facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old June 27, 2006, 05:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Magnet in the bar post?

This is the 4th world cup that i'm enjoying and the most entertaining i believe. I have noticed players failing to score goals by mere mergin coz ball hitting the bar post quite often. Almost every match i see this thing happening, such misfortunate for the team. According to my close friend, they must have put ball-magnet inside the bar post. Does anybody know how many balls has been hit in the bar post in this world cup so far?

Old June 27, 2006, 07:42 AM
Test Cricketer

I got couple of questions for your friend. Here they follow:

1) Since when did magnet start to attract rubber ball?
2) Whose side are magnetic posts (if they at all exist) supposed to favour?
3) What about if the magnetic pole affects the team its meant to favour in the second half?

Finally, why need magnetic poles when you can get the [edit] refs to do the job for you? IMO, the refs caused more upsets than 1000 magnetic poles put togather.

Notes:

tiger_man, I'm getting tired of your deliverate use of strong words over and over again. I already stopped counting the number of times I had to moderate your post. You really stretching my patience. Don't be surprised if you see you can't post here someday.
- chinaman

Last edited by chinaman; June 27, 2006 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: mod.content. See notes above.
Old June 27, 2006, 01:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Tiger_man......magnet in the bar post was just a joke man.......it was the act of his frustation and thats how he made the barpost magnet phrase. I can't believe u actually thought it is for real?
[edit]

Last edited by chinaman; June 27, 2006 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: mod.content. No need to create unnecessary pretense. Direct your reply to message not the messanger. Thanks.
Old June 27, 2006, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

actually there is a good chance of hitting post/bar. because most of the times strikers come in angle with goalkeeper and they have to choose either 1st (nearer) or the 2nd bar. thats the reason of hitting the bar often i think. if u take into account how many times the ball go out nearly missing the bar, i guess you will find it quite normal.