facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old June 28, 2006, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

We should seek advice of a psychic

Old June 28, 2006, 07:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
make sure you come back and visit this thread on saturday... I would definately want to hear something from you after Brazil crush France..... Zidane abbu ke dore kada chara kuno upay nei Babubangla bhai
If France Crush the Red Hot Favorite Brazil, What will you do? Don't take it so much serious----it is just an another game, nothing else.
Old June 29, 2006, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFanBD
If France Crush the Red Hot Favorite Brazil, What will you do? Don't take it so much serious----it is just an another game, nothing else.
lol... I wont do anything... I will go and watch semifinal and start supporting another team... maybe argentina if they can win against germany... they are my second fav... I know its just a game... I am just having fun here.... maybe you are getting too serious... no??
Old June 29, 2006, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

if brazil don't make it to semifinal i will be supporting france for next games cause Zidane is my one the most favourite footballer
Old June 29, 2006, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

France Vs Portugal would be a cracker semi final, but I want a final where youth of Argentina would meet the guile and experience of France. Go the blue teams. Hail to Argentina ; Hail to France.
Old June 29, 2006, 09:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
France Vs Portugal would be a cracker semi final, but I want a final where youth of Argentina would meet the guile and experience of France. Go the blue teams. Hail to Argentina ; Hail to France.
first you have to survive germany. they won't be as bad as serbia & montenegro and will be much better than mexico. tomorrow might be the day for the argentinain fans last match of this tournament
Old June 29, 2006, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Oh yeah? these are against Japan and Ghana, i will wait and see how they play wheb they face the big names in football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulw11
There is a lot of critisicm of Brazils performance yet they are able to get the results. If they are playing badly and can still get results like 4-1 and 3-0, just think what they will do to teams when they hit top gear.
Old June 29, 2006, 09:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Oh yeah? these are against Japan and Ghana, i will wait and see how they play wheb they face the big names in football.
ghana wasn't a bad team. they played really well in this tournament. and i don't believe japan was as bad was serbia & montenigro
Old June 29, 2006, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
first you have to survive germany. they won't be as bad as serbia & montenegro and will be much better than mexico. tomorrow might be the day for the argentinain fans last match of this tournament
Oh yea; Argentina is as weak as Costarica; Ecuador A, Poland and Sweden. Ivory Coast can beat any of those. and for your information S&M qualified directly from the group of Spain . So they are must be a bad team. Khik Khik
Remember 86, 98 the last two times Brazil met France in WC. We all know the result. Team of Brazil 86 could beat any day the team of Brazil 2006.
So hail the blues
Old June 29, 2006, 10:11 AM
Cricket Guru

argentina isn't weak as costarica but germany is stronger than mexico. and speaking of serbia, they were not that weak but they got splitted as 2 different countries just 2 weaks before worldcup and that could affect any team very badly.

and we have 2 days to find out what happens to those 4 teams. and i will be very happy if argentina beats germany, then everyone will have a fair chance of wining the cup and i really like to see argentina vs brazil in the final
Old June 29, 2006, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

brazil fans shouldnt get too cocky. the french team will win for sure inshallah
Old June 29, 2006, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
brazil fans shouldnt get too cocky. the french team will win for sure inshallah
Forum vorti shoto shoto brazil fan mukh var korey bosey thakbey--- vabtei kharap lagay. But what else can we do?

Old June 29, 2006, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
Forum vorti shoto shoto brazil fan mukh var korey bosey thakbey--- vabtei kharap lagay. But what else can we do?

Amar bhabte valoi lage. Good to see France returning to the winning track.
Old June 29, 2006, 03:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Oh yea; Argentina is as weak as Costarica; Ecuador A, Poland and Sweden. Ivory Coast can beat any of those. and for your information S&M qualified directly from the group of Spain . So they are must be a bad team. Khik Khik
Remember 86, 98 the last two times Brazil met France in WC. We all know the result. Team of Brazil 86 could beat any day the team of Brazil 2006.
So hail the blues
I agree that Brazil doesnt have good record against France.They were beaten last two matches . But, saying Brazil team of 86 is better than present 2006, is probably a bit too much. Greatest Brazilan team not to win the world cup was in 82. France had a much better team in 86 than now . They were European champ that time and Platini was the world footballer of the year two times. They were the hot favourite in 86 to win the worldcup. Brazil 86 team were great in playmaking. But two things lacked compared to present team. Even though, present brazilian defence isnt that great, but it is still much better than 86 and far far better than 82. For 20 years, that Brazil couldnt win the world cup, the main reason was not to have a good defence system. And, other thing that lacked in 86 was surely , having a great goal scorer. Even though, present brazil isnt playing any quality football, they are still scoring goals. And in the game of football, goal makes the champion. Zico wasnt fit in 86 and only played two matches as sub including that fateful match against France. Socratis were not in the best form. The best players were unlikely, Alemao and Careca (the most over rated player ever). Falcao was horribly out of form and spend almost entire worldcup in the Bench. Mueller was the worst brazilina striker I have ever seen and I will never forgive his miss against Argentina in 90. Defence.. pathetic Camacho and Maceda were simply awful. So Even though Brazil played beautiful game under Tele santana, due to above reasons, they never won. Contrary to those teams, the present team is much better in terms of efficiency. I persoanlly, think Ronaldo is a much better Scoring Machine than Zico or Careca. They may not play the mesmerising game of 82/86, they surely are much more resutl oriented than them. Persoanlly I would preffer a team that can give achieve goal than a team playing very beutiful but not been able to score what it matters.

In a head to head battle, present team will surely tear apart the team of 86, simply because the defence of Tomas, Camacho, Vicoor and Maceda will be looking like a fool against present attack of Ronaldo, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Kaka.
Old June 29, 2006, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

at least we will have more than 24 hrs to cheer than argentinain fans, they will definitly go home tomorrow
Old June 29, 2006, 06:52 PM
Test Cricketer

It seems that Fight has already begun between Brazilian, Argentina's and France's supporters. Where is Germany's supporter? Are they alive? Knock Knock! Is anybody at home?
Old July 1, 2006, 03:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

guys..this is not 98...this is 06...
wake up...
Jhore bok pore ar fokirer keramoti bare..
just because u beat brazil in in 98 doesnt mean u can beat again...

Brazil is way too good this yr...
France is not a problem..
im thinking of playing world cup 94 final rematch... Brazil V Italy
and again...

Brazil will be the champ!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 1, 2006, 03:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

go France! dont really care who wins WC as long as its and Europiean country. never like latin americans.
Old July 1, 2006, 08:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Although France had better world cup records against Brazil, I would still pick Brazil to overcome France. Unlike 98. they dont need to depend on Ronaldo only to score goals. Only if coach plays Ronaldo and Adriano togather. then there is a chance that France will win. On the other hand, Brazil is in better postion to have adriano as a sub. If ronaldo doesnt fire, then he can be replaced with an equally good striker at that central striker position. SO. unlike 98, France will not have the chance to relax abt the central forward postion. It will be full time bombering on their defence and full time engagement of their defenders to mark either ronaldo or adriano. Exciting!!
Old July 1, 2006, 09:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Brazils road to final is as clear as garden paths...the group matches were pissin easy.
Playing Ghana in quaters and France in quaters and england or portugal in semi..

Germany on the otherhand had it tough....Argentina then Italy next round.
Old July 1, 2006, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Brazil is out of the WC. Finish!
They lost to France 1-0
Brazil's road to final was not a garden path, rather it was full of thorns in the quarter final.
Old July 1, 2006, 04:33 PM
Cricket Guru

better team won today
Old July 1, 2006, 04:33 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

They played quite crap today. You can't win playing like that. They were simpley outplayed. France deserved to win today.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old July 1, 2006, 04:43 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I am going with France. Solid defence, better midfield, they only need to use their opportunities.

Come on Henry!!!
France proved my word, though after the exit of Argentina I was supporting Brazil today.
Old July 1, 2006, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
make sure you come back and visit this thread on saturday... I would definately want to hear something from you after Brazil crush France..... Zidane abbu ke dore kada chara kuno upay nei Babubangla bhai
I AM HERE.
Please come and join the celebration with me.