facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 20, 2013, 01:47 PM

Default (Your) Test Squad for the Sri Lanka Series

The inspiration from the last test drawn against the mighty Lankans might be transformed to a nation's celebration this time if our players and team management can keep up the momentum through hard work and discipline while the "two lady" trying hard to diminish the nation's progress in economic and other sectors...

I wonder if these two lady could feel ever the same as our very own Shakib Al Hasan who is inspired to perform so that he could give his countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of?

I think, we (the voters), as selectors, choosing the wrong player for our team (country). Anyway, hope our cricket selectors will do the right thing as they did in the last series and help keep up the progress they have started...

__________________________________________________ _______

Here is my TEST squad:

Tamim
Shamsur (Looked good against the Kiwis)
Marshal (he should given more chances)
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Naeem
Nasir
Gazi
Robiul (if he is fit)/
Al Amin/Taskin/Abul ( RBX doesn't seems a test pacer anymore)

Standby: Anam (needs to sort out his foot work), Mullah, Enamul Haque and two of Al Amin/Taskin/Abul ( needs to work on line and length)

* I am not taking any cheap shot at any of our politicians, rather want to see them as visionary and patriotic leader who would take us as a progressive nation...in the world.

Old November 20, 2013, 02:49 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

My XI

1. Tamim
2. Marshal
3. Mominul
4. Nayeem
5. Mushy
6. Shakib
7. Nasir
8. Gazi
9. Zia (better than Rubel, he did well in SL, but not going to happen. So Al Amin can be picked)
10. Robiul
11. Enamul Haq

Stand by

12. Riyad
13. Anamul
14. Rubel
15. Raj
Old November 20, 2013, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Here is my TEST squad:

Tamim
Marshall/ Naeem /Anamul / Shamsur (Depends on form if BCL happens)
Marshal/Naeem (If Marshall opens then Naeem)
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Gazi
Enamul (jr) (Looks like our best SLA for long format. he at least deserves 2 tests in a row)
Robiul/AL-Amin
Rubel
Old November 20, 2013, 10:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Depends on if BCL is on or not. Hopefully it's on. If not then we should have at least 1 if not 2 practice matches. I'd like to see these teams if we end up playing practice matches, at least 2-3 matches

1st team
1. Tamim
2. Shamsur
3. Marshall
4. Mominul
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Nasir
8. Gazi
9. Elias
10. Robiul
11. Rubel

2nd Team

1. Anamul
2. Jahurul
3. Naeem
4. Raqibul
5. Mahmudullah
6. Mehrab Jr.
7. Soumya
8. Noor
9. Enamul Jr.
10. Sajedul
11. Al-Amin

We'd then be able to see which openers to take besides Tamim, then at who deserves to bat at 3, which pacers we should take and finally who our 2nd spinner should be

Last edited by Tiger444; November 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM..
Old November 21, 2013, 02:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

tamim
Zia(10 overs)--0W
Ayub(3 overs)--0W
Mominul(5 overs)--0/1W
Shakib(20 overs)--2W
mushy
nasir(5 overs)--0/1W
mullah(10 overs)--1W
gazi(30 overs)--2W
robiul(15 overs)--1W
al amin(12 overs)--0W

110 overs, SL 370/7
Old November 21, 2013, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i want to see same squad that played last series, only addition should be enamul jr (must) instead of razzaq
Old November 21, 2013, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

my squad

tamim
marshall
naeem
mominul
shakib
mushfiq
nasir
sohag gazi
robiul
enamul jr
al-amin
Old November 22, 2013, 02:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Fight between Arafat/Enam/Sajib for the Sla postion. I say try Arafat. Fresh blood, cant to do worse than Lala.

TI
----(Anamul/Shamsur/Marshall)
----(Marshall/Naeem)
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Gazi
----(Enam/Arafat/Sajib/)No Lala or Sunny.
Robiul
----(Al-Amin/Rubel)
Old November 22, 2013, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Enamul is much ahead of Arafat in longer version cricket. He has consistently taken huge number of wickets last few years, although he cant translate those performances in limited opportunities in international level. I would pick Elias Sunny if he finds his form over Arafat Sunny also.

Last edited by cricketboy; November 23, 2013 at 04:28 PM..
Old November 22, 2013, 08:01 PM
Cricket Guru

If we do a breakdown of who will make our next Test squad then we can see 7 guys being locks, 4 looking good to retain their spots 7and 3 open slots.

So the locks are

1. Tamim
2. Shakib
3. Mushy
4. Nasir
5. Mominul
6. Gazi
7. Robiul

The guys looking good to retain their spots are,

8. Marshall
9. Naeem
10. Al-Amin
11. Rubel(due to lack of options)

Now for the 3 open slots, most likely we'll see 2 openers and a spinner make it. Riyad and Razzak will have a hard time retaining their slots.

From the spinners slots it'll be between, it'll likely be between Elias Sunny and Enamul Haque.

As for the openers, it'll be between Anamul, Jahurul, Shamsur, Junaid, Imrul, and Soumya.

Selectors have a few tough decisions to make. It should be clearer once or if we have the BCL or practice matches running.

Last edited by Tiger444; November 23, 2013 at 04:52 PM..
Old November 22, 2013, 10:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
The inspiration from the last test drawn against the mighty Lankans might be transformed to a nation's celebration this time if our players and team management can keep up the momentum through hard work and discipline while the "two lady" trying hard to diminish the nation's progress in economic and other sectors...

I wonder if these two lady could feel ever the same as our very own Shakib Al Hasan who is inspired to perform so that he could give his countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of?

I think, we (the voters), as selectors, choosing the wrong player for our team (country). Anyway, hope our cricket selectors will do the right thing as they did in the last series and help keep up the progress they have started...

__________________________________________________ _______

Here is my TEST squad:

Tamim
Shamsur (Looked good against the Kiwis)
Marshal (he should given more chances)
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Naeem
Nasir
Gazi
Robiul (if he is fit)/
Al Amin/Taskin/Abul ( RBX doesn't seems a test pacer anymore)

Standby: Anam (needs to sort out his foot work), Mullah, Enamul Haque and two of Al Amin/Taskin/Abul ( needs to work on line and length)

* I am not taking any cheap shot at any of our politicians, rather want to see them as visionary and patriotic leader who would take us as a progressive nation...in the world.
I like, Like. Good team sir
Old November 23, 2013, 05:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
If we do a breakdown of who will make our next Test squad then we can see 7 guys being locks, 4 looking good to retain their spots 7and 3 open slots.

So the locks are

1. Tamim
2. Shakib
3. Mushy
4. Nasir
5. Mominul
6. Gazi
7. Robiul

The guys looking good to retain their spots are,

8. Marshall
9. Naeem
10. Al-Amin
11. Rubel(due to lack of options)

Now for the 3 open slots, most likely we'll see 2 openers and a spinner make it. Riyad and Razzak will have a hard time retaining their slots.

From the spinners slots it'll be between, it'll likely be between Elias Sunny and Enamul Haque.

As for the openers, it'll be between Anamul, Jahurul, Shamsur, Junaid, Imrul, and Soumya.

Selectors have a few tough decisions to make. It should be clearer once or if we have the BCL or practice matches running.
pretty spot on except i don't think there is much chance of imrul or soumya being in contention atm, even junaid is a long shot (but you never know with these selectors). most likely it's between anamul, jahurul and shamsur and it all depends on how high they got from shamsur's ODI 96 and how down they are on anamul and probably BCL and practice matches. i actually think shamsur is very likely to get a spot in the squad so probably the other opener spot will be contended between anamul and jahurul.
Old November 23, 2013, 06:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
pretty spot on except i don't think there is much chance of imrul or soumya being in contention atm, even junaid is a long shot (but you never know with these selectors). most likely it's between anamul, jahurul and shamsur and it all depends on how high they got from shamsur's ODI 96 and how down they are on anamul and probably BCL and practice matches. i actually think shamsur is very likely to get a spot in the squad so probably the other opener spot will be contended between anamul and jahurul.
I put all the top order batsmen here because I think we should really keep an open mind on them. Let's face it, all the openers I listed here have been subpar at best at this level. Shamsur hasn't been tested yet but his FC record is far from impressive and Soumya is still not ready at this level so he's likely to miss out.

Again whoever steps up in the BCL or the practice matches should get a nod.
Old November 23, 2013, 07:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I put all the top order batsmen here because I think we should really keep an open mind on them. Let's face it, all the openers I listed here have been subpar at best at this level. Shamsur hasn't been tested yet but his FC record is far from impressive and Soumya is still not ready at this level so he's likely to miss out.

Again whoever steps up in the BCL or the practice matches should get a nod.
agree for the most part but i personally wouldn't go with imrul or junaid unlees it's very evident that they've fixed a few weaknesses otherwise they'll likely have the same results. as far as anamul, shamsur, jahurul it should come down to who has the best season. i agree with keeping an open mind though but if we are to do that then why not do it for nazimuddin as well? he was better than imrul in tests.
Old November 23, 2013, 10:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
agree for the most part but i personally wouldn't go with imrul or junaid unlees it's very evident that they've fixed a few weaknesses otherwise they'll likely have the same results. as far as anamul, shamsur, jahurul it should come down to who has the best season. i agree with keeping an open mind though but if we are to do that then why not do it for nazimuddin as well? he was better than imrul in tests.
Like I said we should keep an open mind even if Naz performs. Yes that's how bad our openers are besides Tamim.
Old November 24, 2013, 12:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Like I said we should keep an open mind even if Naz performs. Yes that's how bad our openers are besides Tamim.
i hope they all have amazing seasons and push each other to the next level. although i think if soumya has a stellar season he might put a bit of fright into the likes of anamul, shamsur and jahurul who are the main contenders atm. they're already aware and probably watchful of junaid, imrul, naz, SN, NI etc but a new name like soumya would probably make them think a bit harder about their position in the squad moreso than if guys like junaid, imrul etc were to have stellar seasons (he also got that t20 call up so a great season to back that up makes him even closer to selection).
Old November 24, 2013, 11:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

from a batting perspective I will keep Marechal, give him a full series, and bring in Naeem in place of Vijay (which I wanted for the NZ tests)
as for bowling, pls no more Razzaq, and as usual whatever we do with the pacers won't really make much of a difference.
Old November 24, 2013, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

I generally support any Bangladeshi team I see on the field, but if I ever see Shahadat anywhere near the test team again I will fully stop watching cricket. In the last 6 test matches he has played he has taken only 4 wickets @ 160.25... Even Tamim could do better :/
Old November 24, 2013, 09:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I generally support any Bangladeshi team I see on the field, but if I ever see Shahadat anywhere near the test team again I will fully stop watching cricket. In the last 6 test matches he has played he has taken only 4 wickets @ 160.25... Even Tamim could do better :/
Don't worry. I highly doubt Shahadat will come back anytime soon.
Old November 25, 2013, 01:51 AM
Cricket Guru

until we find 2 solid, consistent pacers we can't count out shahadat for possible selection, though it seems they've moved on from him and now rubel has taken over that mantle. i think we really need to try other options aside from rubel.
Old November 25, 2013, 10:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
until we find 2 solid, consistent pacers we can't count out shahadat for possible selection, though it seems they've moved on from him and now rubel has taken over that mantle. i think we really need to try other options aside from rubel.
Even though our pace bowling sucks, I really don't want Shahadat back unless he changes his attitude. The kind of attitude he has, he will hurt our team that is trying to move forward.
Old November 25, 2013, 12:54 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

1. Tamim
2. Jahurul
3. Marshall
4. Mominul
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Nasir
8. Gazi
9. Robiul
10. Enamul
11. Al Amin
Old November 25, 2013, 03:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Even though our pace bowling sucks, I really don't want Shahadat back unless he changes his attitude. The kind of attitude he has, he will hurt our team that is trying to move forward.
i don't either, i hope the selectors feel as we do.