facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 26, 2003, 07:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Schedule of the triangular series!!!!

April 11: India v Bangladesh

April 13: India v South Africa

April 14: Bangladesh v South Africa

April 16: India v Bangladesh

April 17: South Africa v Bangladesh

April 18: India v South Africa

April 20: Final

April 21: Reserve day

Old March 26, 2003, 07:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I have seen a member named "BCB" today. I wonder if thats some one from BCB. Pls response to this thread BCB of you are from BCB.
Old March 26, 2003, 11:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default So Soon?

April 11th! So Soon? I havent had enough time to recover from the World Cup battering.

Old March 27, 2003, 12:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Lets win this series and silence our crickets forever. I know we can do it.

GO BD GO !!!
Old March 27, 2003, 05:09 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default The tournament might not be held

According to BangladesherKhela.com, South Africa said to the BCB that if the Iraq War is not over within this month, then South Africa won't come to Bangladesh to play in the triangular series.
Old March 27, 2003, 05:35 AM
Club Cricketer

great...now the war is affecting cricket too...anyways,the results r predictable.
Old March 27, 2003, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
According to BangladesherKhela.com, South Africa said to the BCB that if the Iraq War is not over within this month, then South Africa won't come to Bangladesh to play in the triangular series.
That's a shame because War will not be over this month. War is FAAAR from being over.

What does war have to do with SA touring? BD is not involved. It's US and Iraq - and everything is normal in USA. I don't see Oscar getting cancelled. Basketball games are not cancelled either - infact they are showing all the mateches with war news "tickering" below.

Ppl should stop worrying and let US handle their job. It aint no World War.... Jottoshob Sagol Pagol.....

[Edited on 27-3-2003 by Orpheus]
Old March 27, 2003, 10:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default not cricket but...

but I was wondering precisely who gave US their current job? Is it their job at all? What does this imply? There are 10s of dictators out there with poor human rights record...does it mean that if you oppose USA and it so happens that you are a dictator you are in trouble?!?!? Does it mean that if you have the might you have the right?!?!? why do we need a security council?!?! Was this war necessary?! why did 90% of the world believe otherwise?! are they all fools?! did you even see the evidence Powell brought to the UN...it was ridiculous...world's most powerful spy machine and the best they could do was that!!!!! This UN is useless and I hope it goes the way of the dodos soon. For a second, come out of your comfort zones, try and feel what it feels like be Iraqi in baghdad right now!!!
I sometimes wonder about what moral right US has at all?! They are the only country on earth who have used all forms of weapons of mass destruction-biological and chemical (Vietnam) and nukes against civilian populations!!!!!!!!!! Their artificially created wars killed and miamed MILLIONS of people through out the world...their morals are warped and one-sided like their politicians...This war will cost at least another 10,000 at least...including iraqi soldiers and they are the victims too...they are simply defending their land! what would you do?!... against an occupation force that came half across the world...its all terribly unfair. This war was not on Iraq's choosing...it was forced on them...I hope Bush and his cronies burn in hell

sorry guys! I had to take it out...
Old March 27, 2003, 04:17 PM
Banned

"...burn in hell"

The world doesn't have that much time to wait. Especially the Muslims. How about burn somewhere in this world !!

Ok, now you guys don't start branding me a fund.

I say they bring back Messers Clinton !
Old March 27, 2003, 09:56 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default SA will come After All

Today's Bangladesherkhela.com and Prothom Alo said that South Africa will come to Bangladesh after all.

And yesterday's 2nd match between BD RED and BD GREEN will be held today as the national players were set to attend Tanveer Haider's Janaja.
Old March 28, 2003, 04:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

samia i hope if i'm wrong you don't get offended if i'm wrong but are you a female?
Old March 28, 2003, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

samia i hope if i'm wrong you don't get offended if i'm wrong but are you a female?
Old March 28, 2003, 07:29 AM
Club Cricketer

yeah im a female

[Edited on 28-3-2003 by samia]
Old March 28, 2003, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Today's Bangladesherkhela.com and Prothom Alo said that South Africa will come to Bangladesh after all.
Thank GOD!! Good for them! Finally they came to their senses.

Warning: OFF-TOPIC

pompous -
No one has to give USA their job. The fact that every other nation on this planet is pissed at USA makes the USA first target if they develop wepons of "mass-destruction". Also, that attack will not be through declaration or have any ultimatum like USA has given to Saddam but it will be through cowardice act ... like coming to NYC subway station with some Anthrax in the beard and rubbing it all over the platform or something like that. Iraq is a perfect example. A nation with a dictator who doesn't even care about his own ppl ..... and Americans - HAHA! Therefore, kill it before it kills you. Hell, even Hitler cared about his ppl and he is labeled THE VILLAIN for some odd reason.

I think it was fair that we told Saddam to step down or face the consequences. Also the first attack was due to some inside info on whereabouts of Sadddam - so they quickly bombed that presidential palace to get Saddam. Therefore the attack was on SADDAM not on IRAQ.

Anyways, THIS IS NOT A DEBATE!!! There are thousand of useless points made for and against the war - and I believe it's all over the net.

However, I completely understand your frustation. I do agree with you to some extent. USA tend to be hypocritical sometimes. USA should have obeyed the UN. This was a huge mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if WWIII happens by next 50 years or so. I do value the lives of Iraqis including the lives of American soldiers.

I do, however have problems with what Pundit said. I am in "SHOCK and AWE" by his comment. I don't know what he means by "especially the muslims"?? Let me tell you something, this war is anything but against Muslims. And pundit what is it that you speak of about "branding"????

Anyways, Here is a portion of my daily life:
Computer room to Class room - while walking - someone says "Asalamualaikum Brother"! I look up and it's the president of MSA at my school..

Me: Hey what's up...?
MSA: Nothing much
Me: (///I see a tag "no war" pinned to his jacket) - I see you are against the war?
MSA: Yeah brother, it's OUR duty! Innocent IRAQI civilians are dying.
Me: Well, I am so far neutral - don't really care. Do you think that by rallying you will achieve something?
MSA: Brother, it's not about achieving something - it's about standing for your religion.
Me: hmm
MSA: This war is against Islam - not against Iraq. Look all the Americans are protesting against it - and we are Muslims, we are not doing anything. It is our duty. Last time Daily News covered us on their second page and we were only 30 ppl there.
Me: Wow! that's really cool! alright man, gotta go to my duty - I have a class.
Salamualikum
MSA: Oakailumuzsalam

Now tell me if that isn't the most bull **** thing you had to hear. How a Muslim gonna say that it's a war against Islam while standing on a AMERICAN UNIVERSITY?? The fact that you are here shows it's not against Islam. The fact that you are rallying, talking against your government shows that you have the freedom and that it's not against YOU or ISLAM!!! If that guy was in Iraq, goodbye to your tongue!

Old March 28, 2003, 12:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
. Also the first attack was due to some inside info on whereabouts of Sadddam - so they quickly bombed that presidential palace to get Saddam. Therefore the attack was on SADDAM not on IRAQ.
yet neither saddam nor any of the high ranking officials of iraq have been captured or killed.instead 350 civillians killed till now.and if its not an attack on muslims, i dont know what is.what about israel and north korea? dont they have weapons of mass destruction too? but i dont see usa bombing them. saddam hadnt done anything to offend usa when they first started the talks abt disarming iraq.and if usa believes that weapons r not safe in the hands of saddam, then they have proved themsleves not worthy of owning any either.next we'll see bombs dropped in iran and pakistan "accidentally".
Old March 28, 2003, 12:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default off-topic again...

Well...I am Muslim...and so far as I understand Muslims are like the limbs of the same body....if one part hurts...
so I am definitely not neutral...
What has Iraq done to US anyways? Why this sudden sympathy for Iraqi civilians?!?! Not a war against Muslims?!?! not a crusade?!? May be not on the face of it....but US has never been so uneasy with all things Muslim....look at the list of countries which are on their watch list...all you need to rouse suspicion is look ïslamic....Orpheus you are right for sure about one thing....They need to do something coz a whole lot of people are against the US...especially the Muslims...are against them...but the right thing for US to do is not to try and "neutralize" the Muslim oppostion....Muslim opposition is not gonna just die away...its gonna get more tenacious...the best thing for US and honest thing would be to look at the cause of their grievances...the top of the list of which is Palestine...but I doubt the US admin has the guts to be just in that case...given the strong Israeli lobby in Washington...I bet the Zionist lobby is quite happy with the way things are going....
One can forgive the US if they have selective memory occasionally...they seem to have it ALL the time...
Someday I hope some will successfully "decapitate" the US government....and invade it in order to rid it of some perceived plague and liberate its people and in the process do a lot of "collateral inevitable damage" and pound washington and NYC with 5000 pound bombs and use "shock and awe bombing strategy" and terrorize the citizens and the children...Truth and fact are just matters of opinion these days...

No wait! I am being all delirious again! How can I question the good intentions of Christian Bush and Tony Blair....Blair who is so concerned about the humanitarian situation...his soft quivering voice almost brought tears to my eyes...
I am so grateful I want to send Bush a whole lot of pretzels...

Thats the last post from me on this issue..
Old March 28, 2003, 03:43 PM
Banned

Tehsin, since we are all emotionally battered after the wc, and that BD isn't playing currently, maybe you will permit all this nonsense over here ? Actually, ofcourse there is nothing wrong debating over this topic (war), so I hope to continue this discussion on the "non-cricket" section by opening a thread their...unless someone has already beaten me to it ! So, lets all herd over their, where the water is sweet, and the air is sweeter with Spring everywhere (not for James though) !
Old March 28, 2003, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Please move over to forget cricket....

to see the reply to your thoughts...

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/vi...d.php?tid=1225