facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 10, 2017, 06:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
America akta dhomok marlei hoito. Shoja hoiye jaito. Keu amader shahajjo kortesena
They have the backing of China, India and Pakistan.

Myanmar wouldn't have dared to carry our such a genocide against Rohingyas if they didn't have the backing of superpowers like China or India.

Old September 10, 2017, 06:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh is in a tricky situation right now. If it tries to arm the Rohingya separatists it will be considered as an act of war by Myanmar and they might wage an war against us. It's needless to say that as far as military power is concerned we r no match for Myanmar. They will just crush us

Especially if we consider the fact that both India and China will remain neutral or probably support Myanmar if a war really breaks out between Bangladesh and Myanmar.
Old September 10, 2017, 06:48 PM
Test Cricketer

We can do only two things right now.

1. First option is Giving citizenship to all the Rohingya refugees and helping them as much as possible to integrate into our society.

Problem is it will encourage the Myanmar army even more and they will carry out similar atrocity in future and will continue to do so until they push the last Rohingya to Bangladesh.

2. Second option is closing all of our borders with Myanmar, push all the Rohingyas back to Myanmar and watch them getting slaughtered and burned alive from this side of the border.

Looks like for now Bangladesh is thinking about the second option. Not so sure what should I actually make out of it. It's a cowardice and inhumane act, that's for sure.
Old September 10, 2017, 07:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

USA, will support BD if an war breaks out, but it not be much use, as they are already concerned with the crisis in the Korean Peninsula
Old September 10, 2017, 08:01 PM
Cricket Guru

US and India will support the opposite of whomever China supports
Old September 11, 2017, 02:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I doubt full out war will break out although many innocent poor lives will be lost.

I think apart from India all of Bangladesh's economic partners like China or USA will not want a war despite what they say in the papers.
Old September 11, 2017, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I doubt full out war will break out although many innocent poor lives will be lost.

I think apart from India all of Bangladesh's economic partners like China or USA will not want a war despite what they say in the papers.
What papers?, all these notions of between the two nations are from armchair politician who post clickbait titles on youtube.
Old September 11, 2017, 03:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

LOL, what? Why would India want a war between Bangladesh and Myanmar? What would India gain from an unstable Bangladesh especially when Al is in power of Bangladesh who r pretty much pro Indian.

It's exactly the opposite. An unstable Bangladesh will harm India in so many ways and India definitely don't want it and never will.
Old September 11, 2017, 03:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
US and India will support the opposite of whomever China supports
Not always. India and China r on the same page regarding Myanmar. China has its port in Myanmar which is obviously quite important to them along with other important infrastructures that they have in Myanmar.

As for India, well, they certainly don't want to allow China to enjoy a full control over Myanmar. Besides this Myanmar is the only route through which India can get to east. Myanmar is considered as an important ally by India for many reasons and they have invested billions in Myanmar.
Old September 11, 2017, 03:52 AM
Cricket Legend

As much as the headlines it is making, the wider world at the moment will not care a tiny bit about the urgency in Myanmar. The threat of Nuclear war between NK, SK, Japan and the USA is too large a threat. Let the NK tensions calm, then we might see some dialogue.
Old September 11, 2017, 04:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
LOL, what? Why would India want a war between Bangladesh and Myanmar? What would India gain from an unstable Bangladesh especially when Al is in power of Bangladesh who r pretty much pro Indian.

It's exactly the opposite. An unstable Bangladesh will harm India in so many ways and India definitely don't want it and never will.
Why am I not surprised that this might be a "LOL" matter for you.

Here is what India gain from a war: Both Bangladesh and Burma army get weaker during the period. And we know what the trigger happy BSF get upto near Bangladesh' border. I am sure you turn a blind eye to that as I doubt they publish such things on the

War means India can take further economic opportunity from Bangladesh's losses.

Anyways I dont want to debate such issues with an Indian.
Old September 11, 2017, 04:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Why am I not surprised that this might be a "LOL" matter for you.

Here is what India gain from a war: Both Bangladesh and Burma army get weaker during the period. And we know what the trigger happy BSF get upto near Bangladesh' border. I am sure you turn a blind eye to that as I doubt they publish such things on the

War means India can take further economic opportunity from Bangladesh's losses.

Anyways I dont want to debate such issues with an Indian.
I m not Indian Bro

See, I never take sides. I just state what I believe is true. U r obviously entitled to disagree with me.

As I said previously India will never wish for an unstable Bangladesh for its very own security purpose. If Bangladesh somehow becomes unstable it will badly hurt India for obvious reasons.

The security of northwest part of Eastern India greatly depends upon Bangladesh. If Bangladesh somehow becomes unstable and different insurgent groups start taking refuge here then it will pose a huge security threat to India. India will never want that.

Also, Let's not forget that if anything happens to Bangladesh it will become a safe haven for different Islamic terrorist groups and we all know who or what will be their first target. India will never allow such things to happen.

A prosperous, stable Bangladesh will benefit India and they know it. They will never do things that might make BD unsettled for their very own benefit.
Old September 11, 2017, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Adamnsu and Eclipse

Settle your differences, the australian way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8kuoFGgj8s
Old September 11, 2017, 07:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
As much as the headlines it is making, the wider world at the moment will not care a tiny bit about the urgency in Myanmar. The threat of Nuclear war between NK, SK, Japan and the USA is too large a threat. Let the NK tensions calm, then we might see some dialogue.
Indeed. Myanmar has recently become an important player in world politics. It has already managed to gain support from two of the world's superpowers, it has a nobel laureate as its leader and most importantly its believed that it also has its own nuclear bomb.

Compared to them Bangladesh is almost a nobody in the world.

Half of the world doesn't even know that a country named Bangladesh exists. The world doesn't have time for this. Malaysian airline got lost, a few hundreds whites died and world's leaders were acting as if they were ready to spend half of their annual budget to find a single drowned plane.

Here thousands of humans r getting butcherd everyday but the world leaders haven't even bothered to put a sanction over Myanmar. Nobody cares if a few hundred thousand black, impoverished and malnourished Muslims die.
Old September 11, 2017, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

So now it's hitting the main stream news media!

Rohingya crisis: UN sees 'ethnic cleansing' in Myanmar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-41224108
Old September 11, 2017, 08:43 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
There is no threat of war let alone nuclear war between the countries mentioned. Just because the idiot media and imbeciles on social media have a hard on for war, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Iran is more likely to get bombed than North Korea. The North Korean regime are scum - but, they're the perfect of why so many 'despots' want Nukes - they guarantee your survival. If Gaddafi and Saddam had nukes - they wouldn't be dead today.

The reason the media doesn't give a damn about the Rohingya is 1st of all because they're muslim. Muslims don't have a lot of goodwill built up atm

Secondly, Suu Kyi has built up a persona and reputation over decades. Her many friends, well wishers across the western world aren't ready to throw the 'daughter of democracy' under the bus that easily.

Not to mention - the Burmese aren't outright slaughtering the Rohingya...a few hundred killed in the grand scheme of things, really isn't a big deal for the rest of the world. Hell, it wouldn't be a big deal for Bangladesh either, if not for hundreds of thousands of them streaming into our country.
Old September 11, 2017, 09:06 AM
Cricket Guru

There was a large prosession outside the Bd high comission this weekend. All short lived due to bad weather.

I suspect mostly BNP as there were loads of Anti Hasina posters.
Old September 11, 2017, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

So sad seeing young children with no arms and legs on BBC TV report.

Mothers losing their children and unable to find them.

How can such sick and evil human beings exist? FFS they are children's.
Old September 11, 2017, 06:07 PM
Cricket Guru

UN will make its move don't worry....once Bosnia 2.0 happens
Old September 12, 2017, 08:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

How do you react to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb...io&app=desktop

Prescilla Clapp, former US ambassador to Myanmar has backed the actions of the military claiming that the only terrorist attackes were commited by Rohingyas. She even goes far enough to claim that it is Rohingyas killing other Rohingyas, Buddhists and Myanmar Armed Forces. She denies military involvement in torching villages.

Given that she is an expert on Asia, her narrative is becoming extremely popular, although all her claims seem baseless they are being widely used by many to defend Aung Sung Suu Kyi and actions of Myanmar while making the Rohingyas the perpetrators.

I am interested to hear a rebuttal to this argument.
Old September 13, 2017, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

So touchy...

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asi...ugh-the-jungle

This report is also very intensive..
http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asi...ugh-the-jungle
Old September 13, 2017, 04:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Instead of rushing to conclusions maybe we should hear Myanmar's side of the story.
Old September 16, 2017, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Instead of rushing to conclusions maybe we should hear Myanmar's side of the story.
I agree, history taught us that we should have also listened to Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot's side of argument before they went on their genocide spree.

Here is the radical Burmese version for your perusal: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvEBaAiy5b4

The somewhat moderate version (Suu Kyi) has gone mute.
Old September 17, 2017, 12:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

This is what happens when your development is not at an optimum level as a country. We have a population more than double than that of Burma, a much higher GDP growth rate, have an economy which is almost 5 times the size of Burma, but still can't do a thing against Burmese aggression. Their military might has increased so much whereas ours remained stagnant. They have more powerful foreign friends now than ours for God's sake. This is like BD football run by BFF. This is so shameful for us on so many levels I can't even begin to describe.

When Burma was buying so many weapons and what not, what were our defense strategists (do we even have one?) doing? Did they think Burma was buying those military equipment to intimidate China or India and not BD? Was the government so short sighted that that they thought keeping the army weakened intentionally would not only keep their thieving *** on the throne but keep the sovereignty of the country intact at the same time?

Ukraine was trying to eradicate the Russians in their country driven by ultra nationalism and we all saw what the Russians did. The best solution to this Rohingya problem would have been to help the Rohingyas with arms and training. But our military has become so pathetic that Burma won't even have to break a sweat to annex our Chittagong hill tracts. Our government knows that and they have chosen to accept all the Rohingyas that Burma pushes into our borders like a good boy and provide lip service to the populace, and not even dare to shoot a single bullet to those Burmese helicopters. This crisis won't stop until all the Rohingyas are inside our border.

The only silver lining is that this has been a reality check for us. The BD diplomatic motto that Hasina says all the time that 'Friendship with everybody, hostility towards none' has been proven absolutely wrong. The BD defense and diplomatic capabilities have been badly exposed. Also, it has shown us who our true friends are.
Old September 17, 2017, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
This is what happens when your development is not at an optimum level as a country. We have a population more than double than that of Burma, a much higher GDP growth rate, have an economy which is almost 5 times the size of Burma, but still can't do a thing against Burmese aggression. Their military might has increased so much whereas ours remained stagnant. They have more powerful foreign friends now than ours for God's sake. This is like BD football run by BFF. This is so shameful for us on so many levels I can't even begin to describe.

When Burma was buying so many weapons and what not, what were our defense strategists (do we even have one?) doing? Did they think Burma was buying those military equipment to intimidate China or India and not BD? Was the government so short sighted that that they thought keeping the army weakened intentionally would not only keep their thieving *** on the throne but keep the sovereignty of the country intact at the same time?

Ukraine was trying to eradicate the Russians in their country driven by ultra nationalism and we all saw what the Russians did. The best solution to this Rohingya problem would have been to help the Rohingyas with arms and training. But our military has become so pathetic that Burma won't even have to break a sweat to annex our Chittagong hill tracts. Our government knows that and they have chosen to accept all the Rohingyas that Burma pushes into our borders like a good boy and provide lip service to the populace, and not even dare to shoot a single bullet to those Burmese helicopters. This crisis won't stop until all the Rohingyas are inside our border.

The only silver lining is that this has been a reality check for us. The BD diplomatic motto that Hasina says all the time that 'Friendship with everybody, hostility towards none' has been proven absolutely wrong. The BD defense and diplomatic capabilities have been badly exposed. Also, it has shown us who our true friends are.
This is a top post

Took the words out of my mouth.