facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 9, 2008, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Default From Stadium

Guys,
সংগ্রামী অভিনন্দন . Returned from Stadium around six and our throats are too tired to talk; bodies are too tired too type. Just took an ice bath and trying to share our experience to be the part of the history. And all the credits of arranging this should go to Nocturnal. I am now sure why our Canadian BCers could not organize their get together. Because their organizer is in Dhaka .
It all started on 20th Sept 2008 when some of BCer met in Star . Noc casually ask if any of us want to go to the match. Instantly if I remember correctly Rabz and I agreed. The rest you know from Noc's thread.
yesterday, when I went to bed it was raining cats and dogs. Even when I wake up it was drizzling (around 6:30). But by the time I get out of my house it stopped raining but there is thick cloud in the sky. Around eight Noc, Yaseer, Mac, SM Hasan and I are already in Stadium area. We were joined by some of Noc's friend. Soon Samicreep joined us (but he left us as soon as he get into the stadium). We went to the gate around 8:30.
And BCB sucks again. They would not allow us to get into stadium. There are around 50 people in the gate and nobody was allowed as high ups did not give them the permission to allow spectator in the stadium. Though there was a toss and play would start in schdule time (at the time we did not know). In this time SM Hasan and I were get into an argument with one BCB official. Even at that time he was arguing that play would start at 11 and why so rush? And we actually belive him as there was too much rain yesterday. Some of us were arguing you want a stampade and at last good sense prevail (BTW in other galleres specataors entry were unhindered). At last we get into the Stadium around 8:45 and soon Rabz with some of his friends joined us.
Just at nine the game started. At the time there was not many. In our gallery there would be less than five hundred people and in the whole stadium there was not more than five thousand people. People were too pessimestic. And after Russel were clobbered spectator's confidence gone down.
But the stadium come into life once Mash striked. The stadium became a fortress. Every moment were cheered by thousands of us. Noc became our poster boy; because whenever he went out to recieve one of his missing friend to the gate, we got a wicket. By the time Vettori came he was facing an aggresive crowd who would cheer every Bangladeshi move and jeer every kiwi attempt. People were appreciating Ash for keeping a Slip and some of us arguing why Ash was not putting a silly mid off and why bowlers are not giving flight.
Stadium was came into standstill when Mash was hit by loader. Actually some of us did not watch match; instead we were trying to figure out what is going on with Mash. Some start to curse BCB. The biggest clap in the stadium was heard when Mash reentered. However, Stadium became too silent when Vet-Oram was doing their repairing job. With each passing over our hope was evaporating. It came to its lowest when Oram hit that masive six. It was such brutal force. It landed in the second tier. Even Vet's out did not cheer up. But it went to sky rocket when Mash came back and Riyad (it was not Shahadat as mention in match thread) put down the catch (it went for the six); Fortunately he took it in the next ball; You would hear the largest swear words when Nayeem drop the lolly.
But still we were reasonably happy. Most of us thought that it is chaseble unless we messed up. From the 20th Sept I was shouting that we are going to win this match; I was quite confidant that we could pull it up. Rabz quoted " We would win by Seven Wickets".
Between the innings we gracefully say good bye to Pilot. The whole stadium saluted one of the true fighter by clapping and giving him a standing ovation. He returned the favour in a true sportsman way.
We find that Bangladesh team was so eager to win the game. The openers were actually waiting for the umpires and NZ players to get into field. And the boy Tamim start the procedding with a wonderful on drive and stadium came into standstill when Tamim failed. However most of the crowd appreacite that it was Mushy not Ash in the middle. Mush - Z played intelligently and without any risk. Our confidance again sky rocketed but in our mind we are still feeling that the dreaded collapse is around. Mushy was applauded for the six but probably Zunaid's four over long on was more appreciated as it came after long break. When Ash was batting almost everyone's heart was in the mouth; we start to curse Z when he was trying to play extravagent shot close to his 50 and after his 50. By the time, Ash hit the six we know we are home and we start partying in the gallery.
QUOTES OF THE DAY
Quote:
RABZ: We would win by Seven Wicket
RABZ'S FRIEND: We are the official Swearing and Cursing Sponsor
A NEIGHBOR OF US: Don't talk about those traitors name in this stadium (When I talked about Aftab and Dhiman
Nocturnal: Thank you ICL for taking out our weed
Old October 9, 2008, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Nice read, thanks. Please keep 'em coming.
Old October 9, 2008, 11:52 AM

Nice read Thebest, I have waited long to read from you guys. Thanks for sharing the live from stadium.
Old October 9, 2008, 11:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Thank you theBest. Keep them coming. and others ofcourse.
Old October 9, 2008, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Due to weather condition at the beginning there was less than 5000 people in the stadium. But after lunch three quarter of the stadium was full
1. Winning Moment

2. Our Own SM Hasan with Flag

3. Game Over for NZ

4. Partying going on

Crazy thing going on my photobucket account. I would upload some other pic tomorrow.
Noc, Rabz help me out. If I miss something
Old October 9, 2008, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Thanks for posting this theBest. Hope you had a good night sleep and great after taste in the morning.
Old October 9, 2008, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Those who saw the game - How was Nayeem's bowling? Is he a genuine all rounder material?
Old October 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

P_C,
I was missing you. Welcome back. Nayeem looks like a decent spinner; however he mainly bowled in flat trajectory; but the boy can spin and I think is a better prospect than Riyad
Old October 9, 2008, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
P_C,
I was missing you. Welcome back. Nayeem looks like a decent spinner; however he mainly bowled in flat trajectory; but the boy can spin and I think is a better prospect than Riyad
Well, we could do with an offie in the team, now that he's in (albeit prematurely).
Old October 9, 2008, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
P_C,

Nayeem is a genuine batsman, top class fielder and a leader. Since Durjoy, we had a huge hole in our offie all-rounder basket that Riyad's bat wasn't good enough to fill. Hopefully, we have found a long term solution.
Old October 9, 2008, 12:43 PM
Cricket Sage

So we drop Riad and then Obhimani Riad joins to ICL then.
Old October 10, 2008, 12:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
Nayeem is a genuine batsman, top class fielder and a leader. Since Durjoy, we had a huge hole in our offie all-rounder basket that Riyad's bat wasn't good enough to fill. Hopefully, we have found a long term solution.
U mean riad's bowling wasnt good enough? Riad's a good enough batter and can even play solely as a frontline batsman: plays very straight, orthodox stuff. his bowling however lacks bite and variety. but this will change as he grows more into his role
Old October 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
U mean riad's bowling wasnt good enough? Riad's a good enough batter and can even play solely as a frontline batsman: plays very straight, orthodox stuff. his bowling however lacks bite and variety. but this will change as he grows more into his role
We want more!! Come on!!

Samircreep bhai,
shobar moto apnar experience'ta bolen. Amra tho hatey gona koita match jiti. You are among the lucky ones to watch it live. Please share!!
Old October 9, 2008, 12:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Nice photos thebest bhai. Why some pictures are blur?
Old October 9, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea
Nice photos thebest bhai. Why some pictures are blur?
Because those were taken using mobile. The zoom feature of them sucks. Too excited to take picture taking out the proper camera from my pocket.
Sorry
Old October 9, 2008, 12:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
At some point can you guys give us a player by player observation by watching live in the stadium. It would be fun to read from a fan's perspective.
Old October 9, 2008, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
At some point can you guys give us a player by player observation by watching live in the stadium. It would be fun to read from a fan's perspective.
Today too tired now. Hopefully tomorrow first thing in the morning I would try. Hope others would also give their own assessment
Old October 9, 2008, 12:38 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

thebest bhai- wow! fatafati read!!

ah! all credit goes to you and the key thing is your umbrella!

by the way, whenever thebest bhai got his fav umbrella, there is no rain!! when he doesn't have it with him it starts raining....so, when he and myself (on the day before yesterday) went to fatullah to watch the practice match- he didn't bring it with him- rain happened and match got cancelled due to rain without playing a single ball --- means no real practice match for Kiwis which they badly needed after playing their last cricket in July!! today he had it and NO RAIN!! WE WON!!
RAIN MAN!! strange,eh!!
Old October 9, 2008, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

TheBest bhai....nice read...ekebare tatka!!!

You got so heated up in the morning, i think it got to the players as well.....
And yes NOC...the key is the Umbrella....
Old October 9, 2008, 12:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

thebest bhai, nocturnal bhai and sydney bhai and all the beloved bhais, simply wonderful just wonderful! we love you all!
Old October 9, 2008, 12:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Good short description, as one would expect from a eye witness. Thanks a lot. 'Thebest'

Old October 9, 2008, 12:57 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

you lucky _________. I'll let the 'the official Swearing and Cursing Sponsor' fill in the blank.
Old October 9, 2008, 12:58 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Did you guys get a chance to have someone tape the game for the rest of us? Also, when r u going back?

Noc, did you get any phone calls from RI?
Old October 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Did you guys get a chance to have someone tape the game for the rest of us? Also, when r u going back?

tape the game- not happened

I'm going on saturday too....anyone?? come on- series win: 2-0 ...priceless!!

Tehsin bhai- i didn't get it yet, I will surely let you know if that happens
Old October 9, 2008, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin

why didn't we do so???? It comes in my mind now.....we must have...

NOC bhai, the camera's we had today in the stadium had video options also, right?? we should have made some videos of the day....great miss....