facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old July 13, 2006, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Don't forget Thieri Henri.

Old July 13, 2006, 03:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Before the World Cup I didn't even know who this Zidane guy is.

You're kidding...right?
Old July 13, 2006, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

king of head butt- zidane
King of Hand goal - Maradona..
No wonder why there r so many brazil fans.. fair play winners...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 13, 2006, 06:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
king of head butt- zidane
King of Hand goal - Maradona..
No wonder why there r so many brazil fans.. fair play winners...

kthxbye
Old July 13, 2006, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Before the World Cup I didn't even know who this Zidane guy is. Looks like he is another polarized figure in sports: either love him or hate him.... but no in between.

Bhayeera Amar ....Please continue bickering each other by showing uncompromising hate or love for him.. I love it.... I love it !!!!
Faizlami korar ar jaiga nai, na? Have you seen him playing 1998 WC? Euro 2000? Champions league? And then in this WC? What made pele or maradona great? They won the world, true. I will say Zidane won the world too. Did u see his skills? The art of deceiving the players? Just look at closely, then u will see.

I did have no chance to watch pele or maradona playing so Zidane is the best footballer to me. No doubt.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old July 13, 2006, 09:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
first off trash talking is a part of sports...however there is some stuff that should not be said. its fine for flintoff to call rafique a 'fish eating turd' and rafique to respond with 'call me that again, and i'll kick our arse till it turns from white to red to blue'...but there are some things that both guys could say to each other that would be over the top.

regardless of what was said Zidane did wrong. now, of course, my opinion of him has increased since that incident, but what he did was wrong.

now i dont know what was said, but if it was said to you can you gurantee that you would just walk away and finish the game. if not, then you shouldnt criticize Zidane beyond saying head butting is unjustifiably wrong.
if it were american football then trash talking and trash playing might have been acceptable, but to the 3 billion viewers of this great sport, this type of behaviour is pure abominational, and thus must be put to an end ...
Old July 14, 2006, 12:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Before the World Cup I didn't even know who this Zidane guy is. Looks like he is another polarized figure in sports: either love him or hate him.... but no in between.

Bhayeera Amar ....Please continue bickering each other by showing uncompromising hate or love for him.. I love it.... I love it !!!!
Probably you are not watching international football for long time since 1998....Otherwise there is no explanation about your comment (?) to myself.

If you want to just only humiliate a great player or want to hurt someone’s feelings you have the right to do that without mentioning any humpty dumpy.
Old July 14, 2006, 06:48 AM
Cricket Legend

He was clearly being sarcastic (not clear to all, apparently). Our Fazal Miyah is world famous in BC for his brand of humour
Old July 14, 2006, 10:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulw11

You're kidding...right?
No not kidding.... I really don't care much about soccer any more for a while. Too many sports to follow now a days (for me).... football, basketball, cricket, baseball, ice hockey.... lit bit of MLS.

As a matter of fact in the world cup, I wached 2 full game and half a dozen partial game including the final. I was fall asleep in the 2nd half. Only woke-up before the penalty shoot. Missed the head butting incident live.
Old July 14, 2006, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFanBD
Probably you are not watching international football for long time since 1998....Otherwise there is no explanation about your comment (?) to myself.
My comment has little to do with "how much I am watching international football". Its more based on whats going on in this thread (and some other threads) about the members divided into two groups: the lovers and the haters. And I am enjoying that.

take a deep breath ...drink a glass of ice cold water and reread my comments and then read this whole thread. I think, things will be much more clear including about my comments.

Last edited by Fazal; July 14, 2006 at 10:39 AM..
Old July 14, 2006, 10:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Faizlami korar ar jaiga nai, na? Have you seen him playing 1998 WC? Euro 2000? Champions league? And then in this WC? What made pele or maradona great? They won the world, true. I will say Zidane won the world too. Did u see his skills? The art of deceiving the players? Just look at closely, then u will see.

I did have no chance to watch pele or maradona playing so Zidane is the best footballer to me. No doubt.
Looks like Faizlami korar aroo Jaiga Ache....and you proved that... otherwise without wacthing Pele or Maradona how someone can declare Zidane is the best amoung the three?
Old July 16, 2006, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Perspectives on Zidane Head Butt

As seen by the Germans :

As seen by the French :

As seen by the Italians :

As seen by the Americans :

Last edited by cricket_pagol; July 16, 2006 at 12:29 AM..
Old July 16, 2006, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

As reported by the press :
Old July 16, 2006, 08:15 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

hahahahahaha.... lmfao... thanx cricket_pagol, these animations are great!
Old July 17, 2006, 12:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

ha ha ha. cricpagol.. some mad anime..
lmfao
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 7, 2006, 08:24 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol

thats funny did he aploligize????
Old August 7, 2006, 08:24 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol

thats funny did he aploligize????
Old August 7, 2006, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
a lot of what zidane said does not apply to a sportsman at the top level. while i do understand his sentiments rooting from his mother getting admitted to the hospital, he is a representative of his people and an idol to many, and he shouldn't have gone physical. I think he said something like "I am a man first...and there are things that I can't control myself after hearing...I'd rather take a blow in the face than hear something like that..." arey baap etoi jodi kharap kisu bole thake taile why dont you tell us what he said already? and besides, why does he care what someone else has to say about his family? it doesn't seem like matterazi's comments were anything that footballers don't have to swallow everyday on the pitch...and by not apologising, both of them are setting bad examples.
I cant agree on the fact that he shouldnt have gone physical. Its easy for you to say that watching the game from your couch and say "Hey, why did you have to mess up the game"

I already feel intense hatred and anger against matarazzi for what he said. Lets cut the sportsman/gentleman ethics crap for once. A headbutt doesnt consolidate what Matarazzi did, I hope some mullah declares fatwa on him like they did on Rushdie so he never shows his face in world football again.
Old August 7, 2006, 10:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
Managing anger is a virtue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolf_hitler
I cant agree on the fact that he shouldnt have gone physical. Its easy for you to say that watching the game from your couch and say "Hey, why did you have to mess up the game"

I already feel intense hatred and anger against matarazzi for what he said. Lets cut the sportsman/gentleman ethics crap for once. A headbutt doesnt consolidate what Matarazzi did, I hope some mullah declares fatwa on him like they did on Rushdie so he never shows his face in world football again.
There is a time and a place for retaliation but unfortunately the Olympiastadion on July 10th was not it. Had Zidane chosen to withold his emotions Matarazzi would have faced much sterner consequences as a result of the subsequent FIFA Investigations. Zidane couldn't do so because he was weak. This issue has been argued to it's death. Most people have moved on. Frankly, the extremist views you are taking on some matters is quite disturbing. Easy now, don't kill me.

Last edited by Mr-Cricket; August 8, 2006 at 12:27 AM..