facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 7, 2006, 05:22 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Gameplan against WI; do or die match.

Playing XI : I don't think team management will decide to drop Ash in favor of Mehrab. Now WI match is a must win match. IMO, team management should give Ash another opportunity against WI. If he fails again, they should bring Mehrab in for the last game.

IMO, against WI, Shahadat should come in place of Rasel. That's the only change reqd.

Batting in first 10 over: Batting in first 10-15 over is real concern for Bangladesh. either we are loosing too many wickets or scoring with the pace of tortoise. Both approach is costing us dearly. IMO, against WI, if we bat first, we should try to conserve wicket in first 10 over, build the platform and then start aggressively to post a good total. In case of chasing we need to go for the kill right from the beginning.

Toss : If we win toss we must bat first.

Your thoughts...

Last edited by Miraz; October 7, 2006 at 05:40 PM..

Old October 7, 2006, 05:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

we should bat first. we should play the same XI, bashar at 3, aftab at 5
Old October 7, 2006, 05:29 PM
Banned

Basically you are trying to do everything opposite to what you didn't like from today's game!

Yeah, and John Kerry was called Mr. flip flop.
Old October 7, 2006, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Mostly agree with you, including replacing Rasel with Shahadat.

Batting: I just want to see a 250+ score if we bat first. It doesn't matter how we get it. Making good use of powerplays or keeping wickets in hand and slogging in the final overs, anything is okay if it works.
Old October 7, 2006, 05:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Todays game was quite encouraging in my opinion, after SL posted 302 i was weary about the margin of defeat (yes i already concluded we would lose). but IMO 265 was a decent total at the end under lights, and losing by 37 rather than 100 (which what i thought would happen) would certainly give us a better chance if run rate become a factor for qualifying.

This also gives me confidence to say that there is a very good possibility that we will be able to beat WI, because as things stand, SL would be considered a stronger side than WI, and also WI are playing in our condition.

If our boys play like they did today, but with some tighter bowling, and better contribution with the bat from the openers, i am confident we will beat them, inshallah

Last edited by baisab; October 7, 2006 at 06:08 PM..
Old October 7, 2006, 06:17 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I agree that selectors will not risk dropping Ash against WI, but if we lose and Ash doesn't peform he's gotta be dropped against Zimbabwe. We should replace Rasel also. He picked up 2 wickets at the cost of too many runs and he's not very threatening to top quality batsmen. Whereas SL bowlers, especially Maharoof were fast and deadly. We can't replace Farhad, so if we are going to bowl him, we need someone to compensate for the pace and Shahadat is it.
Old October 7, 2006, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Rasel's a gun. We don't have a replacement for him. He's in another league to Shahadat who has a lot of work still to do.
Old October 7, 2006, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Win the toss and bat. Try to rotate the strike from the beginning. The problem is when we try to conserve wickets in the beginning, we totally forget about scoring runs. We scored 22 runs from the first 10 overs today and guess what 12 of them came from bye and legbye.
Old October 7, 2006, 07:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

I thnk if we bat 1st and make our score 240+ then there wud b a posibility, but remember u cant predict abt WI,
Old October 7, 2006, 08:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Miraz bhai, nothing to add but one. Agree with all.
Finish Mash's quota before over 40. His other name is becoming 'last over 16'
Old October 7, 2006, 10:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

keep the same team.i am happy with today's perfromance.let's hope that wi loses against sl in a big margin and wins against zim in a small margin. if bd can keep playing the way the played today,net run rate may become a crucial factor in the qualifying round and we may go through by better run rate.
Old October 7, 2006, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

provided that the wicket doesn't produce unexpected greenery, we may have a good chance to bundle them out fairly cheaply (early - mid 200's) given their vulnerability to spin bowling. i say we retain the same bowling line up - rajjak's becoming a personal favourite, and he along with rafique and a bit of hasan can cause trouble for the WI batsmen. i agree with most of you in that masri should not be bowled in the slog overs. i would also like to retain rasel: if we are bowling second, the evening moisture combined with his ability to swing it both ways might prove deadly. aftab could be effective under such circumstances too.

as for batting, i would really like to see ash get dropped. the guy has no idea about what the team wants from him. when asked to play his natural game, he gets the impression that the team wants him as a pinch-hitter. if that's what he thinks of himself, then i dont see why he should be opening rather than taking brain pills and napping at the hotel. 18/43 chasing 303 is unacceptable.

aftab and bashar's inconsistency is also getting quite irritating. these guys have enough experience to be able to put some value on their wickets. i'm not VERY worried about bashar - i'm sure he will bounce back in the next couple of matches - but aftab's cameo 30's are really getting on my nerves.

as long as we don't turn a batting wicket into a bowler's paradise when it's our turn to pad up, we should be fine. i have enough faith on the bowlers - they have kept things tidy before.

today's defeat was probably a considerable one - the margin hardly speaks of the difference between the two sides that were out there in the middle; however, it also shows that we can score big against tough opposition, even after not having had much match practice. if the batsmen can simply rotate the strike a bit more and score boundaries here ans there, and the bowlers can tidy it up a bit, we should be fine.
Old October 7, 2006, 11:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Again Ash in the team? Again Ash opening for the team? No doubt Ash is dragging down the team with his career. Sure its a gameplan to die no doubt about that.

Some people never learn.... the goal post start changing for Ash...hope against hope .... suddenly the super hero will rise from the ash....give him one more chance ... thukku no no one more chance please .... no no I think he needs another please....he has 'lisence to kill'.... kill what? Kill the chance of a win I guess. What a joke and a bunch of jokers.

Last edited by Fazal; October 8, 2006 at 12:09 AM..
Old October 8, 2006, 12:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

asif bhai had the best post i have read here in a while (and there have been terrific posts)

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 8, 2006, 12:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

i dont know if anyone noticed,both nafees and ash looked extremely nervous today.nafees looked very tired as well.i dont know what's happening with nafees.probably he is feeling the heat of the spotlight.for ash,i think the management should tell him that his place is secured in the opening spot for the next 10 games so that he can relax and do what he does best.this kid is simply over his head at this moment.no matter how experienced he is,remember he is only 22.it is very easy to throw someone out of the team.but it is very difficult to retain a quality player unless the whole team is behind him in his bad time.examples:mark taylor,atapattu.we lost rokon just because we handled him the same way we are handling ash now.
Old October 8, 2006, 12:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunniath
no matter how experienced he is,remember he is only 22.it is very easy to throw someone out of the team.but it is very difficult to retain a quality player unless the whole team is behind him in his bad time.examples:mark taylor,atapattu.we lost rokon just because we handled him the same way we are handling ash now.
For the millionth time bro, he is NOT 22.
He sat for his SSC exam in 1997, so go figure it out yourself.
He is a fully grown up man. enough of this "KID" brainwasher.

Behind him... but for how long?
2 good innings and we should be behind him the whole year around?

May be one last chance, against WI. Do or Die for him.

Agree with ATMR about Aftab. His cameo 30's are really gettin annoying.
Cameo is what we expect from Rafiq, not from Aftab.
Guess time has come for him to follow Ash's footstep soon.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 8, 2006, 12:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

1. Bat first if we win the toss.
2. No doubt Ash-Fool is going to fall within few overs.So, bring Sakib in one-down.After Sakib Bashar should come.Aftab and Farhad follow.
3. Never use Mash after 45 overs.
4. Bring Rafique early when pacers are not clicking.
5. And, Bashar uses some of his brain to take good decisions in the middle to use bowlers better.
Old October 8, 2006, 12:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
I just want to see a 250+ score if we bat first.
Got to agree with you on this one. But how come you were so unhappy with today's 265 and with the boy who made it possible (sans those who failed to produce)?
Old October 8, 2006, 01:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

After today's match I am more worried about our bowling performance than the batting. Our attack looked toothless, predictable and one-dimensional. Among the pace bowlers, only Mashrafee threatening occassionally. Surprisingly Rasel found no swing. And under 120 mph if he bowls similarly, Gayle and Co. would blitz him no doubt. Farhad simply lacks the height, pace or class to trouble any top order batsman. The spinners, esp Rafiq, bowled brillianly I thought. But in flat pitches, being finger spinners, their job is containing rather than striking. Shahadat has to replace Rasel against WI.

Rafiq/Razzak could be used as first change. Bashar needs to be more innovative with his field placings and bowling changes. Mashrafee could be used in 3 spells instead of 2, Bashar could keep mid-on and/or mid-off in the circle with the spinners on... etc etc.
Old October 8, 2006, 01:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyobreeze
1. Bat first if we win the toss.
2. No doubt Ash-Fool is going to fall within few overs.So, bring Sakib in one-down.After Sakib Bashar should come.Aftab and Farhad follow.
3. Never use Mash after 45 overs.
4. Bring Rafique early when pacers are not clicking.
5. And, Bashar uses some of his brain to take good decisions in the middle to use bowlers better.
Cricket is a game which is more inconsistent than any other. Your plan is based totally on today's results not based on who we are playing next! Why change batting order?
Old October 8, 2006, 01:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

On a flatter track, i think shahadat will be more expensive than Rasel. So i will go with Rasel for the next game.

In any case, our bowling at the end of innings need to improve. I think masri should bowl 2-3 overs at the end and not 4 overs. I thought Razzaq did a decent job in the last game.
Old October 8, 2006, 02:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudro
Cricket is a game which is more inconsistent than any other. Your plan is based totally on today's results not based on who we are playing next! Why change batting order?
Not completely on yesterday's result.Let me clarify little more -

1. After winning the toss, electing to bat first is safest for us.Considering our current condition, the best chance of winning might come when we put a defendable total and put pressure on the opposition.

2. Well..actually I wanted to change the batting order earlier.You know, these days Aftab is also off for a start and some quickfire runs.He consume less ball and score 30+ add runs.Isn't that more suitable for lower order than one down where we need someone to hang and rotate the strike?As we can never depend on Ash-Fool these days, quick departure of Aftab is really putting too much pressure on our Middle order.They have plenty of overs to play but top order completely gone.

3. Bashar in late order is rarely blooming to his best.

4. Don't you feel Rafiq is brought late into atttack these days?Earlier he used to be the first replacement.He should be used better.

5. I think you won't disagree that Bashar had very poor captaincy yesterday.I would like him to improve it and act upon the situation other then just doing the things as decided in the team-meeting.
Old October 8, 2006, 03:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

i just want to see shahadat in our best 11, he got the pace, he got the attitude and he is agrresive, rasel should be replaced by him. no other change required for WI match.

Last edited by nmhimal; October 9, 2006 at 03:05 AM..
Old October 8, 2006, 03:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

the last thing i want to see is Ash scoring in the match. It will give him another long run in the team which will definitely be not good for him and the team. i would love to see Ash scoring a golden duck and in the next match Mehrab scoring his maiden fifty!
Old October 8, 2006, 04:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Bowling: I am not sure whether to replace russel with shahadat. if WI has that many left handed batsmen as sl, then probably go with shahadat.

bashar missed a trick. when farhad was going for runs, why didnt he use aftab? i think aftab is a under rated bowler, he should be used more often. bashar cant think on his feet, he does everything predecided(or that decision come from someone else before the game). he is a poor captain.

Batting: still use ash as opener with HB as number 4. Sakib is better at number 5. Ash's confidence level is low, he should be pumped up to have a go. Bd cant afford to have him as anchor rather SN can be the anchor. Have a look at the bowling and then go after them, DONT GIVE THEM TOO MUCH RESPECT