings when bangladesh plays cricket (or any sport for that matter)...which is why i switiched forum ages ago...
Old June 13, 2006, 12:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

I know mate! I was joking!

Only 5 days until we're all brought back down to earth!

Let's just enjoy it while we still can.
Old June 13, 2006, 05:18 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
first of all, who are you to tell me what to do nad what not to do???

dude..i got my own heads, nd i choose my words..not you....

you dont know a crap about me..so dont act like mummy to me.....

jap maybe degoratory to you, but to me its not....lots of ppl here in australia use jap....they got nothing against japs.....besides, wtf do u care about what terminology i use?? you should mind your own business coz none of my comments are directed at you...

and as for my reference to 'sex'...welcome to 21st century...when you go to the movie and the movie has some sex scene, do u go nd complain to the manager of the theatre??? i dont give a d!mn about narrow minded ppl like you....or what you think....

so dont bother writing back to me coz i am not gonna read it...

You need to take your medicine on time you little immature child.

Don't get so over-excited at my suggestion, it is for your own good. You don't give a very good impression anyway, not that I am interested to know who you are because you already gave a clear picture of your character. By saying a lot people in Australia use the word 'Jap' to describe Japanese people just proved my point. You like to follow the crowd, feel overproud and think whatever most people at your locality thinks is right. Get over yourself.

Lastly, why do I care? I care because this is a G-Rated forum that represents the harmony of many open-minded Bangladeshi cricket fans and foreign supporters, but individuals like you ruin this for everyone. So learn to respect the rules and show courtesy to people who do give a damn about the environment here. This is not the movies, yet another lame analogy from you.

I don't care whether you've read this or not, I'm least intested in your rant.
Old June 14, 2006, 01:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default hi

I think this was a great match considering what happened in the last 6 or 8 minutes. But the japanese were unlucky not to hold them for a few minutes as soceroos were defeated by the same marjin 1-0 in their last meeting. After the 1st goal, the Japanese just broke down and were desperate to score another to gain full points. This lead them to the downfall and the soceroos took the full advantage.

Another thing should come here is that Soceroos were a bit physical. If you look at what brasil think about them, they told that soceroos were targetting ankles and being physical. But its true as well that they're the better team at that day.

Against brasil, not sure how they will perform though. There is no wonder that Brasil is rich in football and they are the best in this business. About the soceroos, they hardly have any recent history and their ability is unknown. Well they beat Uruguay in the play off. They beat Japan - the best of the asian football . Now lets see if they can match the latin and european football or not. Well some may argue that their players are in most of the european teams but its true as well that some of the best japanese players play in the european teams as well. Although they beat England in England but that was probably a friendly match. There is a huge difference between a friendly and world cup match. So lets wait and see..!

For Australia

+They have quality players like viduka, kewel, cahill
+They beat Uruguay, England, Japan as their best performance

-They qualified for the first time in 32 years (fortunately with a penalty shootout)
Old June 14, 2006, 03:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
i know u werent talkin bout me.. im takin it easy... lol..

funny thing is im a die hard supporter of Brazil... i am and has always been..
but as i live in australia now.. id go for the socceroos or for australia any day with any team...well...except... yap u guessed it right...Bangladesh...

plus this is the first time im living in a country who is participating in the world cup football... ( aus missed out in 2002 )... so u can understand my blind support behind that team...

but at the end of the day..knowing the socceroos can only go so far...
my ultimate fav team still remains Brazil... cant change that man..it comes straight fm the heart... lol..

but loving these mini fights among us Bangladeshis over other countries.. hehe
thats the true spirit of the world cup...

only imagine what cud have happened if we were ever to reach the wc...

cheers !!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 14, 2006, 10:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
You need to take your medicine on time you little immature child.

Don't get so over-excited at my suggestion, it is for your own good. You don't give a very good impression anyway, not that I am interested to know who you are because you already gave a clear picture of your character. By saying a lot people in Australia use the word 'Jap' to describe Japanese people just proved my point. You like to follow the crowd, feel overproud and think whatever most people at your locality thinks is right. Get over yourself.

Lastly, why do I care? I care because this is a G-Rated forum that represents the harmony of many open-minded Bangladeshi cricket fans and foreign supporters, but individuals like you ruin this for everyone. So learn to respect the rules and show courtesy to people who do give a damn about the environment here. This is not the movies, yet another lame analogy from you.

I don't care whether you've read this or not, I'm least intested in your rant.
ya and because you least interested in my rants, you had to come up nd post a reply...hahahaha

and you say i follow the crowd??? ya the crowd was saying japs are gonna win the match....i said otherwise......does that make me look like sum1 following the crowd???

well, i dont blame you.....your nick describes your nature....

your above post dont make the slightest sense...first you tell me i need to take my medicine nd give me suggestions nd then tell me u dont care about me...

u gave me your lousy suggestions....let me give u a one thats more meaningful...

b4 you go chasing someone over the net about good behaviour, think 2wice...coz not only that person is gonna follow you, he is gonna fight back on equal terms....

And do stop pretending to be a respected citizen while at the same time u are behind half the arguements that takes place in this forum...

be good....coz ur life is already wasted..
Old June 14, 2006, 01:29 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Wow you are so full of yourself aren't you? Are you really that dumb or are you suffering from dyslexia, because you need help.

I said you follow the crowd because you implied lots of people in Australia call Japanese people 'Japs' and as if that makes it right for you to do so, despite the fact this word is considered extremely offensive and is adviced to refrain from using. How hard is that for your puny brain to comprehend?

Don't tell me what to do when I make a better argument than you, this forum is not your daddy's property for you to be telling me which argument I can or can't be on. It's easy for you to be in denial than realise how pathetic you sound. Read yourself out loud and learn to accept where you are wrong. That's a valuable advice free of charge.
Old June 14, 2006, 02:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

nothing to say to a blind supporter!!!!

I feel like that before every bd cricket match...

All the aussis where standing through out the day they got life after the two chgs... and was lucky to get the 1st goal which opened up for the next 2....
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 15, 2006, 03:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Wow you are so full of yourself aren't you? Are you really that dumb or are you suffering from dyslexia, because you need help.

I said you follow the crowd because you implied lots of people in Australia call Japanese people 'Japs' and as if that makes it right for you to do so, despite the fact this word is considered extremely offensive and is adviced to refrain from using. How hard is that for your puny brain to comprehend?
Quote:
Don't tell me what to do when I make a better argument than you, this forum is not your daddy's property for you to be telling me which argument I can or can't be on. It's easy for you to be in denial than realise how pathetic you sound. Read yourself out loud and learn to accept where you are wrong. That's a valuable advice free of charge.
both you and i know when majority of people uses a term, its ceases to be a "slang"...thats how the word aussies short for "australian" is not offensive but "jap" which is short for "japanese" is considered offensive (in your ideal world, not mine)....i dont know where you are from, but different teminology has different meanings in different places....what offensive to you may not be offensive to me.....by now you shud have known that, unless you are some 13 year old punk trying to act like a 30 year old bura dhamra...

and btw, if you havent realise that this forum or the website in general isnt your daddy's property aswell...so dont start teaching me table manners when its clearly not in your place to do so, or give me worthless advices which you never practice yourself.....

still having trouble comprehending my lines?? let me put it in bold so maybe your blind eye can read out for christ's sake..

KEEP YOUR ADVICE TO YOUR SELF..AND CUT YOUR DADAGIRI CRAP....COZ NOT ONLY IT DOENST SUIT YOU, IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A JOKER THAT CRACKS LAME JOKES

you started this whole fight...so dont give me "this is your dad's property".....i dont care if its my daddy's or not..but i can still fight back with same defiance against ppl like you...

Last edited by tiger_man; June 15, 2006 at 09:59 AM..
Old June 15, 2006, 04:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
and your rant on aussies being convicts doesnt concern me as well....i am no aussie national, i live here, study here, work here but dont belong here..
I thought u are aussie national as you mentioned WE TAUGHT EM........
It's good to be a diehard supporter and you think yo are a part of them....but have you ever thought does any australian thinks you as a part of them??? I guess where ever you go they will still call you the dark-skinned bangladeshi...so if i were you as diehard australian supporter i would have started the topic like this..
"Australia nails japs..Aussie taught them karate the kangaroo way"
Old June 15, 2006, 05:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
I thought u are aussie national as you mentioned WE TAUGHT EM........
It's good to be a diehard supporter and you think yo are a part of them....but have you ever thought does any australian thinks you as a part of them??? I guess where ever you go they will still call you the dark-skinned bangladeshi...so if i were you as diehard australian supporter i would have started the topic like this..
"Australia nails japs..Aussie taught them karate the kangaroo way"
thanks for your kind concern...

No i am not an australian citizen, but i am an aussie supporter. a support that came within me by watching socceroos failing to qualify 2002 WC and then sucessfully beat the same team in 2005 qualifier...

when i said "we taught em karate..." i meant we as in aussie fan....not as australian passport holder.....soccer has little or nothing to do with nationality documents and birth certificats...

i dont have to be a aussie to be a aussie supporter.....banglaesh didnt qualify for this world cup, yet ppl in this forum take side of other countries, i bet none of them have brazilian passport or were born there, yet many here takes brazils side....that includes me aswell...

and as for what ppl think of me...dark skinned bangladeshi...well i am proud to be one...thats how God created me.....and thats how i intend to stay.....you too are one if u didnt realise by now....

nd btw, ppl here dont give much damn about your colour of skin.....australia is not as racist as you think......nd why does it matter?? when i see a caucasian, i think in the same line "white skinned aussie"...no big deal there....
Old June 15, 2006, 08:42 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Tiger_man, there's a lot of flaws in your argument that I'm going to set straight.Unfortunately I'm writing this with my mobile phone as my home internet is temporarily defunct, but do expect a response in sooner or later.
Old June 15, 2006, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Tiger_man, there's a lot of flaws in your argument that I'm going to set straight.Unfortunately I'm writing this with my mobile phone as my home internet is temporarily defunct, but do expect a response in sooner or later.
Give the kid a break.
Old June 15, 2006, 09:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

ya sure bring it on...

cant wait to hear from you....
Old June 15, 2006, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Tiger_man
I'm aware of my skin color and hence i support the team who are not white.Im not racist i just support the poor african nations not the snobbish westerner footballers. And i don't argue with my countryman for another third country to show my superiority.
No offence but i don't know why i'm feeling the way you talk is so unconventional. I doubt you can make any new friends.
Anyway, good luck for "your" match against Brazil.

Last edited by sunny747; June 15, 2006 at 03:59 PM..
Old June 15, 2006, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

kau bujte na chaile.... !!!
Old June 15, 2006, 02:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

There is nothing wrong to support Australia or England. But there is everything wrong to be arrogant and disrespectful. Racial comments should not be part of a discussion forum. Charecters are judged not only how people react when they lose but also how they react when they win. Graceful fans are cherished everywhere. I seek Mods assistance. This thread is going towards the wrong direction.
Old June 15, 2006, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

tiger_man and his beloved Shackle Draggers {(literally translating into deported British convicts, this is highly pejorative)} will face Macaquitos - {(little monkeys) used in Argentina and Chile. It is the most offensive of all}.

Offensive_terms_per_nationality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensi...er_nationality
Old June 16, 2006, 02:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
Tiger_man
I'm aware of my skin color and hence i support the team who are not white.Im not racist i just support the poor african nations not the snobbish westerner footballers. And i don't argue with my countryman for another third country to show my superiority.
No offence but i don't know why i'm feeling the way you talk is so unconventional. I doubt you can make any new friends.
Anyway, good luck for "your" match against Brazil.
oh mate..you have no idea how big my circle of friends are.....but i dont want to bore you with those details....so lets keep our conversation on soccer shall we??

btw, i wasnt calling you racist...you pointed out why shud i go for australia when i am not a national of this country nd in your view where ever you go they will still call you the dark-skinned bangladeshi..., i on the otherhand pointed out that my nationality or skin colour doenst restrict me to support australia...coz soccer has nothing to do with ones nationality....there are lots of dark skinned ppl here if you wanna start counting....samoans, tongans, fijians, indians, sri lankans...etc.

dude i have lived here for more than 6 years and no one has called me dark-skinned bangladeshi, as far as my memory goes...

you wanna go on supporting ill-paid african footballers against multi-millionaire european footballers....thats your choice...going otherwise wont make you or anyone racist...

ya i dont deny that my way of talking was unconventional....but you cant deny that many members here made a huge joke out of my claim that australia has the potential to beat japan......i dunno about you but that to me is not only attack against what i strongly believed in, but also "unconventional"...

and no need to wish me luck aginst the match against brazil....while i hope a victory will help australia here more than brazil, if the result goes otherwise...i am happy none the less.

Last edited by tiger_man; June 16, 2006 at 02:31 AM..