facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

View Poll Results: Who is the best newcomer in this World Cup?
L Messi (Arg) 9 39.13%
Robinho (Bra) 2 8.70%
Podolsky (Ger) 3 13.04%
C Ronaldo (Por) 2 8.70%
Ribery (Fra) 7 30.43%
C Frabregas (Spa) 0 0%
Rooney (Eng) 0 0%
Someone else 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 7, 2006, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi
Default The best newcomer in this World Cup

Many new players caught my eyes with their spectecular performance. Who do you think is the best newcomer in this worldcup? Podolsky won the award for the best young player of this world cup. Do you agree? Here I tried to include all the players who played their first worldcup regardless of their age. If you don't find the one you are looking for in the poll, say his name and explain why you like him.

Old July 7, 2006, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Robinho was exciting....... and Messi was just too good whenever he played.... had to be one of these two
Old July 7, 2006, 07:19 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

lol what's Rooney doing on that poll?

It should Peter Crouch who played his heart out whenever he got the chance.

Robinho was great, in fact most of them were. Even C Ronaldo was very impressive, in spite of being a drama queen that he is.
Old July 7, 2006, 10:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Robinho and Messi got too little chance to dazzle. But even the small time they got, they glowed. From the list, I think Ribery is the best. Though Podolsky and Febregras come close second. I do agree with HB, Ronaldo is a drama queen - a show pony. He showed great skill for viewers and also for the directors of Europe. But for the cause of team - what he has done? How many crosses he made or movement that lead to goal. I think 0. So for me it is Fabregras, Podolsky and Ribery. Robinho/Messi might truimped them but we have not seen enough of them to prove the hypothesis.
Old July 7, 2006, 10:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Robinho and Messi got too little chance to dazzle. But even the small time they got, they glowed. From the list, I think Ribery is the best. Though Podolsky and Febregras come close second. I do agree with HB, Ronaldo is a drama queen - a show pony. He showed great skill for viewers and also for the directors of Europe. But for the cause of team - what he has done? How many crosses he made or movement that lead to goal. I think 0. So for me it is Fabregras, Podolsky and Ribery. Robinho/Messi might truimped them but we have not seen enough of them to prove the hypothesis.
Ribery is 23 so he was not considered as young player by FIFA, Ronaldo's Free Kick almost got Portugal leveled, he really is a gem of a player.
Old July 8, 2006, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Messi did not played enough in the World Cup to get the award.
He just played 122 minutes!!