facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 13, 2018, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
From the sounds of it, I guess you dont know Eclipse too well to know the reason for his bias
Eclipse isn't bias, he's a troll

There's a difference

Old July 13, 2018, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
So true. India fought really hard in the first two tests and could have easily won had Kohli were a little smarter about team selection.

There is a difference between losing the first test while fighting hard and a complete disgraceful surrender like BD did in WI. The first type can be attributed to getting acclimatized whereas the second type is nature of minnows.
Totally agree with u. There's a big difference between getting defeated by the opposition and getting steamrolled by the opposition.

We all know that most top teams struggle in their first couple of matches in their respective tours especially if they start the away series without playing any practice match. But what Bangladesh do is completely different than that. Our team gets completely annihilated every time we play outside Mirpur regardless the quality of the opposition.

Don't think playing a lot of tests is going to help us to improve our current status. We've already played quite a lot of away matches in last couple of years but the result is still the same if not worse.
Old July 13, 2018, 12:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Nope dude. I m a Bangladeshi from Bangladesh who's a die hard fan of Bangladesh cricket team.
Apnar desher baari kon khano jani?
Old July 13, 2018, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
They also got favorable pitches in 2 of the 3 Tests.

In fact the minefield of the 3rd Test evened things out as well because it made a Bumrah as lethal as a Rabada.
Haha

This post of urs have just made me assured that u haven't followed that series closely and now just making things up my dear friend..

Truth is, SA thought that they didn't get the doctored pitch they wished for in the second test against India (where they almost got defeated)

In order to rectify that mistake and to take revenge of their last India tour(In which they got humiliated by team India by getting whitewashed), SA systematically dished out a doctored green pitch to India. They provided such a green, bouncy pitch that every single ball in that test was jumping above shoulder height from good lengths and was swinging viciously.

But SA forgot that India currently has one of the best fast bowling attack in the world. Indian fast bowlers made SA to fall in their own trap and completely massacred SA batting lineup in their own doctored green top. That pitch was heavily doctored to favour SA, but India fought valiantly and won that test against all odds.
Old July 13, 2018, 01:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

More bandaid cluelessness by Bangladesh fans whose patience with their team would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

At the end of the day, these are the stats that matter against the teams that matter:

Tests: 10 wins out of 107
ODIs: 39 wins out of 231
T20s: 8 wins out of 52

Want to banish the M-word? Channel your ire at the gutless BCB and the team to make that 30 test wins out of 150. Or 75 ODI wins out of 300. No amount of window dressing or deflection by al-Furqaan (who has done it for a lifetime's worth - where has it led him or his beloved "Tigers" besides rock bottom?), or the classic little boy syndrome displayed by adamnsu (who shoots off the 'troll' term much like children close their eyes and believe their problems go away) can take this imitation of a sports team anywhere.

As I type, Bangladesh are 21/2 against the West Indies 350+ total. Even patience has its limits sometimes you would think.
Old July 13, 2018, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Don’t understand what obsession Indian fans have with Bangladeshi cricket when we are not playing with them. Seems like they have no where else to infest
Old July 13, 2018, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Apnar desher baari kon khano jani?
I m more fluent in Bangla than I'm in English. Our stupid education system hasn't allowed me to write a single Bangla sentence in last 7/8 years.

Wish we were a top nation(like Japan or Germany) and had all the necessary books available in Bangla. If that was the case we could have studied in our own mother tongue and could've achieved much more in our respective fields.
Old July 13, 2018, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I m more fluent in Bangla than I'm in English. Our stupid education system haven't allowed me to write a single Bangla sentence in last 7/8 years.

Wish we were a top nation(like Japan or Germany) and had all the necessary books available in Bangla. If that was the case we could have studied in our own mother tongue and could've achieved much more in our respective field.
So you are more fluent in Bangla and you can’t write in Bangla. Don’t think the education system that is stupid 😁.

Where is your village home? Surely you can say where that is?

First time I saw you didn’t bring India into your argument. I guess in this instance it’s like the Audi example you gave earlier
Old July 13, 2018, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
I m more fluent in Bangla than I'm in English. Our stupid education system hasn't allowed me to write a single Bangla sentence in last 7/8 years.

Wish we were a top nation(like Japan or Germany) and had all the necessary books available in Bangla. If that was the case we could have studied in our own mother tongue and could've achieved much more in our respective fields.
Eclipse miah, anner bari koi? Adamnsu re jobab den.
Old July 13, 2018, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thats quite rich coming from a person whose quality of comments are as toxic as greenhouse gas emissions
Brother, I never make toxic connects. U know it, I know it, everybody knows it. What I said in my previous post is true. Bringing a team of India's caliber into the discussion (who has the potential to be as good as 2000s Australia) when we r talking about a team like Bangladesh is indeed laughable.
Old July 13, 2018, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Brother, I never make toxic connects. U know it, I know it, everybody knows it. What I said in my previous post is true. Bringing a team of India's caliber into the discussion (who has the potential to be as good as 2000s Australia) when we r talking about a team like Bangladesh is indeed laughable.
Sorry I still can’t see the answer about your village home.

India is a strong powerhouse of cricket, there is no argument about that though.
Old July 13, 2018, 01:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Don’t understand what obsession Indian fans have with Bangladeshi cricket when we are not playing with them. Seems like they have no where else to infest
The usual tinpot argument - the right to comment on other teams is a God-given right to the residents of Gulshan and Dhanmondi. Hang and flay anybody else who bring the adorable tigers up, while we dissect the Ashes or an India tour of South Africa in a vain attempt to wish away the uncomfortable M-word.

You have an admirable tendency to let the facts get out of the way of a desperate run for the exit, from the trifling matter of my antipathy towards criticism of that which you hold dear, to the more substantive issue of my supposed desire to infest sports forums Internet-wide.
Old July 13, 2018, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
More bandaid cluelessness by Bangladesh fans whose patience with their team would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

At the end of the day, these are the stats that matter against the teams that matter:

Tests: 10 wins out of 107
ODIs: 39 wins out of 231
T20s: 8 wins out of 52

Want to banish the M-word? Channel your ire at the gutless BCB and the team to make that 30 test wins out of 150. Or 75 ODI wins out of 300. No amount of window dressing or deflection by al-Furqaan (who has done it for a lifetime's worth - where has it led him or his beloved "Tigers" besides rock bottom?), or the classic little boy syndrome displayed by adamnsu (who shoots off the 'troll' term much like children close their eyes and believe their problems go away) can take this imitation of a sports team anywhere.

As I type, Bangladesh are 21/2 against the West Indies 350+ total. Even patience has its limits sometimes you would think.
wonderful stuff, Varoone. I can picture the delight on your face as you wait for your micromax 3g lite phone to finally load the google results showing how many wins BD has to date (assuming you haven't already got it memorized).

I don't disagree with what you said, but it does bring up the question, why are you - a non bengali - are so concerned that you put so much effort and thought and time into this forum. Why spend so much time following and studying a forum dedicated to a minnow team, to the point where you can rattle off member names by heart? Is it forget your own little pecker? Your own short man syndrome? Or maybe it helps you forget that you had to take a sh*t on the side of the road this morning.
Old July 13, 2018, 01:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
The usual tinpot argument - the right to comment on other teams is a God-given right to the residents of Gulshan and Dhanmondi. Hang and flay anybody else who bring the adorable tigers up, while we dissect the Ashes or an India tour of South Africa in a vain attempt to wish away the uncomfortable M-word.

You have an admirable tendency to let the facts get out of the way of a desperate run for the exit, from the trifling matter of my antipathy towards criticism of that which you hold dear, to the more substantive issue of my supposed desire to infest sports forums Internet-wide.
You have an even more admirable tendency to bash us Bangladeshis along with your mates.

You can come here like anyone else but when you want to make fun of us fans like that expect something you way as well.

I am glad you are not an ambassador of your country as you lot on this forum put it to shame.
Old July 13, 2018, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
YOU shouldn't mention it. Once India starts to win 70% of the ICC trophies to reflect their power, influence, and financial standing we'll have a reasonable base for discussion.

You can't even compare SL to BD. SL didn't win till the 3rd Test on tour. And that too was on a minefield where a Lakmal or Ranjith becomes as unplayable as a Gabriel or Roach. Its like a Dhaka turner where both Miraz, Ashwin, or Lyon can all turn the ball a yard.
I won't say much in response, even though I had many things to say.

India won the champions trophy, went to the final in odi WC, won the t20 wc, Won the odi WC, won the champions trophy yet again, went to the semifinal of the odi world cup , went to the final of the CT and remained as a no 1 test and odi team for a prolonged period of time in last 15/20 years.

They r undoubtedly the most successful cricket team in last 15/20 years.
Old July 13, 2018, 02:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

easy - lay off the personal attacks y'all.
Old July 13, 2018, 02:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
I can picture the delight on your face as you wait for your micromax 3g lite phone to finally load the google results showing how many wins BD has to date (assuming you haven't already got it memorized).

Is it forget your own little pecker? Your own short man syndrome?

Or maybe it helps you forget that you had to take a sh*t on the side of the road this morning.
I say get over your xenophobic crassness, and head beyond the insularity of your physical and mental ghettos. As a cricket fan, I can put up my take about the sport, its teams, players and fans in a dedicated arena such as this one without hesitation. Which is more than what we can say about you and your glittering prose above.

If you want forum members to lie through our teeth to make your favorites look better than they really are for reasons best known to you, PR agents aren't too tough a find. You may even snatch one on Fiverr.
Old July 13, 2018, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

They r undoubtedly the most successful cricket team in last 15/20 years.

Thats like saying the USA has won 50% of all Basketball World Cups. The US should be winning them ALL. And India has more of a monopoly on cricket than the US does on basketball. Italy dominates soccer by bigger margins.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 13, 2018, 02:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

But SA forgot that India currently has one of the best fast bowling attack in the world. Indian fast bowlers made SA to fall in their own trap and completely massacred SA batting lineup in their own doctored green top. That pitch was heavily doctored to favour SA, but India fought valiantly and won that test against all odds.
Thats not a how a minefield works.

Give both me and Muhammad Ali a gun, and I'd have a 50-50 chance of knocking him out.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 13, 2018, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thats not a how a minefield works.

Give both me and Muhammad Ali a gun, and I'd have a 50-50 chance of knocking him out.
Nope sorry, can't agree with you. Firstly, u have to have the potential to deal with uncomfortable situation and bring it under control.

Give Bangladesh cricket team a minefield and they will get bundled out for 30 odd and when the opposition will come to bat they will score against Bangladeshi bowlers for fun and easily get a 400/500 runs lead.

The way Indian batters batted on that pitch, especially kohli was simply out of this world. Any other ordinary team, with ordinary batters would have easily got destroyed there. No wonder, kohli is already considered as a GOAT in all forms of cricket.

Anyway, I think we r going off track here. It's time for us to get back to the real topic and discuss whether Bangladesh is a minnow or not. Mods may not take it kindly if they see me to make unnecessary off topic posts.
Old July 13, 2018, 02:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Nope sorry, can't agree with you. Firstly, u have to have the potential to deal with uncomfortable situation and bring it under control.
Facts aren't things you agree with or disagree with. They just are.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 13, 2018, 11:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Bangladesh is certainly not a minnow but a team that hasn't done justice to its place in the big league for so long. 32 years as an ODI team it should have had at least entered one ICC final. Tests, Bangladesh was never ready and only entered through politics. Now they are showing signs of a test team every now and then.
Old July 13, 2018, 11:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Right now Bangladesh is minnow. I don't see any reason for debate.
Old July 13, 2018, 11:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Right now Bangladesh is minnow. I don't see any reason for debate.
Calling them minnows only helps justify their poor record. They should be reminded that they are a senior in the big league and about time performed like one.
Old July 13, 2018, 11:35 PM
Club Cricketer

The problem with some fans is that they demanded world beating performances from a team that was not even first class quality in the early years. Now they are happy to call them minnows.