facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

From Cricket getting national tv coverage to this >> https://www.facebook.com/USACA.org/p...86942531324992

LOL, Facepalm, SMH, so many other things.

Old October 16, 2012, 12:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Cricket is all about the British Commonwealth ghetto and will never catch on in the US beyond the Desi community. In fact, I see it catching on more in China if it becomes an Olympic sport before it becomes a part of the popular physical culture in the US of A. Minor sports likely to be more popular than cricket in the US forever:

1. Women and Men's Soccer.

2. Lacrosse.

3. Roller Hockey.

4. Arena Football.

5. The trampoline basketball thang.

6. Water Polo.

7. Beach Volleyball.

8. Ultimate Frisbee.

9. Women's Softball.

10. Roller Derby.

11. Bowling (some call this game a sport).
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 20, 2012, 12:22 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
From Cricket getting national tv coverage to this >> https://www.facebook.com/USACA.org/p...86942531324992

LOL, Facepalm, SMH, so many other things.
USACA suspends Kenwyn Williams

If you had the chance to read that sensational thread on FB... if you didn't, well you missed out on one free show!
Old April 1, 2014, 11:45 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Just checked the schedule. ESPN 2 will indeed show the WT20 Final LIVE (Sunday, 6 AM PST). This will be the first time, EVER cricket will get national coverage in the US. Last time ESPN 2 showed a shorten replay. This time it'll be live. So that's a big jump! This is huge! Make sure you get up and watch it on your LED TVs, in HD. No more chora links.

What you guys think? Will it get at least 2 mil views?
Old April 1, 2014, 11:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
ESPN2 showed the entire wcT20 this year and the last time. This is not the first.
PS - that is how I have been watching the entire tournament.
You are talking about ESPN 3/ESPNWATCH app. Not ESPN 2. ESPN 2 never showed cricket. Except last WC final crappyly edited 3 hour game cramped into an hour slot. This time it's live and already slotted take up 3 hours of programming.

Edit: what happened to your post?
Old April 2, 2014, 01:25 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
J
What you guys think? Will it get at least 2 mil views?
more then 2 mil, india will surely make it to the final and with the number of indians in the US it'll get many views
Old April 2, 2014, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You are talking about ESPN 3/ESPNWATCH app. Not ESPN 2. ESPN 2 never showed cricket. Except last WC final crappyly edited 3 hour game cramped into an hour slot. This time it's live and already slotted take up 3 hours of programming.

Edit: what happened to your post?
Yes, after I posted my comment I realized what you meant. You caught my post while I was in the process of deleting.

You are right - this is good for cricket here.
Old April 2, 2014, 09:54 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
more then 2 mil, india will surely make it to the final and with the number of indians in the US it'll get many views
I hope you're right but I highly doubt it. If it worked liked that the World Series would have higher ratings since it's suppose to be America's "pastime". Only 14 mil watched the last WS. Heck only 1/3 of the country watch the Super Bowl. By that account, I'd happy if WC final cracks 1 mil. But I don't think it'd be as high as 2-3mil. If it does, ESPN will go nuts.
Old April 2, 2014, 11:27 PM
Cricket Sage

The timing is not good. If it was later in the day we might gotten some extra people. In west coast it will be at 6 am. I doubt too many will be up watching ESPN that early in the morning.
Old April 3, 2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
The timing is not good. If it was later in the day we might gotten some extra people. In west coast it will be at 6 am. I doubt too many will be up watching ESPN that early in the morning.
But in East Coast, it will be breakfast time. Sunday morning cricket ... nice way to get started!
Old April 5, 2014, 01:24 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
After learning that the 10 most highly viewed Internet streams on its Internet-only network ESPN3, were of cricket matches, regularly beating out college football and basketball, executives considered putting it on TV. On March 30, 100,000 viewers tuned into the ESPN3 stream of an India-Australia match at one time, which is more than an average audience, the network said.

While it might take some educating to make U.S. viewers more familiar with wickets and hitting a sixer, ESPN said the average U.S. cricket fan is young, highly educated and has a median household income of $75,000, which should appeal to advertisers.

(...)

ESPN has been trying to woo Madison Avenue by hosting events such as a viewing party for the India-Pakistan match at Hearst Tower in Manhattan attended by ESPN president John Skipper. But it still faces an uphill battle with advertisers like Hyundai, which said it has to do more research before investing.
Source

You know it's on, when they start doing research and generalizing the audiences. This means business. Hopefully millions tune in this Sunday.

As unhappy as I'm about WI not making it, US missing out on watching Gayleshow and yet another SL-IND match-up, I hope it's a close, nail-bitting, intense game.
Old April 5, 2014, 06:28 AM
Cricket Sage

^ At this point Kholi show > Gayle show. Gayle had a really disappointing tournament for his standard. If he clicked against SL, they would have been in final for sure.

I converted one of my colleague into a cricket fan. He is a huge baseball fan,so he was curious to learn the rules and how the game is played. It also helped that some of the games were on ESPN streak for the cash contest. He followed both of the semifinals with me on cricinfo and understood everything. He told me he will watch the final on ESPN 2 tomorrow. So 1 down, millions more to go.
Old April 5, 2014, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Dillu wen is MLC happening? Wen that gets going then whole of US will start watching cricket dont you worry about that. I heard Wiz Khalifa is making a team in Colorado so he can sell weed to his fans yo !
Old April 5, 2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
^ At this point Kholi show > Gayle show. Gayle had a really disappointing tournament for his standard. If he clicked against SL, they would have been in final for sure.

Gayle is no Gayle anymore. He seems think like Mushy now days! The way he played against Bangladesh, he did the same against the mighty Lankan bowling which was a Ashfool thing to do IMO.

You can come back strongly against a weak bowling attack, but it's not easy against a bowling attack like the Lankans. You have to have control over bowlers, otherwise they will get on you...you play few dot balls...then go for big shot...then the likes of Dilshan catch you...
Old April 5, 2014, 09:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I just think the new viewers would've enjoyed watching the explosive Caribbean team more than bunch of slow and short dudes of the subcon.

Haven't really seen any ads or anything on ESPN or Cricinfo. Hopefully they at least mention on SportsCenter tonight
Old April 5, 2014, 10:43 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
I just think the new viewers would've enjoyed watching the explosive Caribbean team more than bunch of slow and short dudes of the subcon.
i doubt any new viewers will come..i am sure 95% of the viewers will be sub cons
Old April 6, 2014, 10:10 AM
Cricket Sage

What a boring game. I was hoping for at least 170-180 run chase. If Kholi got more strike they would have scored 160 for sure.