facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 1, 2009, 12:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Same squad as expected. I will tinker with the line-up though. Its time to send a message to Zunaid. I would play him, but hand the opening job to someone else, maybe to Rahim ( to redeem himself ) or Naeem ( to see what he has to give with the bat ). 3,4,5 -unchanged. Zunaid will get demoted in the line -up and come at no.6 to close out if needed. Hopefully, we won't need him to bat. He will field, and field all day, instead of getting a break from the game and relax with his legs up on a chair. Worse than his lack of production is the manner he has been getting out. For someone who gets out more often than anybody in the line-up after getting set is simply unacceptable. Very important for him to realize this.
The idea/strategy is not that bad. Big Z needs to realize and he also will suffer complexity next match as expectation rose and his confidence level diminished due to bad performances last couple of matches. Rahim or Naeem can be tried.

Fielding and Wicket keeping got to be improved, I have a feeling that Zimb will come hard at us this time. Sakib needs to play a captain's knock to ensure nothing goes against us.

Old November 1, 2009, 02:30 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

all I want to see in the next match is another series win against Zim!! Go Tigers

nice thread auntu
Old November 1, 2009, 03:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

This game starts at 9:30 PM Eastern time. Nice time to watch a game.
Old November 1, 2009, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
This game starts at 9:30 PM Eastern time. Nice time to watch a game.
Sounds like 10:30 p.m. to me, going by the BC countdown and end of DST.
Old November 1, 2009, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's 10:30 EST
Old November 1, 2009, 05:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Sounds like 10:30 p.m. to me, going by the BC countdown and end of DST.
yes you are right. My bad. I thought the game will start at 9:30 AM BD time which is 9:30 PM EST..
Old November 1, 2009, 07:06 PM
Cricket Guru

dam... i thought the match was gonna be today! lol. Good luck to Bangladesh and awesome thread Auntu Bhaiya smiley gulo onek shundor. xD
Old November 1, 2009, 07:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I guess this will be the series winning game for us. The 3rd ODI was somewhat disappointing. The reason we won was because Zimbabuwe was not upto their standard. Pretty poor performance from them. We were a little better team, couple of us played a little better than then and we won. Batting was a disaster (except TI and MA) and we cannot go and face any of the big teams with this kind of batting performance.
Old November 1, 2009, 09:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
I was thinking along similar lines the other day when I suggested that Naeem needs to be put at no.3 instead of Ash until Ash figures out his current form or rather the lack of.

Any one who has been watching Ash over the years must have noticed a sudden change in Ash. He was the player that could ALWAYS connect rite from the word go! His problem always used to be stupid strokes. More recently though, he has not been connecting bat to ball. He is swatting for flies outside his off stump. A real sad sight for me at least.

I think he needs a break because the international stage is not the place for a player to find form back (Even though our local matches are utter cr*p half the time; Good to know that it is getting more competitive of late though). If he is not given a break he could also be batting in place of Naeem for a while. That could work in both ways.

Lets see what decision our team takes though. It will be interesting how they solve this puzzle 'coz clearly Riyad and Naeem both do not fit in that line-up.
playing at #3 requirs a good eye 4 da ball and good judgement..especialy in the fast pitches..ash lacks da latter..but he can see through da best deliveries of the best bowlers more than anyone in da team..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 1, 2009, 10:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

If we bat first we need to pile up enough to initiate a collapse later.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 2, 2009, 02:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
মৃদু ঢেউ নুড়ি পাথরের উপর আছড়ে পড়ছিলো। সকালের এই সময়টা সাগর পাড়ের এই দিকটা এমনিতেই নির্জন থাকে। গোপাল সূর্যের দিকে তাকিয়ে সময় ঠাহর করে নেয়, ন'টা প্রায় বাজতে চললো। গোপাল দ্রুত হাত চালায়। তাড়াতাড়ি সগরিকার দিকে যেতে হবে। আজ তামিম দাদার ব্যাটিং আছে।

মন্টু মুখ ব্যাদান করে সম্পাদ্যে মন দিলো। সামনে টেবিলের উপর রোমশ দুই হাত রেখে পা নাচাচ্ছে তালেব মাষ্টার, অংকের কঠিন শিক্ষক। আজ সম্পাদ্য ২, ৫,৭ এই তিনটি না করা পর্যন্ত মন্টুর ছাড় নেই। হঠাৎ আশে-পাশের বাসা হতে তীব্র উল্লাস ধ্বনি ভেসে এলো। মন্টুর গলায় যেন দলা পাকিয়ে কি যেনো উঠলো, বাষ্পরুদ্ধ চোখে আশা বেদনার দোলাচলে দুলে মনে হলো,"এই বুঝি আশরাফুল ছক্কা হাকালো"।

দেয়াল ঘড়ির দিকে তখন থেকেই বার-বার চোখ বুলিয়ে আসছিলেন। দেড়টা প্রায় বাজতে চললো স্কুল ফেরতা নাতনির দেখা নেই। রহমান সাহেব ঈষৎ দুঃশ্চিন্তায় পড়ে গেলেন আর আধা ঘন্টা পরে বাংলাদেশের ব্যাটিং শুরু হবে নাতনি সামিরা ছাড়া দেখবেন কেমন করে!

ব্যাস্ত অফিসে অথবা ক্লাশের ফাকে কিংবা বাসায় ডিউটি/পড়ার অবসরে অথবা অখন্ড অবসরে লন্ডন হয়তোবা কানেক্টিকাটে দোহার মরু প্রান্তরে অথবা সান ডিয়েগোর সুরম্য ভবনে নিউইয়র্কের হাসপাতালে ঢাকার কোনো ঘরের কোনে এক ভালোবাসায় এক অমোঘ টানে কিবোর্ড মনিটরে কিংবা ল্যাপটপ মডেমে হাজারো কিন্তু কোটি মানুষের ভালোবাসার শক্তিতে, বাংলাক্রিকেট ডটকমের ম্যাচ সুতার পরতে পরতে স্বাগতম সবাইকে। বিজয় আসুক অনাবিল আনন্দের ধারা হয়ে।
Hahaha! To what do I deserve this honor!

Anyways, the whole post is very classic. You have good hand in writing...nice and innovative thread design strategy. Hopefully it will be a lucky charm to a mammoth piling of score if BD bats first.

:-)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; November 2, 2009 at 02:17 AM..
Old November 2, 2009, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Good opening of the thread. Good Luck to both the teams. Thukku: Only Bangladesh.
Old November 2, 2009, 03:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Thanks Noc bhai, Antora and Zeeshan

Since it's going to be a day match morning dews are gonna play a huge role in the first half and hour. If Bangladesh bowl first I hope Nazmul will put the deliveries in the right spot. What is the trend of this stadium's pitch? Slow low or even bounces?

Looking for the first time 300+ innings of the series.
Old November 2, 2009, 06:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Has anyone noticed this ?? Riyad was telling Taylor to shut his mouth when Taylor tried to distract riyadh while Bangladesh was cruising to victory in the 3rd ODI.

Riyadh: "You made only 2 runs, so shut your mouth" !! lolzzzzz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijmuuEidMSA

Old November 2, 2009, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
Has anyone noticed this ?? Riyad was telling Taylor to shut his mouth when Taylor tried to distract riyadh while Bangladesh was cruising to victory in the 3rd ODI.

hahahahhahahah lol
Old November 2, 2009, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

The pitch here might be different, but BD has to win this game to win the series, I am always rooting for them, I think this is the last international series for them for the year.
Old November 2, 2009, 07:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:

love it! but he needs to back up his words with performance.
Old November 2, 2009, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Old November 2, 2009, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

কি নিয়ে তামিম চিন্তিত?
Old November 2, 2009, 09:37 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Default আরো নিশ্চিন্ত হওয়ার চেষ্টায় আশরাফুল

Interesting...
Quote:
আরো নিশ্চিন্ত হওয়ার চেষ্টায় আশরাফুল
Quote:

পুরো সেশনটাই বোলিং নিয়ে ব্যস্ত থাকলেন মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল। নেটে ওভারের পর ওভার অফ স্পিন করলেন। হঠাৎ দেখলে কেউ ভাবতে পারেন ব্যাটিং ছেড়ে আশরাফুল বোধহয় পুরোদস্তুর বোলার হতে চান। কিন্তু বাংলাদেশের সাবেক অধিনায়কের কাছে দুটোই এখন গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। এখন যে অলরাউন্ডার হওয়ার জন্য মরিয়া মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল! এ ইচ্ছের কথা লুকোনওনি তিনি, কারণ জানাতে গিয়ে বললেন, "ব্যাটিং-বোলিং দুটোতেই সমান দক্ষ হলে একাদশে থাকার সুযোগ বেশি। এখন তো ব্যাটসম্যানদের বাড়তি কিছু থাকতেই হয়। এক জায়গায় ব্যর্থ হলে অন্য জায়গায় পুষিয়ে দেয়া যায়। তাই আমি চেষ্টা করছি বোলিংয়ে ভালো করতে।"

এরই মধ্যে ১৫০টি ওয়ানডে খেলে ফেলেছেন মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল। বাংলাদেশের বেশ কিছু স্মরণীয় জয়ের নায়ক তিনি। তারপরও কি এ মুহুর্তে দলে নিজের অবস্থানকে নড়বড়ে ভাবছেন?

কোচ জেমি সিডন্সের কথায় সেরকম ইঙ্গিত না পাওয়া গেলেও হালে আশরাফুলের ব্যাটিংয়ে যে সমস্যা চোখে পড়ছে সে কথা উঠে এলো ঠিকই, "আশরাফুলের ব্যাটিংয়ে কিছু সমস্যা আছে। ও পেছনের থেকে টেনে এনে ব্যাট করে না। ফলে বলের গতির সঙ্গে তাল মেলাতে পারে না। তাই মাঝেমাঝে অতি সাধারণ বলেও আউট হয়ে যায়।"

বিষয়টি নিয়ে আশরাফুেলর সঙ্গে কথা বলেছেন সিডন্স। সে অনুযায়ী ব্যাটিং নিয়ে আশরাফুল কাজও শুরু করে দিয়েছেন। বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকমকে রোববার সে কথাই বললেন,"হ্যাঁ, আমি ব্যাট নিচে রেখেই খেলার চেষ্টা করি। এ ভুলটা আগে কোনো কোচই ধরিয়ে দেননি। জিমি (জেমি সিডন্স) বিশেষব যত� সহকারে ব্যাটিং স্টাইল পরিবর্তনের কাজে সাহায্য করছেন। আশা করি সবকিছু ঠিক হয়ে যাবে।"

জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে গত ম্যাচে ৬৩ রানের চমৎকার এক ইনিংস খেলেছিলেন। সেটা ছাড়াও স�প্রতি কয়েকটি ইনিংসে তাকে একটু ধৈর্যশীল মনে হয়েছে, আশরাফুল নিজেও মানলে সে কথা,"আগে শুরু থেকেই মেরে খেলতাম। এখন চেষ্টা করছি শুরুতে ধরে খেলে পরে রান তুলতে। এই পরিবর্তন দেখে দর্শকরা গ্যালারি থেকে নানা কথা বলেন। কিন্তু সে চাপ নিয়েই নিজেকে স্থির রাখতে হচ্ছে (ব্যাটিংয়ে) ধারাবাহিক হওয়ার জন্য।"

source: BDnews24
Old November 2, 2009, 10:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bismillah.
Old November 2, 2009, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
I want too see Junaid giving room for Imrul or another opener. I want this because Junaid will be our long-term opening partner for Tamim so lets see how some other people do. I like the prospect of trying Dolar. I think we can also re-try Mushfiq at opening as he will most likely do good and bat through. I definitely expect Tamim to go the distance once more as do I for Ash. The pace bowling woes continue. I liked how the management was man enough to come in with 1 pacer for the 3rd ODI. According to Chittagong pitch, I think we should try with Nazmul and Shahadat and Razzak. If the pitch looks bad for pace, bring in Enamul for Nazmul/Shahadat.
All experiment should be done after the series is sealed. Agree or disagree?
Old November 2, 2009, 10:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
All experiment should be done after the series is sealed. Agree or disagree?
Agree....very important match ...Batsmen (atleast two of them have to score big) have to play a major role ...Ctg might be batting friendly pitch..
Old November 2, 2009, 10:52 AM
Cricket Sage

In this series I just hope the following:

1. Once Set, Tamim go for the century with caution.

2. Consider this ODI as a career survival innings. Its getting harder and harder to justify his inclusion in ODI.

3. Ash selects less risky shots to hit a ball and continue to concentrate on building an innings first. With his skill, he don't need to hack a ball to maintain a healthy RR.

4. I hope Rakibul play the anchor role again, atleast at the begining of his innings.

5. I hope Sakib use Nazmul more and set Naeem's role and expectation and let him play accordingly.

6. I hope Ryiad prevent any more slippage in this series and continue to grow as he did in last couple of years and surpised a few including myself.

7. I hope Rahim understand that, wicket keeping is his primary role, batting is a plus. He is such a disapointment as wicket keeper. May be its time for him to think about giving up WC and concentrate more as specialized batsman. I think there is his strength.

8. I feel Naeem is confused about his role and expectation from him. And I blame to the management for that. If Naeem bats at #8, that means, he needs to bowl more and often. Looks like they used him as a #7th bowler behind Ashraful. Sakib need to set up Naeem's role and let him be successful or failure. Right now I don't know what's is his real role in the team. A bowling all-rounder? a batting all-rounder? a specialized bowlers? a future specialized batsman? Who knows. And may be thats why a confused Naeem is going nowhere.

9. I hope more confident Enamul shows his worth in a team, specially when we play at home.

10. I hope Razzak come back as a slogging batsman also, the way he used to be a year ago.

11. Nazmul is a specialized bowler and only FB in the team and he was bowling pretty good in 3rd ODI. We underused him in 3rd ODI. Who knows, we may just missed the opportunity to see getting his 5th wicket in 3rd ODI. I hope, if he play like last ODI, we use him more.

Last edited by Fazal; November 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM..
Old November 2, 2009, 11:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Pretty good Fazal. I will be hoping for the same things.