facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old January 19, 2019, 06:23 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,387

Junaid has been consistent as an FC cricketer as well, has maintained average of 55 over last three seasons (in comparison, Shadman's average in the same period is 52). He should be in consideration for the Test team ahead of likes of Soumya and Imrul.
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old January 19, 2019, 07:53 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,230

My issue with Junaid was his very questionable technique against short pitches deliveries, he had a huge huge weakness against bouncers so he needs to of rectified that, especially for the longer format, even if he’s just learnt how to leave the ball because he didn’t even know how to do that properly.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old January 20, 2019, 11:01 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

After the current status of Ariful and Mehedi Maruf I am not willing to give chance to players after one good BPL. minimum back to back good BPL should be the criteria before dreaming with the player
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old January 20, 2019, 11:15 AM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
After the current status of Ariful and Mehedi Maruf I am not willing to give chance to players after one good BPL. minimum back to back good BPL should be the criteria before dreaming with the player
Ariful and Mehedi were no ones before their one bpl seasons. On the other hand, we are seeing guys like Junayed, Yasir, Al Amin jnr, Marshal perform and these are the guys that has been pretty consistent in every NCL, BCL, DPL. Someone like Junayed has a ton of experience both international and domestic. You shouldnt compare his success to Ariful or Mehedi's
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old January 20, 2019, 11:22 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Ariful and Mehedi were no ones before their one bpl seasons. On the other hand, we are seeing guys like Junayed, Yasir, Al Amin jnr, Marshal perform and these are the guys that has been pretty consistent in every NCL, BCL, DPL. Someone like Junayed has a ton of experience both international and domestic. You shouldnt compare his success to Ariful or Mehedi's
actually by chance I meant chance in my heart. I am refusing to believe in the player after one BPL.

After good performance chances should be given to player in A team and if required in the Nat team. Junayed in my humble opinion deserves a call up in T20. His T20I SR is 147. he was dropped from the T20I team after his ODI/Test performance by the bolod selectors
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old January 20, 2019, 11:30 AM
Rifat_02's Avatar
Rifat_02 Rifat_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 18, 2007
Posts: 2,143

Considering the strength of our T20 team Junaid Siddique should get a chance again , the likes of Imrul and Soumya should be scrapped from this format.

Even Sabbir should not be discarded from T20 format even though he is going through a bad time, this is his best format.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old January 20, 2019, 11:32 AM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
actually by chance I meant chance in my heart. I am refusing to believe in the player after one BPL.

After good performance chances should be given to player in A team and if required in the Nat team. Junayed in my humble opinion deserves a call up in T20. His T20I SR is 147. he was dropped from the T20I team after his ODI/Test performance by the bolod selectors
Yea I totally get u mean... knowing our bolod selectors, Soumya will get called for T20 even though he cant even make the Rajshahi team while someone like Abu Jayed may get dropped from the test team because of performing average in BPL
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket