facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 3, 2010, 06:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

After playing in these matches and if he does well, Kapali might get a place in the ODI team for the Asia Cup, and maybe a place in the ODIs against England.
I still feel that he should not be dumped as some fans here think.
Anyhow, it is great to see these boys fighting it out for a place in the National team.

Old April 3, 2010, 06:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
IMO calling Kapali for the A team will be worthwhile specially in the one day games.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
It would be a good plan to call him.
But I doubt he would play. He is actually avoiding these opportunity against foreign teams.
Probably lack of confidence or he is aware about his present condition.
Old April 3, 2010, 07:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nur,Sabbir,Anam,Shuvogoto

Here is my 30 players who should be in the A team to play OD and 4 days game.
Batting
1)Marshall Ayub
2)Faisal Hossain
3)Rony Talukder
4)S. Nafis
5) Nafis Iqbal
6)Uttam Kumar Sharkar (Only OD)
7)Farhad Hossain
8)Aftab Ahmed (only OD, if he don't get pick for Test against ENG)
9)Shuvogoto Hom
10)Shamsur Rahman shuvo
11)Junaid Siddiki
12) Nazimuddin
13)Mefrab Jr

WK
14)Mithun Ali
15)Dhiman (only OD)
16) Shagir (only 4 days)

Allrounder
17)Alok Kapali (Only OD)
18)Sabbir Rahman or Mahmudul Hasan
19)Nasir Hossain

Bowlers
20)Talha Jubair
21)Ziaur Rahman (only OD)
22)S.Shuvo (if he dont get pick for ENG tour)
23)Saqlain shajib
24)Nur Hossain/Arafat Sunny
25)Shuvashis Roy
26)Shahadat Hossain (only 4 days, if he dont get picked for Eng tour)
27)Sajedul Islam (Only 4 days, If he is fit)
28)Dollar Mahmud
29) Enamul Haque jr
30) M.Alam Robin (If he doesnt tour Eng)
Old April 4, 2010, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am sure that Zunaid will be picked to be in Test squad against England. He did make a century against England. I can see Rasel, Aftab and a few others returning to BD after the 20/20s, so they will get a chance to play in the A team against SA and WI.
Old April 6, 2010, 03:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Bashar will be the manager for the academy team.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-07/news/54697

I feel sorry for those kids, Bashar should have been kept miles away from young ones
Old April 6, 2010, 04:24 PM
Cricket Guru

West Indies A Team vs Zimbabwe
Brandon Bess
Kraigg Brathwaite
Travis Dowlin
Shane Dowrich
Kirk Edwards
Assad Fudadin
Shannon Gabriel
Justin Guillen
Jason Haynes
Jason Holder
Imran Khan
Nelon Pascal
Shane Shillingford

http://www.windiescricket.com/index....C361342680AE3C
Old April 6, 2010, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Barbados all-rounder Jason Holder impresses former England coach Peter Moores

Quote:
Moores, who was in Barbados as Head coach of Lancashire County Club for a two-week pre-season tour, said he was impressed with the bowling of six-footer Holder during the six-team Twenty20 championship at Kensington Oval. It featured four English County sides – Lancashire, Yorkshire, Essex and Derbyshire – along with a Barbados Select and Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) Division 1 champions, University of West Indies (UWI).

Speaking in an exclusive interview during live ball-by-ball Internet radio commentaries by Caritech Media Solutions (CMS) on the final day of the War of Roses match on Saturday, Moores praised the 18-year-old Holder, saying he has “great bounce, nice rhythm, his own action and plenty of talent”.

Holder, who is also the national Under-19 team captain, played for Barbados Select in the T20 championship.

“I’ll tell you who did impress me. The tall, young lad, named Holder. He bowled really well, a bit of bounce and also like he loved it. He was keen and buzzing and he bowled very well,” Moores said in the wide-ranging interview with veteran cricket journalist and commentator Keith Holder.

“He has got to fill out yet because he is only a young man but he has great bounce, nice rhythm and he’s got his own action.

“But he got the ball to do a little bit and he bowled intelligently. You know, Twenty20 cricket, though it’s an aggressive form of the game, you’ve got to think on your feet. He did that. He struggled a little bit at the end when he had to alter things at the death of the innings but he will learn that quickly and he looks like a young man who really wants to move on in the game. He’s got plenty of talent,” Moores asserted.
Old April 6, 2010, 07:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
your stat is flawed.
Prove it... If you have the ability.
Old April 6, 2010, 08:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
1.No SN?
I don't think he can make the cut as a top order batsman (1-3) and we currently got better middle order options
Quote:
2.Will Rock will be eligible to play this match?I think it would be nice if we can make rock the captain.
Don't see why he should not be eligible for A-team matches, BCB only banned him from national team matches.
Quote:
3.I think combination of the opening batsman will be a tough job.Rony seems to be a better short version player but i am sceptic about his longer version ability.Yesterday i saw Rony Talukder he was scoring runs but i was not impressed with his technique.He mostly depends upon hand eye co-ordination.I expected more technique from him.Though his reflex seems good.I am sceptic about his temperamet as well.It seems to me Rony is better for short version.
How about trying with Gazi Salauddin(Seems consistent performer) or Nadimuddin Mithu of academy?Or even SN?Really i ll miss Jahurul Islam here.IMO it was better idea to prepare him for tests against England by playing A team games rather than just a name in T20.
Salahuddin's techniques are even more horrible, SN does not make the cut as a top order batsman in my book anymore.

I agree, Rony seems to be better suited for shorter versions. But currently, he is the only worthy opening option I see out there.
Quote:
4.I hope it will be a nice preparation game for Saqulain and Enam.
I also hope so. Otherwise, dozens of SLAs are awaiting to take their places.
Quote:
5.I have not seen Shuvasish how good is he?Is he better than Talha or Dollar?Or even Kamrul Islam?
From what I have seen of Subhashis so far, he certainly looks better than Dolar and Talha do. Kamrul is a defensive left arm medium pacer, he has no prospect in longer version matches to begin with.
Old April 7, 2010, 02:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Bashar will be the manager for the academy team.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-07/news/54697

I feel sorry for those kids, Bashar should have been kept miles away from young ones
That's a brilliant decision to appoint him as the manager.
Why do you think like that?
He is a very good person and had a controlled life style all through.
Old April 7, 2010, 12:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
West Indies A Team vs Zimbabwe
Brandon Bess
Kraigg Brathwaite
Travis Dowlin
Shane Dowrich
Kirk Edwards
Assad Fudadin
Shannon Gabriel
Justin Guillen
Jason Haynes
Jason Holder
Imran Khan
Nelon Pascal
Shane Shillingford

http://www.windiescricket.com/index....C361342680AE3C
There's a couple of names I was hoping to see there whom they haven't picked but they have a lot of talent in the West Indies at the moment. I can't wait to see how our bowlers fare against Kraigg Braithwaite. He's the future of West Indies cricket.
Old April 8, 2010, 02:41 AM
Cricket Guru

^^^ Imran Khan!
Assad Fudadin...wow! great to know these name.
Old April 25, 2010, 10:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Strong West Indies A squad to tour Bangladesh

Quote:
West Indies A have named a strong squad for their tour of Bangladesh, which includes two first-class games and a tri-series also involving South Africa A. Five players with international experience - Adrian Barath, Brendan Nash, Darren Bravo, Gavin Tonge and Lionel Baker - have been added to the squad which hosted the Zimbabweans till yesterday.

"The team played very well in the four-day match and the two T20 matches against Zimbabwe in Grenada," West Indies A coach Henderson Springer said. "This tour of Bangladesh is another opportunity for these young men to build on what they started.

"We will have some players joining the team who have already played at the international level - Nash, Barath, Bravo, Tonge and Baker - and the team will be able to benefit from their experience and knowledge. I am sure everyone will be trying to create an impression and get elevation to the highest level of the game."

The tour begins on May 4 with the tri-series at the Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium in Fatullah. West Indies A will stay back after the final on May 15 to play two four-day games against the hosts at the Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan in Savar. The first game begins on May 15 while the second starts on the 21st.

Squad: Travis Dowlin (capt), Adrian Barath, Lionel Baker, Darren Bravo, Odean Brown, Kirk Edwards, Imran Khan, Brendan Nash, Justin Guillen, Nelon Pascal, Shane Shillingford, Devon Smith, Gavin Tonge, Chadwick Walton