facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 22, 2008, 12:55 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
BDFlag Khaled Mashud?

im not a KM's fan but i just wondering is he not good enogh to play for bd....is he not good enogh to be atleast in 24 squad........ehat bcb selector was thinking..........is he not better than sagir hossain. .......................... KM was one of the highest run scorer in NCL last year, even though sagir is better choice for selector, why?
Old September 22, 2008, 01:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I have a lots of respect for KM. He has made a lots of contribution to BD cricket in the past when it mattered. He is one of the very sincere & hard working cricketers that I have seen in BD. He has a lots of passion for the game that most of the present cricketers lack.

But please don't talk of bringing him back.
Old September 22, 2008, 03:05 AM

[quote=BANFAN;737523]I have a lots of respect for KM. He has made a lots of contribution to BD cricket in the past when it mattered. He is one of the very sincere & hard working cricketers that I have seen in BD. He has a lots of passion for the game that most of the present cricketers lack.

But please don't talk of bringing him back.[/quote]

I like it, bro.!
Old September 22, 2008, 12:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I have a lots of respect for KM. He has made a lots of contribution to BD cricket in the past when it mattered. He is one of the very sincere & hard working cricketers that I have seen in BD. He has a lots of passion for the game that most of the present cricketers lack.

But please don't talk of bringing him back.

I have a lots of respect for JO. ..........
But please don't talk of bringing him back
Old September 22, 2008, 01:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

yes, Pilot does have great contribution in Bangladesh cricket, he probably lost his place to youngsters because of age and lack of fast stroke making

Last edited by Zaheed Mahmood; September 22, 2008 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: correction
Old September 22, 2008, 06:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheed Mahmood
yes, Pilot does have great contribution in Bangladesh cricket, he probably lost his place to youngsters because of age and lack of fast stroke making
Come on, what have te new, supposedly younger, fitter and hard hitting guys done after taking his place, your team has just tumbled downhill. When will you guys understand the importance of experience and patience of which Kaled is still No 1 in Bangladeshi terms.
And please dont even talk of fast stroke making Bangadesh is not even competing with all those so called stroke makers
Old September 22, 2008, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I agree.
Old September 23, 2008, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
AGE: dont talk about this at least for Pilot please. He is still one of the fittest player around. How many matches he missed because of his fitness? As he is fit, age never is the issue.

Fast Stroke making: I refer you to the stats Baundule presented in this thread, not only Mushfiqur, compare it with the other BD batmen as well, you will find where Pailot's strike-rate stands compare to others. But if you are talking about entertaining crowd by 1or 2 fours-sixes here n there n getting out (what our so called stroke makers do) by the word "Fast Stroke making", then i am quite happy Pailot is not like that.

Lastly we need the calmness and maturity Pailot can bring in the team by his patience and experience. Don't know when BCB will understand the value of an experience performer.
Old September 22, 2008, 01:37 AM
Cricket Legend

I want Khaled Mashud back in the team and if possible come back as a Captain.
This will provide the team and also Siddons the needed guidance. Pailot's experience of the last 14 years should be utilized in this crisis situation. Not only that, performance-wise and ability-wise he is still the N0#1 in the country and deserved to be re-called in the 24 member squad.

I Strongly Protest the decision of selector's for not considering Pailot in the NZ series.
Old September 22, 2008, 02:51 AM

Dead horse, dead issue ... not that he can bring stability in the team with performance, time to move on.
Old September 22, 2008, 04:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Pilot is only 32. Even most of the first bowlers do play with full fitness at this age. The people who are bringing the point that Pilot is old, can please give some stats how many matches he missed for lack of fitness?

Before the world cup, Pilot was dumped for no good reason. He was among the few (Rafique, Basher in some extent) who were more or less an automatic choice because of performance. The selectors brought in Mushfiq to 'rest' Pilot and then they ultimately dumped him for no good reason.

Pilot is the victim of the wrong selection policy. If we look at Australia, it is hell tough to get selected in the team. One has to prove 100% before being selected; in Bangladesh this is like lottery. Some new guys are drafted in to the national team before they are matured enough and therefore most of them ultimately fail. We do not have enough supply of players compared to Australia; but that does not mean you toss with one of the most reliable players of the team.
Old September 22, 2008, 04:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Pilot is only 32. Even most of the first bowlers do play with full fitness at this age. The people who are bringing the point that Pilot is old, can please give some stats how many matches he missed for lack of fitness?

Before the world cup, Pilot was dumped for no good reason. He was among the few (Rafique, Basher in some extent) who were more or less an automatic choice because of performance. The selectors brought in Mushfiq to 'rest' Pilot and then they ultimately dumped him for no good reason.

Pilot is the victim of the wrong selection policy. If we look at Australia, it is hell tough to get selected in the team. One has to prove 100% before being selected; in Bangladesh this is like lottery. Some new guys are drafted in to the national team before they are matured enough and therefore most of them ultimately fail. We do not have enough supply of players compared to Australia; but that does not mean you toss with one of the most reliable players of the team.
Pilot was 5/6 years senior to us and I am now 30. So how can he be only 32?
Old September 22, 2008, 04:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Pilot was 5/6 years senior to us and I am now 30. So how can he be only 32?
WarWolf Bhai,

At least his official birth date says that.
The point here is not his age, it is his fitness. He is a very much fit player. I have also provided few stats, did not do any SRajesh. His recent performances are taken.
Old September 22, 2008, 04:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Some people mention that he bats slowly; he is only good at wicket-keeping; but he can not bat etc. etc. Here are some ODI stats of KM:

Last 3 years (2004-2006):
Career averages
SpanMatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR1005004s6s
unfiltered1995-200612611027181871*21.90331554.84078124+5+Profile
filtered2004-200657461594271*30.38154161.12042543

Only 2004:
Career averages
MatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR1005004s6s
unfiltered12611027181871*21.90331554.84078124+5+Profile
filtered191843995428.5061464.98021282

Only 2005:
Career averages
filtered1412626171*43.5040863.97020151

Only 2006:
Career averages
filtered2416528248*25.6351954.33001110

Musfiqur Rahim:
Career averages
SpanMatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR1005004s6s
overall2006-2008352964765720.6984956.06025323Profile

I have highlighted the numbers: averages and strike rates. The decision is yours. On my part, the sad thing is, this way we replace performers by non-performing lotteries and that only destroys BD cricket.

Just to mention, he bats pretty low at the order, at 8 or 7 (a few times). Mushfique usually bats higher in the order. Because of batting at the tail, he does not gets the relatively 'easy' runs against Zim or Kenya. Most of his runs come against the better 8s and most often in crisis.

Last edited by Baundule; September 22, 2008 at 04:26 AM..
Old September 22, 2008, 04:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

Khaled Mashud is overall just a much better batsman, if not a premier batsman...he should be back but ppl discriminate with his age. I say the exact opposite of what many of u suggested...

Keep Mushi as the keeper since he is young and has quicker reactions, but keep Khaled Mashud as a batsman...although that is never gonna happen anymore..they are content with keeping him out and bringing new blood from the Academy...i still think a man of his experience and maturity deserves a shot.
Old September 22, 2008, 05:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Pilot is just an overall better player than Mushi can ever be there is no doubt abt that. Mushi is our future but I wudnt get carried away with that. Remember, this is the guy that hit the six down the ground in the ICC trophy to give all these youngsters a chance.
I remember games in BD cricket history during the early 2000s when Pilot would be the ONLY batsman who would score a fifty and the rest were anda. I remember Pilot carrying BD through the most difficult phase in BD cricket. We probably got what little respect we have before our Test Status for the works of Pilot. He was a very able captain of a very incompetent ship. Pilot was better than Naimur, Aminul, Akram the fatso, hell...the entire BD squad.
We had a really messy bowling order with Hasibul Hossain Shanto who was the worst bowler I have ever seen. He was like Shahadat...but almost ten times worse with the catching abilites of Alok Kapali(mr.drop catch)
Anyways point is...respect the man. Pilot might never be back but stats aside, he is still sentimentally the best part of BD cricket history.
Old September 22, 2008, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholCholBD
Pilot is just an overall better player than Mushi can ever be there is no doubt abt that. Mushi is our future but I wudnt get carried away with that. Remember, this is the guy that hit the six down the ground in the ICC trophy to give all these youngsters a chance.
I remember games in BD cricket history during the early 2000s when Pilot would be the ONLY batsman who would score a fifty and the rest were anda. I remember Pilot carrying BD through the most difficult phase in BD cricket. We probably got what little respect we have before our Test Status for the works of Pilot. He was a very able captain of a very incompetent ship. Pilot was better than Naimur, Aminul, Akram the fatso, hell...the entire BD squad.
We had a really messy bowling order with Hasibul Hossain Shanto who was the worst bowler I have ever seen. He was like Shahadat...but almost ten times worse with the catching abilites of Alok Kapali(mr.drop catch)
Anyways point is...respect the man. Pilot might never be back but stats aside, he is still sentimentally the best part of BD cricket history.

Dude..go write a history book.....
May be select pilot for a charity match...Mushfique is definately much much better than pilot...
Old September 22, 2008, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
May be select pilot for a charity match...Mushfique is definately much much better than pilot...
I am very interested to know your basis of such judgement. At least record book says exactly the opposite.
Old September 23, 2008, 04:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I am very interested to know your basis of such judgement. At least record book says exactly the opposite.
Not only record book, but also recent performance in NCL.

Our recent national WK Dhiman is gone, so when selecting one, if we forget everything, we should select on the basis of recent performance and Pailot is one of the top scorers in NCL, and Mushfique?? recently dropped from the team because of poor performance.
Old September 23, 2008, 03:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Pilot has already given plenty to charity...its called the Bangladesh National Team...

Mushi is our future i have no complaints abt that...but comparing Mushi to Pilot is like comparing Abraham Lincoln to Bush the second...

They are a different class of men.
Old September 23, 2008, 04:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholCholBD
Pilot has already given plenty to charity...its called the Bangladesh National Team...

Mushi is our future i have no complaints abt that...but comparing Mushi to Pilot is like comparing Abraham Lincoln to Bush the second...

They are a different class of men.
Agree more than 100%............

Pailot ke asole team e anbe.....onek pani ghola kore terpor anbe arki....
Old September 22, 2008, 06:17 AM
Cricket Guru

I would have liked to see Pilot in the team and maybe yes as our test captain just stable up the team.
Maybe he's too busy with his acting career ....
Old September 22, 2008, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

It again proves that the board is just wrong when it comes to select the performers. At this moment,, the question was to bring stability in the national team learning the lessons from what went wrong in the last one year. And it didnt happen. In fact, there is no accountability for that matter. Regarding Mashud..Lets take a look at this objectively.

1. Performance: Mashud is ahead. Neither Pavel nor Mushfique comes close to Mashud in any league,, be it NCL or International matches. He scored a Test centruy against West Indies and he was on the top in recent NCL.

2. Experience: Same thing. Mashud has been a successful campaigner for a long time. One thing for sure is his experience is unmatched by any other senior players avaiblle. In fact, he is the only senior player left for Bangladesh.

3. Fitness/Temparement/Skills: No match for Mashud in terms of his grit and fitness. He is 32-33 but he is still very active and is the leading player in NCL.

We said enough about the selection policy and at this point I am personally sick and tired of a impotent Rafique, vindictive Durjoy ( Akram doesnt exist) to select a national team. Ashraful needed some experienced players with him to discuss strategies in the field and to motivate the youngsters.. and he still doesnt have one. Shame on this BCB to neglect once again the players who game us so much,, and they keep wondering why players leave even when they get the same amount of money..
Old September 22, 2008, 12:14 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

KM is working hard to comeback in the natioal team......but if selector keep ignoring him like this.. it's no point....
Old September 23, 2008, 04:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

pilot > rahim, at least atm. with pilot still around it would be a good chance for rahim to develop his game in a less pressurized environment i.e. the domestic circuit, maybe play him in ODIs but at least play pilot in tests. my main issue with rahim atm is his below par keeping skills, bring those up to scratch and then bring him back to the national team.