facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 6, 2018, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees

You're nothing more than a 40 year old manlet
hahaha. Manlet. I gotta give it to you. You may not make any money for a 30 year old but you do know all the terms for a short man. Bravo!!

I also like your wishful thinking. If you gonna wish for something.. wish for a higher salary for yourself. Dont' wish for some random guy on the net to be old and short.

Old August 7, 2018, 12:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
hahaha. Manlet. I gotta give it to you. You may not make any money for a 30 year old but you do know all the terms for a short man. Bravo!!

I also like your wishful thinking. If you gonna wish for something.. wish for a higher salary for yourself. Dont' wish for some random guy on the net to be old and short.
Manlet isn't that funny, so quit backtracking. Besides, nothing wishful about you not being short or approaching 40. Dont put up a fake front idumb, people know who you are in this forum.

Anyways this is ridiculous. I'm asking you again to show me proof where I said 300k is impossible. You've got not credibility in this forum and I'm giving you a chance to back up that fat mouth of yours for once. Repeating the same one-liners isn't going to convince anyone otherwise you sycophantic git.
Old August 8, 2018, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

I guess it's put up or shut up then. The manlet retreats, prowling the forum to annoy once more.
Old August 15, 2018, 01:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Didn't we had a similar discussion on "buy" or "lease"?

+++
For what its worth, "BUY".
Old August 16, 2018, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Are condos ever worth it? I dont think so. Any condo owners here?
Old August 18, 2018, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

After checking out several open houses and setting up appointments on and off for the last 2-3 months, I'm ready to give up on real estate in NYC. Considering looking elsewhere like Philly.
Old August 19, 2018, 12:58 AM
Cricket Legend

yes it's hard to buy nyc real estate when 300k annual salary is not a possibility

One need minimum of 100k just to barely survive here (without any govt help)...

300k + to afford some **** hole in outerborrows (excluding brooklyn). Otherwise this income level ppl keep renting in brooklyn

Next income level at which some struggle not felt would be in 500k annum .. where u will feel u are doing not bad and can break into some old money strong hold.

a million yearly to feel u are doing well in this city.

this is the reality eventhough numbers may sound not believable to outsiders...

san francisco i hear is even worse ..

---

Three types of ppl are doing ok
1. those with Extensive govt help (but again no body normal would want to be in this group)
2. those who are property owners from multidecades... when things were affordable. they are living off of those now
3. those making money that many think are not possible but is infact are quiet norm... they are barely breaking in.

i have a colleague (yes young) whose household income is in 700k annually doesn't get board approaval for a co-op purchase for lack of assets.
Old August 19, 2018, 01:32 AM
Cricket Legend

I can tell you right now that data is dead wrong for NYC or I need to look at the break down to analyze that. Maybe they are counting co-op as well that fall in this "median house" category.
Old August 19, 2018, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

and the manlet has returned to pass off obvious statements as his own. And he's brought his precious yahoo finance with him. How grand!

I'm still waiting little man. Dont go hiding again.
Old August 19, 2018, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

This has been my expeirence for years in this site. First ppl write dumb statements.. (from lafck of knowledge and experience)...when i prove them they are dead wrong they come back and say my statements are obvious.

I am glad they are obvious. Because then it means i have penetrated some dumb brains finally.

And those name calling make you sound like a SORE LOSER. Such a wishful thinking on your part.

All the losers I encountered in my life wishes something negative for others instead of elevating themselves up. ..(no disrespecft to any old short man here haha..it's not really negative actually some of the most influencial leaders in history were short).

Loser mentality is like that - they think rest of the world is on similar boat as them. When they realize most ppl are not - it's hard for them to swallow. and they go pee in other ppls private properties as a form of revolt and unjust.

Keep on topic. If you can't don't write. I am gonna report you next time u go off topic and do name calling. 30 year old buira sounds like an uneducated 5 year old. This is the state of how kids are raised these days.

I ignored you multiple x . Learn to live being ignored. After all that's what a loser is expected.
Old August 19, 2018, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
that is a poor argument and doesn't factor in leverage. That is important in market like NYC/California.

If you put in 100K downpayment for a let's say 800k house. The percentage appreciation of the house is on the 800K not your 100k giving you a significan't leverage.

if house prices goes up 3% in one year (which is historically the rate at which it apprecaites annually for some market ). that's 24K apprecaition. But if you invest outside you would need to have 24% appreciation else where to get to that 24K.

That is called leverage and all the calculations never count that.

--

the queens house in my example... the house only doubled in value. But my initiall investment for that house would be 150K or so...I would need to have 500% return to catch up to waht I would have made with the house in 4 years vs only slightly less than 100% gain..
My english is poor and today I don't even have enough savings to buy a little flat in BD.

But I think there is something unclear about the 24% return:
-you invest 800k, 100k of your own money and 700k from loans.
-the price of house goes up by 3%, the value of your asset goes to 824k. Then according to you, your return of equity is 24% (24k/100k).

-the issue is that, you haven't deduce the interest rate you will have to pay during the first year for 700k loans...you are a brilliant and sucessful man, so you must know that when you borrow 700k from a bank, the total amount repaid is way higher (it depends on the interest rate and the length)

If I am wrong then don't hesitate to correct my mistake.
Old August 19, 2018, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This has been my expeirence for years in this site. First ppl write dumb statements.. (from lafck of knowledge and experience)...when i prove them they are dead wrong they come back and say my statements are obvious.

I am glad they are obvious. Because then it means i have penetrated some dumb brains finally.

And those name calling make you sound like a SORE LOSER. Such a wishful thinking on your part.

All the losers I encountered in my life wishes something negative for others instead of elevating themselves up. ..(no disrespecft to any old short man here haha..it's not really negative actually some of the most influencial leaders in history were short).

Loser mentality is like that - they think rest of the world is on similar boat as them. When they realize most ppl are not - it's hard for them to swallow. and they go pee in other ppls private properties as a form of revolt and unjust.

Keep on topic. If you can't don't write. I am gonna report you next time u go off topic and do name calling. 30 year old buira sounds like an uneducated 5 year old. This is the state of how kids are raised these days.

I ignored you multiple x . Learn to live being ignored. After all that's what a loser is expected.
All I'm doing is giving you a taste of your medicine. You wanna act like a village khet, I'm gonna treat u like a village khet. In fact, I will spell it out for you. I think you're pathetic. All you do is write bs nonstop, and when you get called out, you change the subject or stay quiet. That is pathetic. Case in point, you keep harping on about how I said 300k is impossible. And I'm calling your bullsh*t. Prove me wrong! It's as simple as that.

FYI you have some serious delusion of grandeur - for all your winner/loser talk, just know nobody here respects you (which I know matters to you). Despite your faux angry outbursts, you are and always will be a meek little man.
Old August 19, 2018, 06:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
All I'm doing is giving you a taste of your medicine.
You wish you can. You are cursing nothing else. There is no art in what you write.

Quote:
how I said 300k is impossible. And I'm calling your bullsh*t.
There is a whole thread discussing this topic. You linked it yourself. What is it that you want me to waste my time on? Now you want to deny everything when you realized what you sounded like and severely exposed.

Quote:
FYI you have some serious delusion of grandeur
Again this is not the first time, keep your google psychology degree to yourself. We all know you have many worthless degrees at the age of 30 that makes zero money.
Old August 19, 2018, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita

If I am wrong then don't hesitate to correct my mistake.
you are not wrong. calculation was simplified to show dramatic effect of leverage. Over short term when you flip and the price of house only appreciates par with inflation you will lose money..(there are costs associated with selling). But when u are paying montly (mostly the interest) u are doing that in lieu of your rent expense also which ofsets some of that becuase u would have spent that money on rent anyway for a living space.

if price appreciates like how it has been last 8 to 9 years in some market.. at a rate of somehwere between 20 to 30 percent each year. then the dramatic effect of leverage is in play.

My own mistake (poor luck) of not purchasing that 700k plus house 4 years go.. currently valued at 1.4million plus is an example where as my initial investment would only be 160k or so (and my montly mortgage for 4 years- but that's premium 'rent' of living at a much much nicer place and nice neighborhood) show that very well.. almost all gain is tax free as well.

Where can you invest some 200k and come up with more than half a million in gain in less than 4 years with much much LOWER risk than stock market? Being on the wrong side of hot real estate is PAINFUL. These are the simple risks/purchases that make u or break u early.

But you have to be in the right market also i must add.

the point is you can argue to yourself about renting vs buying and calculate all you want and come up with something very stable and safe...but sometimes a risk has to be taken after assessing a market ...and the ability to take this risk is what will separate u from the most of rest ppl. this thread has no asnwer.. buy vs rent argement is meaningless if not everyone is talking about the same market. In some market buying would be a baggage even if calculation of buying is cheaper than renting like in some places in usa... I hope that makes sense.
Old August 19, 2018, 08:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
There is a whole thread discussing this topic. You linked it yourself. What is it that you want me to waste my time on? Now you want to deny everything when you realized what you sounded like and severely exposed.
I never said 300k is impossible. This is you going off on a tangent and railroading the entire thread because you have absolutely nothing else to debate on. That was my point all along, and THAT is why I gave you the link. I was hoping you would figure it out for yourself, but you're a lost cause.

Quote:
Again this is not the first time, keep your google psychology degree to yourself. We all know you have many worthless degrees at the age of 30 that makes zero money.
Don't get mad at me because you grasp of the english language is elementary. There is no google psychology required (whatever that means) to know what a dangerous combo an insecure man with a bit of money is. And you wonder why nobody has respect for you?

You have no idea what I do or what I make, you are just convincing yourself that I make nothing so you feel a little better about your petty existence. Whatever it takes to keep the delusion going, eh?

In a couple of days you're just going to start arguing with someone else, shouting till you are foaming at the mouth, without proof or facts, just typing away, out shouting any voice of reason. Because after all, this has been your existence - for how many years now? - and will continue to be your existence for years to come.

And for this reason, I find you pathetic. You are not somebody to be respected, you're a cautionary tale on how being so close-minded and uncultured will inevitably lead to a sad life -- regardless of how much money you make.
Old August 19, 2018, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You have no idea what I do or what I make, you are just convincing yourself that I make nothing so you feel a little better about your petty existence.
haha. There is a reason I reply to you the way I reply to you and not like that to someone else. It's almost as if you are parroting what I have been accusing you of doing.

See the thing is it matters zero what you do or what you make - it's funny you havent realized it. You are analzying ppl that you have no clue about with your google degree and in process making a mockery of yourself nothing else. No one is pointing that out to you.

For example. You called me a short old man - when in reality i am a young early 30s..6 feet tall guy. that was an assumption on your part and it was in a serious post. What will prevent me from accusing you of being a minimum wage worker or unemployed even if it maybe far from truth? You see point?

The thing is I actually do not think being short or old or a minimum wage worker is anything bad. They are respectable if the man is to be respected.

But I am engaging with you...so the response will be that type.

Regarding 300K, read your first post after Din raat. You said a lot there. You know it doesn't even matter actually...it was repeated to show to expose your dumb assumptuous self about just about anything you write. Why is it so easy to call ppl names? call someone old or short or insecure or them having a sad life?? Do you read what you write?
Old August 19, 2018, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
haha. There is a reason I reply to you the way I reply to you and not like that to someone else. It's almost as if you are parroting what I have been accusing you of doing.
Yea pretty sure sportingbd, gman, jadukr, the guy who started this thread would disagree. But then you would just say the same thing about them. They are all wrong, you only behave like this with them and no one else. This is delusion at its best.

Quote:
Regarding 300K, read your first post after Din raat. You said a lot there. You know it doesn't even matter actually...it was repeated to show to expose your dumb assumptuous self about just about anything you write. Why is it so easy to call ppl names? call someone old or short or insecure or them having a sad life?? Do you read what you write?
What did I say exactly? Never once did I say it was impossible or that he couldn't do it. This is exactly why you are so annoying. THe guy who can't read, recall, or understand a post correctly accusing someone else of making dumb assumptions is not only moronic, but completely asinine. You lack so much self awareness, that I actually feel like I'm being punked. This is cartoonish level.
Old August 19, 2018, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Gman and jadukor are not dumb. I don't engage with jadukor similarly. Engaging with Gman is more fun because he has basic understadning of what he talks about.

unlike sportingbd and you.

i have no idea what the problem with the thread opener is and why he thinks i have a small penis for some reason...lol...

anywas yankee dada.. YOU WIN!! now take a rest ok?? Good bye. I am gonna go back lead my sad life.. you go back leading the winning one. DONE!!
Old August 20, 2018, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i have no idea what the problem with the thread opener is and why he thinks i have a small penis for some reason...lol...
Perhaps it has to do with your behavior and the outbursts? You know the saying, if it swims like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Call me dumb all you want, I don't particularly care what some caustic loud mouth thinks of me. I just hope you recognize your own delusion when you inevitably find yourself once again in a shouting match with someone else -- lather, rinse, repeat. Seriously, how many years of this has it been? Dont answer that, I dont want to feel sorry for you.
Old August 20, 2018, 12:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Oh thank god someone thinks i have a basic understanding here i was thinking i'm good for nothing

now that my insecurities have been comforted by the all-knowing, all-seeing, almighty genius of everything, i'll get back to work and wondering how on earth them moderators just just keep turning a blind eye. I've seen members get punished for lot less. any mods wana answer that?
Old August 20, 2018, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
you are not wrong. calculation was simplified to show dramatic effect of leverage. Over short term when you flip and the price of house only appreciates par with inflation you will lose money..(there are costs associated with selling). But when u are paying montly (mostly the interest) u are doing that in lieu of your rent expense also which ofsets some of that becuase u would have spent that money on rent anyway for a living space.

if price appreciates like how it has been last 8 to 9 years in some market.. at a rate of somehwere between 20 to 30 percent each year. then the dramatic effect of leverage is in play.

My own mistake (poor luck) of not purchasing that 700k plus house 4 years go.. currently valued at 1.4million plus is an example where as my initial investment would only be 160k or so (and my montly mortgage for 4 years- but that's premium 'rent' of living at a much much nicer place and nice neighborhood) show that very well.. almost all gain is tax free as well.

Where can you invest some 200k and come up with more than half a million in gain in less than 4 years with much much LOWER risk than stock market? Being on the wrong side of hot real estate is PAINFUL. These are the simple risks/purchases that make u or break u early.

But you have to be in the right market also i must add.

the point is you can argue to yourself about renting vs buying and calculate all you want and come up with something very stable and safe...but sometimes a risk has to be taken after assessing a market ...and the ability to take this risk is what will separate u from the most of rest ppl. this thread has no asnwer.. buy vs rent argement is meaningless if not everyone is talking about the same market. In some market buying would be a baggage even if calculation of buying is cheaper than renting like in some places in usa... I hope that makes sense.
Thanks.
You are right about the leverage effect and the value of a house as a lower risk investment.

To answer to the initial question, I think it is more profitable to buy (if we have the financial ability) if we are sure to stay more than 4 or 5 years in the city.

I am planning to buy a house before june 2020, value of the house, around 300k, my investment 50/60k.
Old August 20, 2018, 02:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita

I am planning to buy a house before june 2020, value of the house, around 300k, my investment 50/60k.
awesome. where? thanks for sharing. I think you are making an excellent choice.
Old August 20, 2018, 03:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
Oh thank god someone thinks i have a basic understanding here i was thinking i'm good for nothing

i'll get back to work
yes basic. and poor risk tolerance for ur age. Don't take it too personally, you can take it as constructive criticism.

I see how u think from ur virtual portfolio after so many months. u made some 20 transaction and the amounts of it are so surprising....and u are at dead last.. you couldn't even topple that sportingguy who has no clue what he is doing.... ZERO. it;s like an emotional wreck trading stocks.

Here i found the link:
https://www.marketwatch.com/game/banglacricket-legends

SP in that time frame returned 8% or so FYI.
Old August 20, 2018, 04:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yeah sp500 made 7.9% nasdaq 13% and dow 3%. What's your point? You literally day traded a few gains and left it as is. One trick pony.

Man i don't have the bandwidth for you anymore. You win, now go die in a hole while no one gives dam.
Old August 20, 2018, 04:07 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Guys Aretha Franklin just died this month....

Anyways I bought my last house for about 250k USD. It was a 250 Sqm house. I think some of you that live in the US could think of investing in Asia and especially in Thailand. The market is comparatively so much cheaper and with 400k-500k you can own a luxury apartment/house and live like a king :-) The loan rate on average is about 6%. I don’t know how that compares to US or elsewhere.