facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Will the Bangladeshi Team have a batsmen that averages 50+ in ODIs within 5 years time?
Yes 3 15.79%
No 16 84.21%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 27, 2012, 05:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Sohel bhaia you seems to be the person who has in-dept knowledge about our cricket but i still dont get it why do you belive bijoy will avg 50..in ODI its out of question IMHO, and i dont think so in test he can do that..to avg 50 in any form of cricket you need skill,Patience and talent combined..i dont think any of our batsmans have the patiences
I try to be thoughtful about my cricket and go to local matches but am neither an expert nor infallible.

Obviously I rate Bijauy VERY highly, higher than other players I also rated highly ever since I started my career here at BC. Some of them -- Mtin, Alk, Aftb, Nfis Iqbal, and to a LESSER extent Imrze, Imrl, Orin and Dhimn -- let me down. Others -- Shakib, Mushfique (batting only), Post-Salahuddin Tamim, Rubel and Nasir -- did not. Although I never thought they were crap, I've been pleasantly surprised by Riyad, Shuhash and nowadays Sunny. That being said, Shuhash has begun to disappoint.

On the other hand, genuinely crappy players like Glla, Rjin, Ribul, MS Shbho and now Nazimddin have never failed me.

So as you can see, it has been a mixed bag of prediction success and there is no reason why things should dramatically tilt one way or another.

I rate Bijauy and Shubhagauto very highly now with Bijauy even higher than Mtin, the one to have received my highest rating before he came along. I'm rating Hom at a slightly lower level at par with Alk, Aftb, and Nfis Iqbal before I was forced to give up on them.

Now, these guys can prove me right, or they may force me to write their names with a "" emoticon, but I love what I've seen in these guys over the last 2-3 years, and strongly feel each has what it takes to succeed at the highest level, and then sustain that success over time. Since they have either just started their ODI career and or would get a shot soon, I reckon they'll get those averages easily through sustained success. They have the intelligence, the desire, hand-eye coordination and the temperament to do just that. Bijauy especially is that special a player and we'll see him at his best soon InshAllah.

Now, I don't like using the "" emoticon any more than you enjoy seeing it in my posts, so I've become a lot more careful about my predictions. For example, I need more time before making any prediction of Shoummo, Munna, Shaujeeb, Shouraubh, Ratul, Shubhashish, KI Rabbi and Fazle Rabbi although from what I've seen of them with my own eyes, they all have tremendous promise because each appears a class apart in the domestics. I'm talking about at least 2-3 years of actual, not purely statistical observation here. Now I'm looking forward to observing Raju, Rony and Shoikot from the scapegoated U19s.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 27, 2012 at 05:38 AM..

Old June 27, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i wouldn't say dhiman has been a let down, had good showings when he played for the national team, hasn't had a chance since, he's been doing well in the NCL the last couple of seasons with the bat to.
Old June 28, 2012, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Wild guess:
Tamim
Anamul+
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiqur*
Mominul
Nasir
Sunny
Arafat Sunny
Rubel
Al Amin

Standby: Omi, Sabbir, Hom
Old March 21, 2015, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Wild guess:
Tamim
Anamul+
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiqur*
Mominul
Nasir
Sunny
Arafat Sunny
Rubel
Al Amin

Standby: Omi, Sabbir, Hom
jeez that is a pretty damn good wild guess.

I've looked back at this thread thinking about people's opinion about what the team could be and its obvious Sohel knew Soumya was a class apart from the start.

I agree we shouldn't go by stats alone in domestic cricket.