facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 4, 2012, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Default BCB Release: September 4 Board Meeting: Franchise-based 14th National Cricket League to have day-night matches and others

Tuesday, 04 September 2012
Media Release
Franchise-based 14th National Cricket League to have day-night matches
Deadlineextended for purchasing tender document and submitting bid offer for Worldwide Media Rights

The Board in a meeting today took the following decisions:

·The Board has extended the deadline for purchasing tender document and submitting the bid offer for BCB Worldwide Media Rights. The last date for obtaining the tender document is now 06 September 2012 and the fresh deadline for submission is 12 September 2012. Amendment was also made to the pre-requisites for prospective bidders. Accordingly, a tender will be accepted if one among the marketing agent and the broadcaster has five (05) year’s experience in related field.

·Two top performers of the Bangladesh Under 19 Team in the recently concluded ICC Under 19 World Cup in Australia would be awarded BDT 2,00,000.00 (Two Lac Taka) each. The other members of the squad will each get BDT 1,00,000.00 (Taka One Lac).

·The Board discussed the inquiry committee report on an anti corruption issue raised during the inaugural edition of the Bangladesh Premier League T20. The four member inquiry committee was headed by BCB Senior Vice President Mahbub Anam. The other members were BCB Directors Gazi Ashraf Hossain, Siraj Uddin Md. Alamgir and BCB Acting CEO Nizam Uddin Chowdhury.

As per the recommendation of the committee the Board decided to refrain from engaging former national cricketer Shariful Huq in any cricket activities under the Bangladesh Cricket Board’s jurisdiction in future. His activities around cricket will also be carefully monitored by the Board.

·The eight-team 14th National Cricket League will begin from 14 October 2012. For the first time in the history of first class cricket in this country the competition has been modelled on a franchise-based system. It was also decided that the Board will introduce day-night matches during this tournament.

·The disciplinary matter related to batsman Shahriar Nafees’ conduct during the Bangladesh A Team’s recent Tour of India has been referred to the BCB Disciplinary Committee. The committee has been asked to submit a report in 14 days.
Old September 4, 2012, 09:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Finally Loitta brings up the franchise system. Are we the first country in South Asia to have franchise based first class system? I see Pakistan have teams like Habib Bank, Khan Research Labs but I don't know if these are corporate houses that acts as team sponsor or franchise owner.

If the NCL starts on mid Oct, I am assuming the franchise auction will be very soon.
Old September 4, 2012, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Finally Loitta brings up the franchise system. Are we the first country in South Asia to have franchise based first class system? I see Pakistan have teams like Habib Bank, Khan Research Labs but I don't know if these are corporate houses that acts as team sponsor or franchise owner.

If the NCL starts on mid Oct, I am assuming the franchise auction will be very soon.
Zimbabwe has a franchise based FC system, no?
Old September 4, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Zimbabwe has a franchise based FC system, no?
Zim are also not in South Asia!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 4, 2012, 10:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Day Night games is that a very good idea? It will be quite costly I assume. It should bring in more crowd, but I think it's more important to spread the games out throughout the country. If they do D/N match that means games will be held in only CTG and Dhaka.
Old September 4, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Day Night games is that a very good idea? It will be quite costly I assume. It should bring in more crowd, but I think it's more important to spread the games out throughout the country. If they do D/N match that means games will be held in only CTG and Dhaka.
The way things are going, I won't be surprised to see. D/N test match in the near future. Obviously it will cost some money but it might bring in sponsors and could act as crowd puller..We should try every possible things to make our NCL competitive and colorful..

batti jalaile jodi competitive hoy so be it
Old September 4, 2012, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

So they're paying the U-19 players for losing? Chimpanzee-facepalm-because-a-human-doing-it-doesn't-portray-the-enormity-of-the-FAIL
Old September 4, 2012, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
So they're paying the U-19 players for losing? Chimpanzee-facepalm-because-a-human-doing-it-doesn't-portray-the-enormity-of-the-FAIL
Good to see someone thinks the same. Why do we have to reward them for losing? That too the QF of the WC!!!

Could have only rewarded A(E)namul for being the leading run scorer in the tournament though....
Old September 4, 2012, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I never like this Lotus Guy. He have destroyed our cricket but these days it seems he is learning from his past. If he can give a good F C i ll forgive him.
Old September 4, 2012, 11:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

I love u Lotus Kamal......u r the 2nd best President of BCB.....was waiting for this declaration....got Mcinnes Back, included league players in contract....so much good work done by BCB....Loitta love u man.
Old September 4, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Lotus Cons :-
-Meddling with Selections. Rokibul and Tamim...
-Political apointee, almost ruined the WC opening with too many ajaira Speeches..
-Organising BPL in a hurry and than taking too long to make player payments.
-Not recognising FICA and endlessly arguing even when it was the fault of BCB
-Too much love for Pakistan and so was almost about to put players in harms way
- Disruption in dhaka premier league
- No foreign coach for U-19
- No pace bowling academy

Will not put Shakib incident here since it is an urban myth put together by our incompetent news reporters..

Pros
- Organised BPL in the shortest time and the tournament was a success despite some payment concerns. The true test will be to get good players for the next edition
- Organised WC which was mostly deemed a success
- Got better sponsors and more money
- Organised Euro tour to ensure players get adequate prep for T 20
- Got FC players under a payment scheme so that players can persue a career in Cricket.
- Got NCL under franchise system which will only ensure more cash flow
- Got Richard McInnes to run the academy
- More frequent A Team schedules.

Overall, He is no Saber Hossain but we have always had much worse than him.
Old September 4, 2012, 02:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
-Political apointee, almost ruined the WC opening with too many ajaira Speeches..

Will not put Shakib incident here since it is an urban myth put together by our incompetent news reporters..

Pros
- Organised BPL in the shortest time and the tournament was a success despite some payment concerns. The true test will be to get good players for the next edition
- Got FC players under a payment scheme so that players can persue a career in Cricket.

Nice post. Loved all the points u described.
Old September 5, 2012, 01:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

Quote:

Pros

Agreed! I would say he is the best one so far other than our Saber Hussain Chowdhury. The reason was simple. He was involved as an organizer in the past as it was mentioned in the newspaper when he was appointed in the first place. I do see positive from him since Akram Khan threatened to quit during the last Asia Cup. I am not sure whether it was to present himself as a vital candidate for the ICC presidency or ICC might have informed that BD might receive less opportunity to play longer version unless our domestic structure is strong or it could be the success of BPL (his daughters are the owner of two franchises) or the success of Asia Cup. Whatever it could be, we, as a fan, will be behind him as long as our cricket sees the upward trend!
Old September 4, 2012, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Short of Saber Chowdhury, Lotus is probably the best that you'll get for a cricket admin in Bangladesh. Given that we're still stuck in the medieval age of political appointments, whoever becomes the board President will be a narcissistic crook with very little understanding of the game. At least Lotus can claim a few successes - the BPL (in spite of the subsequent player payment failure), appointment of the two Richards, successful hosting of the WC (in spite of the security glitches that led to the Caribbean team bus getting bricked), FC player contracts and finally a franchise based FC league. All the negatives aside (given the realities of the nation), he, or his administration, seems to understand - just to some extent, mind you - what needs to be done to improve cricket in Bangladesh.
Old September 4, 2012, 12:23 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

They will also use the PINK ball....

Anamul And Taskin got 2 lakh each as expected. Rest got 1 lakh each...
Old September 4, 2012, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
They will also use the PINK ball....

Anamul And Taskin got 2 lakh each as expected. Rest got 1 lakh each...
Taskin!! Based on the stats thats a surprise... but this further tells me that he is a special talent.
Old September 4, 2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Spray ball all over the pitch with no sense of direction or control over length => make two hundred grand. Lesson learned.

Become highest scorer of the WC => get labeled as just as good as the guy above. Lesson learned.

What I don't understand, though, is why they didn't hire me to get tonked for 80 off my stipulated 10 overs. I would have done it for much less as I don't even need the money.
Old September 4, 2012, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

I became extremely surprised to see that no one made a bid for the media rights except a local tv channel. We are doing better for sure but it seems that we are loosing the value in world market. Very strange indeed.

There are talking pictures, ESPN-STAR, TEN network but no one made the bid. I am not sure what is going on. I am disappointed.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 4, 2012, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Spray ball all over the pitch with no sense of direction or control over length => make two hundred grand. Lesson learned.

Become highest scorer of the WC => get labeled as just as good as the guy above. Lesson learned.

What I don't understand, though, is why they didn't hire me to get tonked for 80 off my stipulated 10 overs. I would have done it for much less as I don't even need the money.
Even Anamul mentioned in an interview after the WC that Taskin is someone for the future. It is sometimes hard to judge a performance by Stats alone.
For example: Kapali got a test hattrick but people who watched the game would tell you that is was mainly due to umpiring error and the batsmen were tailenders.
Old September 4, 2012, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Even Anamul mentioned in an interview after the WC that Taskin is someone for the future. It is sometimes hard to judge a performance by Stats alone.
For example: Kapali got a test hattrick but people who watched the game would tell you that is was mainly due to umpiring error and the batsmen were tailenders.
Fine, but why give him two hundred grand now when you can give it to him when he becomes the highest wicket taker in the real WC seven years from now? The two grand was for each of the "top two performers" in the tournament and Taskin hadn't done much to help the team's cause there.

And if he's being awarded just for his potential, then that's just silly and premature, not to mention out of place given the context of a WC campaign that was a failure for him and his team.

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; September 4, 2012 at 02:18 PM..
Old September 4, 2012, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Fine, but why give him two hundred grand now when you can give it to him when he becomes the highest wicket taker in the real WC seven years from now? The two grand was for each of the "top two performers" in the tournament and Taskin hadn't done much to help the team's cause there.

And if he's being awarded just for his potential, then that's just silly and premature, not to mention out of place given the context of a WC campaign that was a failure for him and his team.
I am sure the award was not for potential but for performance. As I stated earlier, u and I did not see what happened in the pitch. So we cannot judge. I am sure it was based on the report given by captain and coach. And 2 grand is really not a lot of money. Interns working in the west earn much more than that every month. And they have worked continuously for almost a year prior to the tournament.
Old September 4, 2012, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
I am sure the award was not for potential but for performance. As I stated earlier, u and I did not see what happened in the pitch. So we cannot judge. I am sure it was based on the report given by captain and coach. And 2 grand is really not a lot of money. Interns working in the west earn much more than that every month. And they have worked continuously for almost a year prior to the tournament.
I can see where you're coming from re: you and I not being present, but at the end of the day, rewarding mediocre output has always been a problem for us. It was an U19 tournament, so he was playing against players roughly at the same stage of development as him. If he did get unlucky, he would have had average stats, but he has pretty horrible stats. Yes, numbers are not the be-all and end-all, but they don't lie so blatantly either. If he was really one of the top two performers in the team, it would have reflected in the stats, however slightly.

The coach and captains words are what you make of it - read Anamul's interview and you'll see how happy he is to have secured 7th (not 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th, but 7th) position - again, signs of a tendency to applaud mediocrity. And Sarwar Imran isn't the brightest coach out there, as he has proven during the tournament. Not claiming to know more than them - just can't trust people who are so easily satisfied. If this was Shakib talking, I'd definitely get excited.

Oh and there's no point comparing the Bangladeshi pay scale to the western world. Yes, we would ideally like to get to a point where our sportsmen get rewarded at a scale comparable to the top teams in the world, but the reality is that two lakhs is still quite a bit of money in Bangladesh, especially for someone who ended up 13th on the overall bowler's list (further down if you consider economy/#games played:wickets ratios). If he gets it then why doesn't Liton Das?
Old September 4, 2012, 01:52 PM
MLC World Series I

Why are the U19 players getting paid in the first place?

Clearly, the board thinks the campaign was a moderate success
Old September 4, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

From daily star

As promised the BCB is going to model the country's lone first-class competition -- the National Cricket League (NCL) -- on a franchise-based system. The fourteenth version of the tournament will start from October 14 at four different venues across the country, said BCB president AHM Mustafa Kamal after the board's emergency meeting yesterday.

“We want to start it. It may happen that of the eight franchises only two or three can get sponsors. In that case the rest will play under their respective division's banner. We should start it to introduce real competitiveness in the first-class competition,” said Kamal.

“As you saw, there were some teething problems in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20 because we started in a hurry. Here too, there may be some teething problems, but it is important to get it off the ground,” he added.

He also informed that it will be a single-league-based tournament where the two top finishers will play the final. The board also decided that it will introduce day-night matches during this tournament, for which the pink ball being trialled worldwide will be used.

“The opening and final matches will be day-night affairs which will take place at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur,” he added.

BCB took the decision to arrange day-night longer version matches in line with ICC's efforts to introduce day-night Tests.

BCB RELAXES CLAUSE TO ATTRACT BIDDERS
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) brought some leniency to one clause to attract more bidders to their international tender for worldwide media rights.

The amendment was made to the pre-requisites for prospective bidders during the board's marathon emergency meeting and accordingly, a tender will be accepted if one among the marketing agent and the broadcaster has five years' experience in a related field.

The previous clause which stated that only companies with five years of experience can buy the bid papers rendered several prominent companies ineligible to participate in the bidding.

Kamal will head a new committee to approve the successful bidders alongside BCB directors Ahmed Iqbal Hassan (finance committee chairman), Jalal Yunus (media chairman) and Mirza Salman Ispahani (tender and purchase committee chairman).

“We made the amendment following a poor response from the companies. We are expecting a much better response now before the end of the new deadline. We took a tough stance regarding the TV deal this time because of our previous bitter experience,” said Kamal.

He also hoped that they can make the deal by September 16.

“The fresh deadline for submission is September 12 and on the same day the board meeting will take place to work out all the details. We are hopeful that we can make the deal by September 15 or 16,” he added.

The board was forced to extend the date as only two companies including Ten Sports bought the schedule before the last date on August 30, and two more companies bought the schedule after that date. The board are expecting more before the end of the new deadline to purchase the schedule on September 6.

DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE TO INQUIRE INTO THE SHAHRIAR NAFEES CASE
The disciplinary matter related to left-handed batsman Shahriar Nafees's conduct during the Bangladesh A team's recent tour of India has been referred to the board's disciplinary committee. The committee has been asked to submit a report in 14 days.

The left-hander was sent home before the third group game due to his misconduct in the second game of the Shafi Darashah tournament in Bangalore. He was then not considered for selection for the 18-member preliminary Bangladesh A squad for the training camp ahead of their home series against the West Indies High Performance team.

CASH REWARD FOR U19 TEAM
The two top performers of the Bangladesh Under-19 team -- captain Anamul Haque and bowler Taskin Ahmed -- in the recently concluded ICC Under-19 World Cup in Australia will be awarded Tk 2 lakh each and the other members of the squad will each get Tk 1 lakh for their impressive performance in the showpiece event.

The Bangladesh Under-19s finished seventh in the recently concluded ICC U19 World Cup in Australia beating Pakistan in the play-off match.
Old September 4, 2012, 03:19 PM
Banned

any one help me out, will international players take part in NCL?