facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2011, 03:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

http://cricket.yahoo.com/we-have-to-...egory_features

Watch the video. Should clear up what he really said.

Old March 13, 2011, 03:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

real123,

So you think bringing in proven failures like Alok is the way to go do you? if you were the selector, players like, Imrul would have been dropped and never seen again. To build a team, it takes years mate, especially when there's nothing to work with.

look, we will gradually improve and have been improving since the ICL debacle. If you think, all of a sudden, we are going start scoring like India, then wake up and smell the coffee buddy and be ready for more disapointments after the world cup and beyond..even if you had the Andy Flower coaching our players.
Old March 13, 2011, 03:54 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

I am not too worried about Siddons right now because it all rests with the players.
Also, it's hard to understand Siddons sometimes. I can only imagine how hard it is for our players. Compare Siddon's to Atherton, Atherton speaks clearly and yet, during the post match interview with our players, Shakib, Tamim, and (specially) Imrul were having a hard time communicating with him. That's something BCB will have to worry about AFTER the world cup.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Agreed.

Our players just need to perform as per their abilities, and hopefully that will take us to the QFs.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
I am not too worried about Siddons right now because it all rests with the players.
Also, it's hard to understand Siddons sometimes. I can only imagine how hard it is for our players. Compare Siddon's to Atherton, Atherton speaks clearly and yet, during the post match interview with our players, Shakib, Tamim, and (specially) Imrul were having a hard time communicating with him. That's something BCB will have to worry about AFTER the world cup.
To tackle communication problem because of English. We need to get our boys to speak English with each other. It will only help them improve. They will make small mistakes but their confidence will grow.

In an ideal world I wish everyone could speak Bangla so that our Bangladeshi brothers/sisters dont struggle when communicating with someone in English. But since English is used as common language they must get used to it.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:10 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

It took India FOREVER to get to where they are today. Folks don't realize it or refuse to accept it. They want their World Cup, and they want it now. We are number 9 for a reason. Yes, we beat NZ 4-0, they didn't do so well against everyone else they played against since then (aside for the WC now). We beat a WI-B side, big whoop. On OUR DAY we can beat anybody and that's the improvement so far and I am quite happy with it.

Next stage is going to be bring that much needed consistency we have been screaming for for the past 15 years. Still waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musholini
real123,

So you think bringing in proven failures like Alok is the way to go do you? if you were the selector, players like, Imrul would have been dropped and never seen again. To build a team, it takes years mate, especially when there's nothing to work with.

look, we will gradually improve and have been improving since the ICL debacle. If you think, all of a sudden, we are going start scoring like India, then wake up and smell the coffee buddy and be ready for more disapointments after the world cup and beyond..even if you had the Andy Flower coaching our players.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yep. Lets make tangible bitesized improvement. I think we need to be a bit more patient.

But I do worry about the pipeline of players tho. The next batch of Tamims and Shakibs will also have huge technical deficiencies that will take years to fix, but will we have the patient to grin and bear the likes of Shabbir, Anamul, Shubagotos failing for prolonged period whilst the coach fixes their technique?

The biggest problem in our criket is a lack of a peoperly functioning Academy/high performance plan. During last years tri-series bwteen BD A, SA A, and WI A team, the BD team spent 1 day preparing for it, whilst the other two spent a few months. The result spoke for itself.

The A team and academy players must improve their skill level following a repeatable, structured development plan, and not just playing a few match against foreign teams.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:34 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

After all this years and despite fans realizing the obvious - technical deficiencies - I am surprised BCB and the clubs not taking the right steps to attack those deficiencies in the club level or district level. Is it lack of will or basic cricket management know-how? We have had legions of coaches bring these same issues to the forefront, NOTHING, No action taken by the sports Governing body. I don't blame the players, It's BCB and their failure to provide basic training to domestic and top flight players.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:36 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

By the way, when did we last have an A tour or an under 19 tour or heck, domestic tournament?
Old March 13, 2011, 07:22 PM
Club Cricketer

is this counted as pessimism? Sounds like practical thoughts to me though.

Over optimism brings forth over expectations. And when those are not met comes the stones at team carrying buses. Maybe this is the way JS communicating with fans to stop doing such acts(just kidding)
Old March 19, 2011, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I knew I was right...it was all his fault that the players didnt look spirited enough. And the dismal batting display proved both players and the coach guilty....

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)