facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 31, 2007, 03:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Exclamation preparation for SOUTH AFRICA's TOUR to bangladesh.

the newzealand tour ends at and 16 jan. and i am not in a mood talk anymore about the NZ cricket as i expect two more heavy innings defeat in the test matches.

now the SA home series starts on 22 feb . So there is 1 month time to get ready.

what to do ?

1. call around 30-40 cricketers who have done consistently enough in the ncl
2. let siddons have a good look at them and select the team.
the most important ... ...
3. organize some matches WHERE THERE WILL BE NO RUN COUNTED FOR HITTING 4's and 6's. singles, doubles and triples will only be counted. any4ay 4's will be counted when only fielder at deep misfields. otherwise fielder will let the ball go for 4 so that opponents dont get run.

Old December 31, 2007, 05:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

So instead of a Mash potato result,, we can expect an Alu Bhorta result,,, !! cynical, ahhh,, what happened to us today, Celucas!!
Old December 31, 2007, 05:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

We are playing SA next??.. o com on, this is just torture! Our cricket performance is poorer than what it was last year or pre-WC.
Old December 31, 2007, 07:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

We will get done by the Proteas much worser than we did by the Kiwis.
Old December 31, 2007, 07:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Playing South Africa who humiliated NZ who has just humiliated BD, What more torture than a team go through?
BD just does not have matured players(age wise) all young boys inc. teenagers and most of all
of cricketing experience. They should play more 4 day domestic cricket, score over 1500 runs in 2 years to be selected in the National team. Even their domestic structure is not that great. Bowlers should play at least for 2 years too and within that time take over 50 wickets. If that is the incentive, then BD will see more quality players in the National side.
BCB has to do something very quickly to rectify this situation.
Old December 31, 2007, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Playing South Africa who humiliated NZ who has just humiliated BD, What more torture than a team go through?
BD just does not have matured players(age wise) all young boys inc. teenagers and most of all
of cricketing experience. They should play more 4 day domestic cricket, score over 1500 runs in 2 years to be selected in the National team. Even their domestic structure is not that great. Bowlers should play at least for 2 years too and within that time take over 50 wickets. If that is the incentive, then BD will see more quality players in the National side.
BCB has to do something very quickly to rectify this situation.
datz a gud idea but den u vl b missin out on bd cricket 4 letz say da nxt 10 yrz.
Old December 31, 2007, 09:31 AM
Cricket Savant

the difference is both times away teams are humiliated. this time SA are away side.

but ... ....
Old December 31, 2007, 10:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
3. organize some matches WHERE THERE WILL BE NO RUN COUNTED FOR HITTING 4's and 6's. singles, doubles and triples will only be counted. any4ay 4's will be counted when only fielder at deep misfields. otherwise fielder will let the ball go for 4 so that opponents dont get run.
I like this! You might be onto something! All those booming drives will disapear and in will come soft hands and RBW.

We need sporting wickets in Bangladesh if we are to get our batters out from "stand and deliver" mode. Full stop.
Old December 31, 2007, 10:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Can you imagine dale steyn bowling against our boys? He's gonna have a field day, as if his birthday's come early...

I think the BCB needs to look seriously at how to get as many of our boys as possible playing in foreign leagues. This experience (in addition to A team and U19 cricket) will help the players develop a professional outlook and a method of playing in different conditions...
Old December 31, 2007, 11:13 AM
Cricket Savant

bangladesh A team has tour at ENGLAND

i think lot of the current team should be in that A squad
Old December 31, 2007, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
bangladesh A team has tour at ENGLAND

i think lot of the current team should be in that A squad
I agree! If the National team is not playing any international matches during this time, a few promising players should be in this team, but I think that they are touring australia who will massacre them the way they are doing with India now and as they have done with SL and NZ recently.
Old December 31, 2007, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

The difference is that BD have the huge home advantage (guyana conditions revistited)

We just got to have a strong top heavy spin attack, we need to prepare a good offspinner for this series, (mahmudullah riyad is the best option.)
Old December 31, 2007, 02:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshin
We will get done by the Proteas much worser than we did by the Kiwis.
95 chased in 6? can't get any worser than that...

as always, i remain upbeat.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 31, 2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
95 chased in 6? can't get any worser than that...

as always, i remain upbeat.
AB de Villiers and Gibbs is much more worse. They would have probably chased that in 4 overs or so.
Old December 31, 2007, 03:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

one simple solution... BOOT CAMP!
Old December 31, 2007, 03:48 PM
Cricket Guru

There will be hardly a month between the NZ tour and the SA series. Except for few days break, Siddons should be given the full stretch of time to work on our players.

I like the idea of calling thirty some players to the camp and let Siddons have a good look at them. May be we can reduce the squad to 20 members after couple of weeks.

Players I want to be called to the camp -

Openers: SN, NI, Tamim, Zunaed, Imrul

Middle Order: Ash, Aftab, Tushar, Alok, Mehrab, Nazim, Rajin, HB (this should be his farewell series).

Allrounders: Shakib, Farhad, Riyad

Keepers: Mashud, Mushfiq, Dhiman

Spinners:
Razzak, Enamul, Mosharraf, Rafique (this should he his farewell series too)

Pacers: Mash, Shahadat, Sajid, Talha, Mahbub (Robin), Rasel (hope he will recover in time)

Dollar will have to miss out because of his commitment to U/19 team. A big NO for JO to be anywhere near the team anymore.

I don't expect much from Talha, Mosharraf, or Robin, but those guys should get a look based on their NCL performances. Plus you need few extra bowlers in a camp.
Old December 31, 2007, 06:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

my 30 man squad would include a lot of youngsters not ready for national selection yet but could do with the coaching and to get them in that sort of environment. something like this (was pretty hard to cut it down tbh):

SN, NI, tamim, zunaed, imrul, gazi salahuddin, jahirul islam, nazmus sadat, ashraful, aftab ahmed, alok kapali, mehrab jr, nazimuddin, rajin saleh, naeem islam, raqibul hasan, shakib, farhad reza, riyad, nazmul hossain milon, mashud, mushfiq rahim, dhiman, razzak, enamul jr, rafique, mash, shahadat, sajid, rasel (talha to replace rasel if rasel can't make it) and any available youngsters e.g. rubel hossain, dolar, subashis roy, marshall ayub

that's a few more than 30 (if you include the available youngsters if there are any) and obviously alot of the players there wouldn't even make a 20 man squad just yet. but i'd take these players for a couple of weeks then cut it down to a 20 or 15 man squad.
Old December 31, 2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
the newzealand tour ends at and 16 jan. and i am not in a mood talk anymore about the NZ cricket as i expect two more heavy innings defeat in the test matches.

now the SA home series starts on 22 feb . So there is 1 month time to get ready.

what to do ?

1. call around 30-40 cricketers who have done consistently enough in the ncl
2. let siddons have a good look at them and select the team.
the most important ... ...

Another hair trigger genius taking up ISP bandwidth.

What makes you sure that if you cannot whether this storm the next one will be any better?
Old December 31, 2007, 06:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2k7
AB de Villiers and Gibbs is much more worse. They would have probably chased that in 4 overs or so.
most idiotic of statements.

gilly and afridi would have chased that in negative 20 overs.

see how stupid it sounds?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 31, 2007, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
most idiotic of statements.

gilly and afridi would have chased that in negative 20 overs.

see how stupid it sounds?
Of course that sounds stupid for various reasons. First of all, it's impossible to chase that in -20.0 overs. Second of all, the thread was about South Africa. Gilly and Afridi is not in the same team.
What I said wasn't idiotic because the way we were playing in that game South Africa could make it much worse than the Kiwis meaning they would most likely chase that in less than six overs.
Finally AB de Villiers + Gibbs is just as lethal as Gilly + Afridi.
Old December 31, 2007, 07:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2k7
Of course that sounds stupid for various reasons. First of all, it's impossible to chase that in -20.0 overs. Second of all, the thread was about South Africa. Gilly and Afridi is not in the same team.
What I said wasn't idiotic because the way we were playing in that game South Africa could make it much worse than the Kiwis meaning they would most likely chase that in less than six overs.
Finally AB de Villiers + Gibbs is just as lethal as Gilly + Afridi.
gilly and afridi most certainly play on the same team!

and why not saying that AB and gibbs can chase in a single over???

quit acting like 95 is routinely chased in 6 overs

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 31, 2007, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
gilly and afridi most certainly play on the same team!

and why not saying that AB and gibbs can chase in a single over???

quit acting like 95 is routinely chased in 6 overs
oh yeah and which team is that? Chasing 95 in a single over is impossible. When did I say that 95 is routinely chased. I was merely asserting that don't be too surprised if the Saffers manage to break the Kiwis record against us.
Old January 1, 2008, 01:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
my 30 man squad would include a lot of youngsters not ready for national selection yet but could do with the coaching and to get them in that sort of environment. something like this (was pretty hard to cut it down tbh):

SN, NI, tamim, zunaed, imrul, gazi salahuddin, jahirul islam, nazmus sadat, ashraful, aftab ahmed, alok kapali, mehrab jr, nazimuddin, rajin saleh, naeem islam, raqibul hasan, shakib, farhad reza, riyad, nazmul hossain milon, mashud, mushfiq rahim, dhiman, razzak, enamul jr, rafique, mash, shahadat, sajid, rasel (talha to replace rasel if rasel can't make it) and any available youngsters e.g. rubel hossain, dolar, subashis roy, marshall ayub

that's a few more than 30 (if you include the available youngsters if there are any) and obviously alot of the players there wouldn't even make a 20 man squad just yet. but i'd take these players for a couple of weeks then cut it down to a 20 or 15 man squad.
Although BD middle order is currently struggling in NZ, I still think selectors should stick with batsmen that are already inducted in the national team. Siddons should now have a fairly good idea what are the strength and weakness of Shakib, Mehrab, Tushar, etc and the break before the SA series gives him the opportunity to work on them.

So, I don't see any need to rush Raqib and Naeem in the national team set up yet. Those two came in the academy set up just last summer, and I think it will be better if they spend another summer with the academy. The A-team will tour England this coming July-August, provided those guys will be selected, the tour should give us a better idea about the quality of the players.
Old January 1, 2008, 01:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Although BD middle order is currently struggling in NZ, I still think selectors should stick with batsmen that are already inducted in the national team. Siddons should now have a fairly good idea what are the strength and weakness of Shakib, Mehrab, Tushar, etc and the break before the SA series gives him the opportunity to work on them.

So, I don't see any need to rush Raqib and Naeem in the national team set up yet. Those two came in the academy set up just last summer, and I think it will be better if they spend another summer with the academy. The A-team will tour England this coming July-August, provided those guys will be selected, the tour should give us a better idea about the quality of the players.
imo there's no problem with introducing them to national training camps, just don't select them for the 15 man squads yet. it's never too early for players to train under the best coaches in the country.
Old January 1, 2008, 02:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
one simple solution... BOOT CAMP!
then they will start playing twenty20 instead of odi
the boot camp makes them stronger only physically but they need to get stronger mentally.