facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 14, 2011, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaig1
Suhrawadi Shuvo to Kervezee, OUT, no need of a replay this time, that attempt at breaking free, takes two steps down the crease, it is fired in even as he goes down on a knee to slog it over midwicket, the ball turned past the swipe, and Rahim completed the comfortable stumping, no problems at all
AN Kervezee st †Mushfiqur Rahim b Suhrawadi Shuvo 18 (24b 2x4 0x6) SR: 75.00
Rahim does the stumping, takes a couple of steps forward, gets close to the departing batsman and then screams/jeers right in his face. Kervezee was stunned at that reaction from the keeper, had a stern look at Rahim as he walked away. No need for that extreme reaction. Too much

And above is very mildly described in cricinfo. On TV it looked really really pathetic.
I was watching TV with office friends and really praising BD team and telling them how good the team is, filling them on BD team etc etc and this is what Mushfiq does to leave me red-faced.

Old March 14, 2011, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yes ... If i have to guess, I will give the exact same reason for Mushfiq's behavior. Giving a send-off is fine but while giving a send-off with your face half a feet away from batsmen shouting something is strictly pathetic. I have seen Zaheer Khan to Steyn to Mortaza giving send off's but never to such a low level. Even Harbhajan gives send off's but I can not recall him being so close to a batsmen's face. So yes, Harbhajan may have given 250 send off's but from a distance and hence never such a bad send off as given by Mushfiq today.

Most of the people are not getting the difference between being 2 meters away or 2 inches away from a batsmen.

And yes it is always a no issue if the miscreant is from your team.
Guys.. I see this as our players growing few pairs.. and I feel there is nothing wrong with that. I was wondering when Naeem was turned down by the umpire and how he went back and kicked in front of him was a bit "beyadobi"... but this only proves our players are growing in confidence.

We needs players who are self confident... sick of being nice guys.. remember.. "nice guys finish last"
Old March 14, 2011, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

congrats boys...guys what was the speed shaiful and rubel bowled at?
Old March 14, 2011, 11:15 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Zaheer Khan, Sachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Guys.. I see this as our players growing few pairs.. and I feel there is nothing wrong with that. I was wondering when Naeem was turned down by the umpire and how he went back and kicked in front of him was a bit "beyadobi"... but this only proves our players are growing in confidence.

We needs players who are self confident... sick of being nice guys.. remember.. "nice guys finish last"
Maybe wrong but I differ, I always feel that one should always let the bat or the ball do the talking. BD was playing Holland but if same action is done against SA or Australia it eggs them much more and more often than not the plan backfires. A good example is what happened to Dilshan in the match against Australia. Similarly Zaheer lost the plot in 2003 world cup finals after Hayden missed just one ball and Zaheer had a go against Hayden.
Old March 14, 2011, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Bowlers did very well. Rubel faded after his first 4 or 5 overs but overall very impressive. Shuvo was an excellent fielder - we took all our chances well. We batted a bit too slowly IMO, I'd have liked to have finished at least 5 overs earlier, but it doesn't matter. Kayes gets a deserved MotM, I would have chosen Razzak but his fielding was ****.
Old March 14, 2011, 12:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

I was disappointed with Mushy, there was no need for it and if I'm not mistaken he has done this before in a recent match (maybe against Zimbabwe), I think it was also off a stumping, can anyone back this up??
Old March 14, 2011, 01:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Congratulations to Shakib and co. But I was expecting a faster wrap up of the innings to boost the run rate up. Now, see if WI can beat England out of the tournament. Best of luck.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Maybe wrong but I differ, I always feel that one should always let the bat or the ball do the talking. BD was playing Holland but if same action is done against SA or Australia it eggs them much more and more often than not the plan backfires. A good example is what happened to Dilshan in the match against Australia. Similarly Zaheer lost the plot in 2003 world cup finals after Hayden missed just one ball and Zaheer had a go against Hayden.
Thats the difference between Sheep and Lion. A lion will always stand up... every chance they get.. in our case.. its about time Tigers grow out of being lil kitty...

Of course, with all due respect to your opinion.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:40 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Anyways, let us not make this too much of a big deal. I just felt that this was something that should have been discussed here and I am satisfied with divided opinion.

Subcontinent people are never a good sledgers and I do not see them becoming good sledgers in near future. English is not their primary language and most of the times when they try to sledge they sound rude and offensive. They in turn try to be aggressive by action (example being Harbhajan and Mushfiq today) and this results in more offensive and useless behavior and embarrassment to the team.
Sledging is an art, not well understood by the subcontinental teams. We would never perfect even the Shakespearean insults like, "Thou art as loathsome as a toad," or "Your brain is as dry as the remainder biscuit after voyage," or "Thy tongue outvenoms all the worms of Nile."

BTW, sledging has been perfected in the NBA, where it is called trash-talking. The player has to walk a fine line, because too much and the referee would issue a technical. Two technicals in a game and you are out.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Sledging is an art, not well understood by the subcontinental teams. We would never perfect even the Shakespearean insults like, "Thou art as loathsome as a toad," or "Your brain is as dry as the remainder biscuit after voyage," or "Thy tongue outvenoms all the worms of Nile."

BTW, sledging has been perfected in the NBA, where it is called trash-talking. The player has to walk a fine line, because too much and the referee would issue a technical. Two technicals in a game and you are out.

The trash talk in the NBA is lame... stare at a player after dunking on his sorry *** - technical.

David Stern trying to make the NBA palatable for the suburbs, despite all the players being from the inner city.

Now trash talk in the NFL - that's where it's at.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:11 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Zaheer Khan, Sachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Thats the difference between Sheep and Lion. A lion will always stand up... every chance they get.. in our case.. its about time Tigers grow out of being lil kitty...

Of course, with all due respect to your opinion.

There is no obvious end to this argument as we come from different school of thoughts and I can totally see your opinion and maybe eve I used to have your opinion 5-10 years back.

But what I feel is that the players are there to win the game for the country and not win personal battles or fight. If they score runs, they win the game and the battle. 99% of the time you will loose because of hot head. So, why do something which can cause harm to you and hence the team. Tigers will not be called tigers because they can sledge but Tigers will be called Tigers if they win the matches regularly. Actions of Mushfiq looks ok today because BD won. Everything looks good because BD won. If BD had lost most of you would be saying, Stupid Mushfiq ... cannot play but only sledge.

Also, our concept of Lion and sheep are different. As said in Lion King ...

Mufasa: I'm only brave when I have to be. Simba, being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble.

Lion will always stand up when in trouble but ... hopefully you get my point .. I can not explain more clearly...Sheep will run when in trouble which was never my point ...

I move away from this thread so that we do not digress further.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:11 PM
Cricket Legend

For all you know, Mushy might just have been shouting "Howzat!"
Old March 14, 2011, 03:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
There is no obvious end to this argument as we come from different school of thoughts and I can totally see your opinion and maybe eve I used to have your opinion 5-10 years back.

But what I feel is that the players are there to win the game for the country and not win personal battles or fight. If they score runs, they win the game and the battle. 99% of the time you will loose because of hot head. So, why do something which can cause harm to you and hence the team. Tigers will not be called tigers because they can sledge but Tigers will be called Tigers if they win the matches regularly. Actions of Mushfiq looks ok today because BD won. Everything looks good because BD won. If BD had lost most of you would be saying, Stupid Mushfiq ... cannot play but only sledge.

Also, our concept of Lion and sheep are different. As said in Lion King ...

Mufasa: I'm only brave when I have to be. Simba, being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble.

Lion will always stand up when in trouble but ... hopefully you get my point .. I can not explain more clearly...Sheep will run when in trouble which was never my point ...

I move away from this thread so that we do not digress further.

Fair call. I still think Mushy cant play and just barking. But still, it is just good to see boys showing some guts. What Mushy did today, he did it to get into Netherland boys head. This can prompt them to play silly shots. Many great cricketers said, cricket is mostly mind game.

you and I donno what happened before he gave him a send off. Maybe when BD lost to them last year, he was given a send off and he is just returning the sweet revenge.
Old March 14, 2011, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Did you notice: Mushfiq was the first right hand batsmen today and I think that helped him to hit the 4 and 6 against the off break balls of Cooper, where it was tough for left handers to play off spin
Old March 14, 2011, 05:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

^ I agree. Ashraful should be included in the squad for SA for that reason, if nothing else
Old March 14, 2011, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I feel that Mushy is growing up. Still, this team is not playing to their potential. They should have wrapped up the game sooner. Must praise the Neds for tight field placements which made BD work hard for their runs. Still, a win is a win. BD has to wait and see what will happen to the WI/Eng. match which I predict England will win, unless the Windians play badly, but they are a better playing unit now.
Old March 15, 2011, 07:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
For all you know, Mushy might just have been shouting "Howzat!"
Or just saying "Miaaaaa Bhaiiiiiii Balo aso ni"