facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2012, 05:16 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Need to drop deadwood

Yesterday's game was a perfect illustration why we manage to snatch defeat from the jaw of victory.

In older days we used to be critical of Habibul Bashar for being his super conservative attitude. Any other team in the world probably would have put 8-9 people in the circle after Pakistan lost 7 weekets. Instead Musfique went for containment and ended up conceding way too many runs. We need somebody much more aggressive as captain. Somedays we will lose ugly but we will win much more frequently. I don't think Shakib is the answer. With Tamim's natural aggression, he might be the answer.

Players like Razzak and Mashrafe batted without common sense. This is not the first time when Razzak has done that. It is understood that Razzak and Mashrafe are mainly bowlers but that is no excuse.

Mashrafe showed once again that he is a choker when it comes to bowling at death. With his minimal pace, he is pretty much worthless.

Mahmudullah really has no business being in playing 11. If not for the silly politics that cost Shakib and Tamim to lose captaincy/vice-captaincy, he would not have been in the team.

I am pretty convinced that a drastically different playing 11 will give us much better chance of winning

out - Mashrafe, Razzak, Mahmudullah
in - Nazmul, Sunny, Anamul
Captain - Shakib

Old March 12, 2012, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellu
Yesterday's game was a perfect illustration why we manage to snatch defeat from the jaw of victory.

In older days we used to be critical of Habibul Bashar for being his super conservative attitude. Any other team in the world probably would have put 8-9 people in the circle after Pakistan lost 7 weekets. Instead Musfique went for containment and ended up conceding way too many runs. We need somebody much more aggressive as captain. Somedays we will lose ugly but we will win much more frequently. I don't think Shakib is the answer. With Tamim's natural aggression, he might be the answer.

Players like Razzak and Mashrafe batted without common sense. This is not the first time when Razzak has done that. It is understood that Razzak and Mashrafe are mainly bowlers but that is no excuse.

Mashrafe showed once again that he is a choker when it comes to bowling at death. With his minimal pace, he is pretty much worthless.

Mahmudullah really has no business being in playing 11. If not for the silly politics that cost Shakib and Tamim to lose captaincy/vice-captaincy, he would not have been in the team.

I am pretty convinced that a drastically different playing 11 will give us much better chance of winning

Captain - Shakib
Ive got a better idea. Lets sack the whole team? Im sick of these constant changes everyone expects. We need the same team to work and click as a whole.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Some say doing the same thing and expecting different results is sign of insanity. What this team lacks is accountability.
Old March 12, 2012, 08:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Lotus er nati nato?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 12, 2012, 08:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

I agree with some points but you cant just drop Mash and lalla for their batting. I mean they are good bowlers and I dont see any of sunny, abul hasan, arafat, babu, ...... being able to bowl good overs during the PP period.

And about the idea of attacking the batsman, I dont think Gul is a batsman who will defend or play sensibly, he will attack and you will defend. Mushy is a good captain, he knows what he is doing
Old March 12, 2012, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

This is probably the best squad that we could have come up with given the available resources - keyword squad, not XI. Nazmul is a must in the XI and had Rubel been fit, he would have made the cut. No one needs to be dropped - we just need to give these guys a smack on the head and tell them to man up. We need a fit Mashrafe to open the bowling and we need Razzak in our plans - he isn't as bad in the shorter formats as many people make it sound like.
Old March 12, 2012, 09:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellu

Captain - Shakib
Everyone knows Mashrafe bowls terribly at the death I was surprised that Mushy still let him bowl the last over. And WHAOW!!! Just cuz Mash had 1 bad game & got out playing a no-brainer shot. You want him out. Get REAL. Mashrafe is returning after 11 months & more importantly other than his poor death over bowling he was the most economical bowler. Shafiul,Razzak went for runs. Mashrafe didn't. Only those last 2 overs spoiled it. -__-
Old March 12, 2012, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
This is probably the best squad that we could have come up with given the available resources - keyword squad, not XI. Nazmul is a must in the XI and had Rubel been fit, he would have made the cut. No one needs to be dropped - we just need to give these guys a smack on the head and tell them to man up. We need a fit Mashrafe to open the bowling and we need Razzak in our plans - he isn't as bad in the shorter formats as many people make it sound like.
Agreed. Like I've said before, I like the squad since they've gotten rid of deadwoods such as SN, Naeem, and Alok. I believe the team now has no deadwoods. For now, this is the best squad we have. We'll find out soon if Nazim and Jahurul are here to stay or just pretenders.
Old March 12, 2012, 09:39 AM
Administrator

I agree with the above two. It was a good squad - and the team did NOT try to go for honorable defeat. One bad over and two brain farts is all it took. This was a defeat which hurt more, but how often do we get to a winning stage. A few adjustments with the pace department and batting order (I really cannot think of any batsman not in the 15 who should be in).
Old March 12, 2012, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

get rid of mash? u kidding me, right? i admit that he sucks at death overs but he played really well in his 1st spell. did u see how tight he kept things?
Old March 12, 2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

Mash is the best bowler we have, and its not in his speciality to bowl in the depths

For example, malinga is not AS effective in the first few overs as he is in the death.

All mash needs to do is to finish his quota b4 the 45th over. The rest are upto bowlers like shak, nazmul and lalla
Old March 12, 2012, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Mashrafe's first spell was tight, but there was maybe only one (two at the most) wicket-taking deliveries in that spell. I fear he's just a containment bowler. Are there any seamers in Bangladesh who actually take wickets? Do we have any (potential) Umar Guls, Brett Lees, Stuart Broads, Zaheer Khans, Dale Steyns?

The fact that Shahadat Hossain is considered a wicket-taking bowler gives me the shudders.
Old March 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Mash is the best bowler we have, and its not in his speciality to bowl in the depths

For example, malinga is not AS effective in the first few overs as he is in the death.

All mash needs to do is to finish his quota b4 the 45th over. The rest are upto bowlers like shak, nazmul and lalla

Right agree with you.

Knowing that how come our players, captain not learning still let him bowl in last 5 overs, this is not the first time it happen.
Old March 12, 2012, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I don't think we have any strike bowler amongst the pacers in the squad and in the reserves. Mash will likely need some time to revive any of his penetrative powers (if he does at all), Nazmul is just another good containment option (a very good one at that), Shafiul is as inconsistent as one can get, Shahadat is Shahadat and the reserves are Shahadats.

Rubel has the potential, but isn't anywhere close. We'll see.
Old March 12, 2012, 12:19 PM
BC Editorial Team

Drop Razzak for Sunny. Shafiul for Nazmul. We can afford only one out-of-control seamer in the side.
Old March 12, 2012, 12:22 PM
Banned

lalla needs to get more revolutions on the ball..and I dont think sunny will do a lot of damage with his flighted deliveries against India's WC batsman
Old March 12, 2012, 05:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Tora jae jai bolish bhai, amar Amanul chai.
Old March 12, 2012, 05:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Tora jae jai bolish bahi, amar Amanul chai.
did you made typo and wanted to put Ashraful
Tora jae jai bolish bahi, amar Amanul Ashraful chai

Just wanted to clarify
Old March 12, 2012, 05:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
did you made typo and wanted to put Ashraful
Tora jae jai bolish bahi, amar Amanul Ashraful chai

Just wanted to clarify
Shhh.... that word is banned for me.... Rabz will be mad.