facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

was hoping but not surprised that he isn't playing.

Old April 14, 2012, 09:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

I guess we have to pray that he is taken with the squad to the field atleast. That would be a start!
Old April 14, 2012, 09:47 AM
Cricket Sage

As someone else already stated in the match thread, in a way it's good that he didn't get selected. Most likely CSK will put u huge total today, so pune will have to attack right from the beginning and therefore more chances for Pune top order to fail. If fatso ryder fails again today, Tamim might get a chance in the next game
Old April 14, 2012, 10:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

He came to stadium today. Was interviewed during the game. He looks cheery but said its frustrating.
Old April 14, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
He came to stadium today. Was interviewed during the game. He looks cheery but said its frustrating.
Did he look fit?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

just saw tamim handing ganguly a bottle of drink when the players were walking towards the dressing room.
Old April 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
Cricket Guru

So Tamim is doing his best to impress Gangu

Old April 14, 2012, 11:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Here's Tiqbal interview

http://videobam.com/jdGkx
Old April 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
Club Cricketer

ryder is doing well, this is bad news for tamim
Old April 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Let's monitor Tamim warming the bench
Old April 14, 2012, 01:06 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^lol thats why i didnt open the thread
Old April 14, 2012, 01:35 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This is good for him. It will help him realize how much better he has to get. But he shouldn't be disheartened. Even high profile players get benched left to right in the IPL.
Old April 14, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
This is good for him. It will help him realize how much better he has to get. But he shouldn't be disheartened. Even high profile players get benched left to right in the IPL.
This is a new position for Tamim. Since he came in to the BD team, he's been the star player. Now all of a sudden, he's warming the bench. This should motivate him and when he gets a chance, he needs to make it count badly.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 14, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Did he look fit?

Yes he did :-)
Old April 14, 2012, 01:54 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Made the 17 man squad today. He will make the 11 SOMEDAY insallah
Old April 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Fatso Ryder ruined it all, the wait continues
Old April 14, 2012, 02:15 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Fatso Ryder ruined it all, the wait continues
chi chi eishob ki bolen? fatso hoia o to ki shob khela khele ar amago fit fut player'ra to tao pare na
Old April 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: None Specifically

Even though Jesse Ryder is playing good - Marlon Samuels isn't. He has got some terrible in the last few matches. Hope Tamim can replace Samuels...
Old April 14, 2012, 03:28 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib

Anyway, Ryder is simply not fit enough mentally and physically to deserve further chances. Tamim's current form warrants him a place in the side.
This is Nitin from Pune, and got some of my buddies in the management at Pune Warriors.
I see lot of bangladeshi fans on Pune Warriors official Facebook page, abusing and cursing Saurabh & the team management for not putting in Tamim in the batting order.
First of all let me tell you guys the complete idea of purchasing Tamim.

History
It all started in ipl 2011 pune warriors ended up 9th (2nd last) though being the costliest team in entire cricket world, with lots of money poured in.
All top class players, but no one was up in their form except for Yuvraj Singh & Robin Utthapa .At tht time the team had run out of option on who to try, Jesse Ryder was struggling with his form due to depression and his personal issues , and so were Grane Smith and other big shots.At that time management though of including extra spare players who are in form , so thats when time comes they can be bought into attack.

Why not replace Jessy Ryder with Tamim as since last 3 games he hasn't been up to mark?
This year Jess is in India with his Psychologist, he is always with him, home or away does not matter. At this point what Jess needs is a fair chance to prove that he is worth, and he still got it, critics back in NZ are driving him nutts.last 3 matches he has been run out, and 2 of the times not his fault.Finally today Jess scored an awesome 70+ score winning the Man of the match award.And thats what the Team and his Psychologist wanted.

When would Tamim get a chance?
To be honest its a 50-50 situation. however there are talks going on that in next match either vs Delhi Daredevils or Royal challengers Bangalore Samules might be replaced by Tamim .lets hope for the best

Please guys, do understand that we are not against any Bangladeshi or its that we love to snub Bangladeshi cricketers. The team has invested $50,000 in Tamim for some reason, all you need to do is be patient and wait n watch.
Please do not spam with hate,curse and offending messages on official FB page of PWI, we never see people from Australia, NZ, England & South Africa, cursing for not including their players in the batting/bowling order.
Thank you

Last edited by nitinjadhav; April 14, 2012 at 05:17 PM..
Old April 14, 2012, 03:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiplu
Here's Tiqbal interview

http://videobam.com/jdGkx
thanks a lot for sharing.
Old April 14, 2012, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I hope you guys are proud of yourselves.

I'd like apologize on be half the good Bdeshi fans for those moronic 15 year old "fans'" misbehavior.

Use the media properly. Don't abuse it.
Old April 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Thanks Nitin Jadhav for the inside scoop. Sorry to hear that many Bangladeshis are using abusive language on the FB page. Just to let you know that we Bangladeshis tend to be passionate and emotional fans. Unfortunately at times many fans do go over the line and its unacceptable. Many of us are not like that however so please understand that as well. So just ignore what some of these abusive fans are saying. We all just want to see Tamim and Shakib doing well in the IPL since it is such a big global tournament.

Also great to know that Tamim has a good chance of playing either next match or the match after the next. I had a feeling that this would be the case.

Please do enjoy your stay here Nitin Jadhav.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinjadhav
This is Nitin from Pune, and got some of my buddies in the management at Pune Warriors.
I see lot of bangladeshi fans on Pune Warriors official Facebook page, abusing and cursing Saurabh & the team management for not putting in Tamim in the batting order.
Any post that starts with that sort of forceful state is bound to raise a flag.

Quote:
Please guys, do understand that we are not against any Bangladeshi or its that we love to snub Bangladeshi cricketers. The team has invested $50,000 in Tamim for some reason, all you need to do is be patient and wait n watch.
Please do not spam with hate,curse and offending messages on official FB page of PWI, we never see people from Australia, NZ, England & South Africa, cursing for not including their players in the batting/bowling order.
Thank you
And I don't think using BC as a platform to preach about your administration policy of a facebook fan group has ANYTHING to do with fans here. If you folks do have an issue why not strengthen the privacy settings there? It's tantamount to saying a group of Swedish thugs break in your house and you go to Ikea with preaching tone.

And lastly, welcome to the forum. Please do enjoy your stay here.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 14, 2012, 05:06 PM
Street Cricketer

''And I don't think using BC as a platform to preach about your administration policy of a facebook fan group has ANYTHING to do with fans here."
Well, no one is preaching any administration policy here.I just wanted to put a stop to what was happening over there, and I also wanted to answer all the question that were popped up by the Bangladeshi fans, And I thought BC would be a great platform to do that.
Secondly we respect Bangladeshis, and you guys are like a brother nation to us.A true friend is one who comes closer to your Ear and whispers in it, that "Dude!, your zipper is open, pull it up before any one sees it". On the other hand your enemies will say it loud and open "Hey guys look his zipper is open like a post office, LOL!!!
So the point is , I would have any time decided to post this on an international forum, but then guys, would that be friendly or would it help my friend save his reputation?

"If you folks do have an issue why not strengthen the privacy settings there? "
India being a Democratic secular country, freedom of speech is always promoted and encouraged. We are always open to suggestion and would like to know what fans around the world have to say.
In fact we have media campaigns to encourage people to drop in their words which will help the strategy. Like the one bellow ....

Old April 14, 2012, 07:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinjadhav

History
It all started in ipl 2011 pune warriors ended up 9th (2nd last) though being the costliest team in entire cricket world, with lots of money poured in.
All top class players, but no one was up in their form except for Yuvraj Singh & Robin Utthapa .At tht time the team had run out of option on who to try, Jesse Ryder was struggling with his form due to depression and his personal issues , and so were Grane Smith and other big shots.At that time management though of including extra spare players who are in form , so thats when time comes they can be bought into attack.

Why not replace Jessy Ryder with Tamim as since last 3 games he hasn't been up to mark?
This year Jess is in India with his Psychologist, he is always with him, home or away does not matter. At this point what Jess needs is a fair chance to prove that he is worth, and he still got it, critics back in NZ are driving him nutts.last 3 matches he has been run out, and 2 of the times not his fault.Finally today Jess scored an awesome 70+ score winning the Man of the match award.And thats what the Team and his Psychologist wanted.

When would Tamim get a chance?
To be honest its a 50-50 situation. however there are talks going on that in next match either vs Delhi Daredevils or Royal challengers Bangalore Samules might be replaced by Tamim .lets hope for the best

Thank you
If this is what the psychologist wanted it could be quite dangerous-all Mr Kegs on Legs Ryder needs now is a celebratory party and a box of "ROyal Challenge" to get himself back on the booze.

He's been copping it in NZ and rightly so. He's an extremely talented batsman but goes on like a spoilt brat

BTW I wasn't one of those people trashing Pune's website, I doubt the BC guys are actually doing it, I mean out of potentially 160+ million fans including expats most probably aren't from BC-

but I am an ANti-Pune supporter, i am going to start abusing Gangla-bhai, because sure he was purchased for 50k but the way he is kept in a hotel room reeks of the treatment of some of our other players who had anything to do with this league.

Knowing how the BCCI and IPL operates, wouldn't be surprised if this was a legit attempt to try and stuff up our form batsman as they've isolated pakistani players. I no longer view India as a brother nation, in 1971 it was within her interests and now regarding any comment from indian fans, they are potentially the most arrogant. If you hold the view you mentioned then welcome, that view will be returned to you only

Tamim hasn't been treated like an international player-if you are going to use him as the cleaner then why pay him 50k. Release him so he can go back and play cricket somewhere else.

So if you could pass on the message to the PW "attempting to think"-tank that would be highly appreciated

PS It's not Grane aka "Grain" Smith, he is not cereal material. Look puns aside I don't think your page should be trashed but I think the "Can't think"-tank and the captain deserves a bit for tamim's treatment not his non-selection

EDIT: riddled with errors and it has been perceived that this post appears "feisty"-hope it isn't vitriolic. This is nothing personal Nitin, you are a very polite guy, it is the IPL and BCCI I have particular issues with. Please don't take anything personally. Just having a rant

Last edited by mar umpire; April 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM..