facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 29, 2012, 09:21 PM
Administrator

^ Article symptomatic of our depleted epidermis layer and our inability to accept and learn from criticisms. Much of the criticism of Pybus is valid but we should thank him and not ধিক্কার জানাই because regardless of how many finger are being pointed at how many people - the most pointed finger should be directed at the BCB. Perhaps shaming is the only way we learn? But, I know better. Look at our oft shamed leaders Hasina and Khaleda - shame has not stopped their partisan avarice.

Old October 29, 2012, 09:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
^ Article symptomatic of our depleted epidermis layer and our inability to accept and learn from criticisms. Much of the criticism of Pybus is valid but we should thank him and not ধিক্কার জানাই because regardless of how many finger are being pointed at how many people - the most pointed finger should be directed at the BCB. Perhaps shaming is the only way we learn? But, I know better. Look at our oft shamed leaders Hasina and Khaleda - shame has not stopped their partisan avarice.
lol, I think that's a poor attempt at sarcasm or the author is just confused.. either way it's hillarious
Old October 29, 2012, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
lol, I think that's a poor attempt at sarcasm or the author is just confused.. either way it's hillarious
Haha. On second read. You are correct.

Big facepalm for me. Very big.
Old October 29, 2012, 11:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

"Dhikkar" is good but "Tibro Ninda" janano is more indignant. Had a good chuckle reading the sarcastic article. Which paper is it from? The style suggests Pobitro Kundu, my favorite sports writer in Bangla.

Anyway, still no statement from Paps about us getting thrown under the Pybus (and deservedly so IMO). I'd be alarmed if that's a strident expression of cavalier and arrogant disregard. But it may also be the expression of genuine regret. If that's the case, then this silence may be interpreted as a good thing. The first step towards solving a problem is admitting to yourself that there is one.

Now making Nazza coach and captain would obviously solve everything.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 30, 2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Been busy...how goes it people? BCB

Independent TV just had Papon, Utpol and Faruque on for a panel discussion. Good God Pybus had some unreasonable demands, but more importantly Lotus was so sure of his messiah status he was willing to agree to just about everything, including allowing the debacle we witnessed over the past month.

Think from this point on, we're going to have to demand new coaches and the board hold contract signing ceremonies in front of the media

Papon said, Pybus basically wanted a policy where his leave was completely up to him - so not set dates or quantity. Whenever he or his family felt, he needed to go, he would go. It makes perfect sense, we didn't sign on to such a deal, but only for a second! Because the obvious thing to do would have been to tell him to hit the road....he was taking the piss out of the Board, the Team and the Country as a whole.

What a wanker
Old October 30, 2012, 08:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

What an article! who ever wrote it make him the coach, then he will feed our players fuchka, singara, hari vora panta vat with onion and kacha lanka, biriyani after the practice.... it will make them physically very strong and they will start hitting 6 of every ball. And forget about loitta, he is calling Tutul a skilled organizer. disgusting...
Old October 30, 2012, 10:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The alleged vacation demands, if true, are indeed absurd and unacceptable. That being said, Pybus negotiated the contents of the contract with Dr. K the BCB Prez but was offered something different and that too is unacceptable. Pybus is reputed to be a control freak who wants to be fully accountable in the process, and that's exactly what is needed for our national Team IMO. He actually tried very hard to sort things out. It's the interference from a entire league of ignorant morons that made him quit more than anything else. Of course club organizers would avoid honestly addressing that topic on national television. I just hope Paps makes no promises in the future he won't be able to keep.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 30, 2012, 10:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
The alleged vacation demands, if true, are indeed absurd and unacceptable. That being said, Pybus negotiated the contents of the contract with Dr. K the BCB Prez but was offered something different and that too is unacceptable. Pybus is reputed to be a control freak who wants to be fully accountable in the process, and that's exactly what is needed for our national Team IMO. He actually tried very hard to sort things out. It's the interference from a entire league of ignorant morons that made him quit more than anything else. Of course club organizers would avoid honestly addressing that topic on national television. I just hope Paps makes no promises in the future he won't be able to keep.
I didn't see all this whining from fans/ media when our useless chairman Lotus Kamal was the biggest control freak around. That's the kind of coach we need
Old November 8, 2012, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I remember watching a youtube video where Papon pledged to respond to Pybus, point for point. Are they then completely ignoring the matter and pretending it never happened? Come on Bangladesh cricket, if you can't entertain us on the pitch, at least make an effort to do so off it!
Old November 8, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

You are taking promises of a politician too seriously...
Old November 8, 2012, 01:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I remember watching a youtube video where Papon pledged to respond to Pybus, point for point. Are they then completely ignoring the matter and pretending it never happened? Come on Bangladesh cricket, if you can't entertain us on the pitch, at least make an effort to do so off it!
LOL.
This funny.
Old November 8, 2012, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Btw guys, I'd never post an entire article here (against the board rules) instead of quoting a small portion of it and citing the source, that is, if I had a source to begin with. I mean come on, "Bhaater buffet" - who writes that stuff in newspapers? Even KK wouldn't.

Sorry to disappoint you Brian Charles VII, I admit it was late and I was tired. Not my best effort.
Old November 8, 2012, 03:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Wait... ^^^YOU wrote it man?!?!? Wow...brillaint.

BOSS PLZZZ make it FP, if Atimar-da truly penned it.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles