facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 1, 2018, 07:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Buy New Car or Old car.

ok I don't have to buy a car. But since all of you yahoo finance article readers on this forum love talking about these, why not open a thread ? Waiting to pull out my superior math skills and superior observational skills and judgement to put rest of you in shame. Like always!

Old August 1, 2018, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

I don't buy my cars based on financial return/loss.

As Jeremy Clarkson said "Test drive the car, if it puts a smile on your face, buy it"
Old August 1, 2018, 07:31 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
ok I don't have to buy a car. But since all of you yahoo finance article readers on this forum love talking about these, why not open a thread ? Waiting to pull out my superior math skills and superior observational skills and judgement to put rest of you in shame. Like always!
You should buy either a new or an old calculator first
Old August 1, 2018, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
I don't buy my cars based on financial return/loss.

As Jeremy Clarkson said "Test drive the car, if it puts a smile on your face, buy it"
well putting a smile cost money. Last time you posted about your/your parents car I distinctly remember it being a used ?luxury car. Whats the point in that?

I can appreciate ppl buying used durable car not to waste money but I don't get buying used luxury car. There is nothing luxury about an used car.

anyways, I only buy new. And will always buy new. reliable and safer and smart.
Old August 1, 2018, 09:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Purely financial reason..

A car looses most of its value in the first year... So if buying a used car, buy a year old car..

Also note: make sure the mileage is not too high from just a year of driving (20K is average in North America, more than 35K would be a NO)

Do not buy a car that was used for Rental service. Usually those are not well taken care of.

Of course every car is different, a 1 year old german car is not the same as 1 year old Korean car.
Old August 1, 2018, 09:58 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I leased a car before. Not a wise thing to do. Like Brother Tonmoy said, better to buy a year or two old car with low mileage. But who doesnt like to drive a car with zero mileage and have that fresh new car smell
Old August 1, 2018, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

if you buy used, check the mileage. With new cars, you get reliability and the peace of mind that your car is not likely to break down in the middle of the highway. Whether that's worth the price tag depends entirely on you.

But hey, this thread isn't about deciding between new vs old, it's about an insecure little man overreacting to a couple of memes. "Superior" indeed
Old August 1, 2018, 02:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Neither! I have been hitching rides for yeaas! If noone wants to give a ride, I walk or take the bus!
Old January 11, 2019, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Do you guys think gasoline cars will lose their value faster in the next 5 yrs due to the emergence of electric cars? Or given that cheap gas is here to stay and tax benefits offered to electric car owners is about to expire will level the playing field?
Old January 11, 2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Do you guys think gasoline cars will lose their value faster in the next 5 yrs due to the emergence of electric cars? Or given that cheap gas is here to stay and tax benefits offered to electric car owners is about to expire will level the playing field?

The future. They need to fix the kinks... but that will happen. I can see EVs becoming really mainstream in 10 years. We'll likely see Honda and Toyota flood the market.

Question is, will electric cars be inherently as reliable (longevity wise) as gas powered 1997 toyota camrys? Imagine the number of lemon electric cars in used car lots. I would go for a gas driven car vs electric in that case any day of the week.

Old January 14, 2019, 02:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Question is, will electric cars be inherently as reliable (longevity wise) as gas powered 1997 toyota camrys? Imagine the number of lemon electric cars in used car lots. I would go for a gas driven car vs electric in that case any day of the week.
I think EVs in general will be more reliable than ICE vehicles because there are less components.

And agreed, EVs are the future. From an engineering POV, EVs are more efficient (a lot of the energy created by ICE are wasted), there are less parts, they are way quieter, and you get instant max torque. And then you also have the environmental factor and the $ factor in electricity being cheaper than gas.

As for the question the thread poses: buy an used car that will increase in value.