facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 20, 2012, 08:13 AM
Banned

Default Please, allow only 4 foreign players in every BPL match for each team instead of 5 ..........

In order to-
1.Give our players and young guns more chance to prove their talent.
2.Give them more opportunties to learn.
.................................................. .......................

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Old December 20, 2012, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cric Boss
In order to-
1.Give our players and young guns more chance to prove their talent.
2.Give them more opportunties to learn.
.................................................. .......................

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
If we permit only 4 players per team in that case league will be lusterless. We can do it after 3/4 years.
Old December 21, 2012, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
If we permit only 4 players per team in that case league will be lusterless. We can do it after 3/4 years.
i dont think so...look at DG: if u have foreigh T20 stars like Afridi,Wright,Dilshan,Malinga then why should u take stevens,o shah etc. As a 5th foreign player to prove ur league International quality?and DG have local players like Sakib,Anamul,Ash,Mash .
Also same to the other BPL teams.....look at their squad.
Look at IPL,SLPL,BBL .

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old December 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

IMO it's a great idea to take 4 foreign players in the XI. BCB also should make rules to take age groups players compulsory to give the chance youngsters. This is how our young players have experience to play competitive cricket and they have the opportunity to adjust in higher level of cricket.
Old December 21, 2012, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Does BCB have the guts to make it 4 foreigners? Probably not. They ll worry about the entertainment value, and i bet tournament organizers will influence them, because they really dont have much obligation towards developing cricket in the country. I bet owners will also take pride in fielding big name foreigners over local talent.

At the end guys like Trego, Samuels, etc will end up batting in top 3, and bowl their full quota of 4 overs. All the teams will have 2-3 players who are just there to fill the numbers.
Old December 22, 2012, 01:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Why 4? Why not 5 or 3? It's about time we stopped copying the IPL -- it's getting embarrassing as it is. From the name of the tournament to the auction to the cheerleaders -- everything has been blatantly copied from the pathetic IPL.
Old December 22, 2012, 01:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cric Boss
i dont think so...look at DG: if u have foreigh T20 stars like Afridi,Wright,Dilshan,Malinga then why should u take stevens,o shah etc. As a 5th foreign player to prove ur league International quality?and DG have local players like Sakib,Anamul,Ash,Mash .

Owais Shah is one the best T20 batsmen in the world. Check out his stats. He's certainly better than Afridi right now. When was the last time Afridi played a match winning knock?
Old December 22, 2012, 02:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Why don't we make it a bit more interesting ?
Each team plays 6x2 = 12 Group matches.
7 matches, they can play 5 overseas players while the rest 5 will have four.
Let the team management decide which 7 is more important to them.
How they play their card and formulate their strategy will be very crucial which could alter the final scenario at the end of the group stage.

Semis and Finals ?
The team management will have to decide before the game and submit to the tournament committee and be stuck with that format till the final, whether its 6+5 or 5+6.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 22, 2012, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

^ then the entire tournament might fall apart. We have seen a nightmare for deciding semifinal spot in BPL 1...you add a bit more complexity, BCB or even any teams might get lost very easily.
Old December 22, 2012, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

If there were some top class superstars then I can justify 4 foreign players. Look at Top 10 T20 batting, bowling and all rounder, almost all are missing...so we needed to play 5. Once the tournament becomes higher profile and we have more deshi stars only 4 should be allowed. For now 5 is perfect.
Old December 22, 2012, 09:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
^ then the entire tournament might fall apart. We have seen a nightmare for deciding semifinal spot in BPL 1...you add a bit more complexity, BCB or even any teams might get lost very easily.
Deciding 5+6 or 6+5 does not create any complexity in running the tournament.

Every team submits their playing XI before the game anyways. It does not require any extra step as far as BPL management is concerned.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

BPL is honestly just another attempt of copying IPL sad but true I mean just look at some of the names of BPL franchises a copy of IPL like "Riders", "Royals" and "Kings".
Old December 26, 2012, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Names yes. But having 4 foreigners rule is not exactly copying IPL. Its the best way to ensure foreign players dont end up doing everything. I know most ppl would want more foreign players. But ask yourself what do you want? Entertainment/Compete with other T20 tournaments or development of the game in the country? If first part is the answer, then 5 foreign players is good. If we want to develop the game, then lets reduce the number of foreign players per team. This way guys like Mominul Haque get to bat, bowl, get involved in decision making, field in key positions etc. Otherwise it will be guys like Samuels who will be doing this. No benefit for us
Old December 26, 2012, 04:54 AM
Banned

Many people think that playing with 4 foreign players or 5,both r some;an extra local/foreign player doesn't affect much.
But look it's not 50 overs or test its a 20-20 tournament.Sometimes 2nd down batsman doesn't get 4 overs to stay here.We don't need entertainment,we need our developement.
The word 'Entertainment' varies from person to person.......i will surely be more entertained seeing one of our young star making 30+ or geting 2 wickets than a foreigner making 100+/5wicketes.
And not only me all the cricket legends think that 4 is the standard number of foreign players for any league otherwise IPL,SLPL,BPL would grant max 5/3/6 foreign players instead of 4.
Moreover,those people have question about the quality of this league plz kindly look at the squads first.......what can u expect more than it when we r missing many great players bocoz of BBL(big bash) and all the Indian players bcoz of their *** *** *** * ********* Cricket board

Old December 29, 2012, 05:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

5 is perfectly ok, until BPL is well established and well recognized....but BCB should make certain skills mandatory for each team...Like having at least a quality int pacer in each team, throughout the tournament....then overseas coaching staff...etc
Old December 31, 2012, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

We hardly have any superstars in BPL..so for now 5 is just fine...
Old January 1, 2013, 02:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Hello Every1,
Actually i also feel that for the time being we should opt for 5 foreign players as we don't have decent good players to fill two competitive squads, the teams will get even more biased when there will be 7 domestic players, couple of teams will catch the cream players and the others will be left with non performers, now with more foreign players they can at least make the team balanced.

But i have a different idea, know that it will never happen but it would have been nice if we could make a compulsory of 4 foreign players for say few matches of the teams' choice, i mean each team will have to play with 4 foreign players for a number of fixed matches of their choice, that would make the tournament more strategically interesting. Whats you say?

But whatever it is i am looking forward for BPL2. i guess it will be a nice tournament with or without the pakistani players. I think our players at least learnt to hit sixes after the 1st BPL, who knows this time they will figure out to bowl death overs better. thanks
Old February 11, 2013, 12:07 AM
Cricket Guru

This edition of BPL has shown our players finally have started to adapt to the format. I too think next time number of foreigners should be reduced to 4 per playing eleven.