facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2006, 09:52 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

For me, if Ponting was saying all the things that he is saying now before we defeated them, then it would have been alright. But since we defeated them and Ponting was the captain, so I can guess why he was saying all the things after getting beaten by us .

OR, if Steve Waugh had said similar things, then I would take it seriously, because we could never beat Australia under Steve Waugh's captaincy.

The reason why we are unable to be even competitive with Sri Lanka is because (I believe) they never become so arrogant whenever facing us - the kind of tone Ponting has now left for us.

Old February 18, 2006, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by mahrookh
Ponting is the best captain in the world . You can look at his stats 92% winning ratio . Ofcourse "Stephen Flemming" comes after him . "Graem Smith" doesn't look a good captain to me at all , Jaques Kallis would have been a better option for South Africa . So , we shouldn't any comments about Ponting anymore as he got nothing to do with banglacricket or does he ?
When he talks about Banglacricket then I have to something to do with it. Did you heard "There are three kinds of lie - lie, white lie and Statistical Lie". Ponting's record of 92% is the third kind of lie:P. Smith is the most pro active captain of the world cricket now. unfortunately he has to carry selfish Kallis and some mediocar who could not defend 270+ on a fifth day wicket in 70 overs. Can you provide me one move of Ponting where his brilliance in capataincy shown. I could show many of stupidity like the one in Edbaston when after winning the toss he chose to field while his best opening bowler injured and he have argubly the best 4th innings bowler or bringing Gillispy (while he was flop in the whole match) againest Bangladesh in the crucial last over.

Any way this my last post on this issue as I mentioned earlier you are pretending to sleep while awake. So I could not wake you up.

Wish You all the best and hoping I could get more resources in April

Good Luck and Good Night.
Old February 18, 2006, 10:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

I hate this type of comment passed in which the miners are not supported by the top cricket nations and the players.

I strongly believe countries like Bangladesh, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Scotland, Ireland, etc should play more cricket than they are playing currently now.

Remove Bangladesh from test, no never. Someday Bangladesh is going to beat Australia in a test
Old February 18, 2006, 11:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think that ODI loss still burns him inside out.
Old February 18, 2006, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Ricky Pointing should remember how his team lost to Bangladesh not too long ago. So a comment like that coming from the very captain makes you wonder about his intellect and forsightness. He cleary doesnt have that. You are never a hero when you are beating a dead horse again and again......
Old February 20, 2006, 02:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
....Really? That was one of the most awesome catches I've ever seen. He dived backwards at least a metre and held on to the ball despite landing awkwardly. I thought he managed to keep his wrist up when he fell *shrug*. If it did touch the ground, the batsman should have just remained at the crease .....
Let's say he took it clean man, but what I see is he didn't judge it properly, that's why he had to dive backawards...Had he judged it -it was in the air for a long time- he could have moved back well enough to take a sitter.

Edited on, February 20, 2006, 7:13 AM GMT, by hkooraham.
Old February 20, 2006, 02:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhakablues
Ricky Pointing should remember how his team lost to Bangladesh not too long ago. So a comment like that coming from the very captain makes you wonder about his intellect and forsightness. He cleary doesnt have that. You are never a hero when you are beating a dead horse again and again......
Ask Maharookh Bhai, Ponting thinks that was a fluke, Bangla beating the Aussies. Try doing that again, even in Bangladesh when Lord Ponting arrives in Bangla with his entourage, to be worshipped by some of your own people...like Maharookh Bhai !

Get the flowers ready man ! Greet him ! Greet him !
Old February 20, 2006, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
For me, if Ponting was saying all the things that he is saying now before we defeated them, then it would have been alright. But since we defeated them and Ponting was the captain, so I can guess why he was saying all the things after getting beaten by us .....
The reason why we are unable to be even competitive with Sri Lanka is because (I believe) they never become so arrogant whenever facing us - the kind of tone Ponting has now left for us.
Wakie, wakie, rise and shine Mr. Moderator. You are dreamin'.

You guys can beat Sri Lanka any day. See how they got thrashed by the Aussies in the 2nd and 3rd VB finals. ..and you beat the Aussies. What does it mean ?

C'mon, Moderator Bhai, stop day dreamin.
Old February 20, 2006, 02:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
I think it's part of what they called "Mental disintegration" in a fency way. .....

But, time has changed. So does our record against them. It's time for them to be afraid, very afraid.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more from them. They are having real nightmares after what we did to them, more so with the lectures they had to endure from the Cricket Australia. Somebody's job on the line, you know.

Well, good luck Ricky Ponting. You need a lot of it.
With all due respect Moderator Bhai, I ask you if Ponting would really be scared of Bangladesh ! That victory was the upset of the century. Yes you heard right, upset of the CENTURY. Like the tsunami which hit South Asia in 2004 it was a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, an UPSET. It won't happen again for a long, long time, not in our time, yours and mine, matie...

Edited on, February 20, 2006, 7:29 AM GMT, by hkooraham.
Old February 20, 2006, 02:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhakablues
Come on Dhakablue Bhai, one win, a fluke, an upset and you think Ponting should keep thinkin' 'bout it ?

Focus on beating Sri Lanka mate, because, come April, they'll - I mean Lord Ponting and Co.- make mince meat of the Tigers.

Now Sri Lanka is no big deal, have some fun beating them, improving your record as the Aussies are really gona make it bad for you guys.

Believe me, I am no Aussies fan -like Maharookh Bhai- but one's gotta face reality man...
Old February 20, 2006, 02:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mahrookh
Please don't make mockery of the "Cricket legend of Australia" . he says lotta things all the time but if you guys make a mockery of it then he feels bad about it . He is great Batsman , Captain and Fieldsman . So , if he says something before about someone or some individual teams then he must have earned that much respect from all over the world . So , he has the right to say . We should give a credit to him for his sprotsmanship attitude
Wny not make mockery of Ponting, my friend, my favourite member here ? You make mockery of others ! Any what do you care whether Ponting Tintin feels bad or not ? He is an ill-behaved player, a shame on cricket.
Old February 20, 2006, 09:57 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by hkooraham
With all due respect Moderator Bhai, I ask you if Ponting would really be scared of Bangladesh ! That victory was the upset of the century. Yes you heard right, upset of the CENTURY. Like the tsunami which hit South Asia in 2004 it was a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, an UPSET. It won't happen again for a long, long time, not in our time, yours and mine, matie...

Edited on, February 20, 2006, 7:29 AM GMT, by hkooraham.
I was about to take your comment seriously, but right on the last line you lost me. I heard those comments before we beat them first time "never in our lifetime!".

Yea, and the knowledgeables say, "Never say never".