facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 27, 2013, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Default Major outcomes from 2nd Meeting of the BCB Board of Directors held on Wednesday, 27 Nov. 2013

DHAKA, Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Media Release

Major outcomes from 2nd Meeting of the BCB Board of Directors held on Wednesday, 27 Nov. 2013

The Board unanimously approved the appointment of Mushfiqur Rahim as captain of the Bangladesh National Cricket Team until the end of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 in Australia-New Zealand.

The BCB will invite immediate tender for worldwide media rights of Sri Lanka’s Tour to Bangladesh 2014.

The Board approved the appointments of National Women’s Team Head Coach Shane Alan Deitz and Physio Ms Amardeep Sidhu till the completion of the ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014.

Mehedi Hasan Miraj and Jashim Uddin have been named captain and vice captain respectively of the Bangladesh Under 19 Team for the home series against the West Indies Under 19 next month.

The family of deceased former national cricketer and BCB divisional coach coach Sheikh Salahuddin will receive BDT five (05) lac.

The financial grant for Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League clubs for the 2012-13 season has been fixed as per the following:

(i) Six Super League clubs – BDT 35,00,000.00 lac

(ii) Six non-qualifiers for Super League - BDT 25,00,000.00 lac

Old November 27, 2013, 02:17 PM

Mullah remain the vice cap I guess?
Old November 27, 2013, 03:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Mullah remain the vice cap I guess?
They still haven't decided yet. They'll have another meeting about the vice captaincy issue.
Old November 27, 2013, 03:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

They should never have permanent vice captain.
Old November 27, 2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
They'll have another meeting about the vice captaincy issue.
Ha! Ha!! More food on the table...!!!
Old November 27, 2013, 03:45 PM
Cricket Guru

^better than making Riyad the VC. I'm happy that they realized that they shouldn't make him the VC. He's unlikely to make the next Test side and in ODIs he might have trouble making the XI. I'd currently have that spot open for now. No need to really have a VC IMO. When the time comes, we can decide.
Old November 27, 2013, 05:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

If i have to choose vice captain..... I will choose nasir hossain. Future should start from the present.... Bcas there is lots of things to learn before u become a captain.... Also seems like hes the one is automatic choice for any format.... So bcb should give him the chance.... ( but i think bcb will choose riad)?
Old November 27, 2013, 11:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Ya Nasir seems like the best choice since it seems BCB is reluctant to have Tamim or Shakib back as captain or vice captain. As you say Nasir is an automatic selection so I think having him as a vice captain is not a bad idea. Certainly better than Riyad.
Old November 28, 2013, 12:21 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

For shorter format, Mashrafe should be the vice captain. He has a great relationship with every player and everyone in the team respects him. Nasir is our future captain no doubt. But personally, i dont think its quite the time for him to be the vice captain. He is flying right now, let him fly freely
Old November 28, 2013, 04:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Would be unwise to appoint Nasir as Vice Captain. First of all he lacks experience and is still quite young.

It would be best to take of that little bit of pressure away from his shoulders for the time being. If it were me, I'd make Shakib the VC because unlike Riad, Shakib is a regular in all formats and his knowledge about captaincy is also decent
Old November 30, 2013, 05:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Would be unwise to appoint Nasir as Vice Captain. First of all he lacks experience and is still quite young.

It would be best to take of that little bit of pressure away from his shoulders for the time being. If it were me, I'd make Shakib the VC because unlike Riad, Shakib is a regular in all formats and his knowledge about captaincy is also decent

i think u guys making a mistake right here , on last 2 test against nz riyad give away his position , he wasn't dropped , he ask to took rest so he can come back with good tendency on his mind , even musfiq wrote that on his fb post , i dont really see why riyad shouldnt make best odi 11 regularly , he hold the second best highest average for bangladesh in odi after sakib nearly 100 matches close to 34 , 2nd best all rounder for Bangladesh currently he is in 12 th position in icc odi all rounder ranking i guess , and he did decent on odis and t20 against NZ , now under his captaincy gazi tank seal the title on DPL with his all round performance , so i don't really see why they would need to change VC when actually team are doing well under musfiq and riayd
Old November 30, 2013, 05:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Nasir vc no Riyad zahid.
Old November 30, 2013, 07:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
i think u guys making a mistake right here , on last 2 test against nz riyad give away his position , he wasn't dropped , he ask to took rest so he can come back with good tendency on his mind , even musfiq wrote that on his fb post , i dont really see why riyad shouldnt make best odi 11 regularly , he hold the second best highest average for bangladesh in odi after sakib nearly 100 matches close to 34 , 2nd best all rounder for Bangladesh currently he is in 12 th position in icc odi all rounder ranking i guess , and he did decent on odis and t20 against NZ , now under his captaincy gazi tank seal the title on DPL with his all round performance , so i don't really see why they would need to change VC when actually team are doing well under musfiq and riayd
Bro the problem is that Riyad is not cut out for our test team anymore. He has failed miserably in tests and the only position for him is at no. 3/no. 4 but he does not want tup bat up the order. Add to that Ayub and Mominul might block that place in the foreseeable future.
Old November 30, 2013, 07:09 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
this is gold!
Old December 1, 2013, 05:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Bro the problem is that Riyad is not cut out for our test team anymore. He has failed miserably in tests and the only position for him is at no. 3/no. 4 but he does not want tup bat up the order. Add to that Ayub and Mominul might block that place in the foreseeable future.
i agree with u somewhat , but player who played only 4 test and 2 test u just cant compare that with player who is been around with international test team for 6 ,7 years . riyad is vastly experience , we just can't say it right now they will be better options . it just needed more time , only 4 test from mominul and 2 test from ayub is just doesn't prove enough yet to secure their place regularly
Old December 1, 2013, 08:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i agree with u somewhat , but player who played only 4 test and 2 test u just cant compare that with player who is been around with international test team for 6 ,7 years . riyad is vastly experience , we just can't say it right now they will be better options . it just needed more time , only 4 test from mominul and 2 test from ayub is just doesn't prove enough yet to secure their place regularly
Listen bro, Test cricket is different from any other format of the game.

Test cricket is not only about skill, its a test of one's mental strength and we all know how mentally strong Riad is. I am not a Riad hater like many here, I rate his batting quite highly for ODIs but he does not have the necessary materials for tests.

I admit that Riad is highly experienced, but sadly I have barely seen him bat like an experienced player(Tamim has the same problem). Nasir-Mominul for example are young but look how they always look to play according to the situation. Even Sohag Gazi appears to have the correct temperament. People are so busy with Sohag's bowling and his flukish test century against NZ, they appear to forget that chipped in with decent contributions-for example in our 300+ chase against NZ, Gazi scored some useful boundaries.

His test average is nothing special and I don't expect him to better it for the time being. Why not give chance to Ayub/Mominul in the meanwhile
Old December 1, 2013, 07:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Riyad's only chance of getting in the Test team is if Shakib or Gazi are injured because he's the only other international standard all rounder we got. Otherwise I honestly don't see him getting a chance anytime soon in Tests. Spots 4-8 in the Test team are sealed for a long time. The only spot that's open is the #3 spot. Riyad doesn't want to bat there. Isam bhai reported this information. Anyways when he bats in spots 3-7, his avg is a 16 and he's gotten 8 matches in these spots. So he was very lucky to even be asked to bat at 3.