facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 30, 2013, 08:36 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik
Bd fans be honest
admit it
in T20
Ireland>bd

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
check out the last T20 series result between BD and Ireland, it was in Ireland

Old November 30, 2013, 08:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

If i am not wrong netharland had beaten bd once in t20 wc

Old November 30, 2013, 08:50 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:

yes you are wrong, Netherland never beaten Bd in a WC, and if you meant to say Ireland then yes, but so what..Bangladesh Also beat your precious india in ODI WC, does that mean India can't get to 2nd round with BD in their group?
Old November 30, 2013, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Bd fans be honest
admit it
in T20
Ireland>bd

Sorry but that's some uber idiotic logic/claim you have there. In T20I's BD has played Ireland 4 times so far- once in 2009 and then three times in 2012. We lost the match in 2009 in England, but swept the series against them 3-0 in Ireland last year. They have yet to even play us in our conditions which if it were to happen would be advantageous to us.

If anything, the format we've had trouble against them is ODI and that too in big ODI tournaments just like India has had trouble against us. Since 2007, in big multi nation tournaments India beat us twice (2008 Asia Cup and 2011 World Cup) and we actually knocked India out twice (2007 World Cup and 2012 Asia Cup in the most recent clash). If you feel you have enough evidence to declare Ireland the better team, which should be considered the better team between Bangladesh and India, by your logic?
Old December 1, 2013, 04:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:

You are mixing up England with BD here. Netherlands beat the English in a T20 WC. So going by your logic Ned>Eng in T20.
Old December 1, 2013, 04:32 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Reading some comments on crapindo, most people are putting their money on Ire beating Zim, but when it comes to BD vs Afg they are not sure, saying it'll be tough for Afg

well atleast we are on the right track!, people can not just blow away Bangladesh anymore!
Old December 1, 2013, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Only sane fans would claim that Afghanistan will find us easy to beat. We have been giving top sides a run for their money and add to that, we are hosts.

The victory against NZ has given us some much needed hope. Infact, I remember that a few months ago, when Afghans were said to have qualifed for the 2015 WC Pakistanis in PP where like "Afghan's are going to role over Bangladesh" and there was this one dude who said "Afghans to play their first match against Bangla, we all know who is winning it", etc etc.

So basically, we perform, we whip some G8 bottoms the world will note us down. Lets hope our boys are able to win the test and ODI series against Lanka and manage a draw in the T20 series. Hope that will lift the spirit of our players and demoralize Afghans
Old December 1, 2013, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

But one drawback could be a good number of Afgan players played in DPL and performed reasonably well or at least they know the condition.
Old December 1, 2013, 09:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

Winning the cup not possible but I reckon BD have a good chance to make it to Semi Finals. The good thing is when they reach Super 10 they will have already won 3 matches and would have gained confidence, practice and momentum. So the Big 8 be careful of the Tigers this time
Old December 1, 2013, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
Winning the cup not possible but I reckon BD have a good chance to make it to Semi Finals. The good thing is when they reach Super 10 they will have already won 3 matches and would have gained confidence, practice and momentum. So the Big 8 be careful of the Tigers this time
Dream my man ......dream....dream shall we.....

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 1, 2013, 11:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

the way we suck in T20 , I will be happy if we manage to win one against a G8 in our group .
Although our T20 batting has improved we are still very poor in bowling dprtmnt.
In our recent past we have let WI score 197, Srl score 198 & NZ score 204 .
We replied well with the bat, scoring 179 181 189
For a team like us , once we let our opposition score 190+ we are screwed mentally.
As long as our bowlers don't learn how to bowl in this format I see no chance of getting to the next round.
Old December 1, 2013, 11:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Qualify first. they we will talk about our chances.
Old December 1, 2013, 12:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Couldn't help, but this thread needed this video, the last phrase in this is what matters, "Joy diyey promaan korbo nijeder"...
Old December 1, 2013, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

I'm getting pretty tired of these lesser teams claiming they can beat us at home. As someone has already mentioned, I'd be shocked to see them beat us in front of what we all know will be raucous home crowd on fairly unknown pitches. Having said that, the Afghans have played (and performed consistently) in our domestic leagues, and are bigger hitters of the ball. Nonetheless, at home, against a strong BD side, I expect them to get smashed.
Old December 1, 2013, 09:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
I'm getting pretty tired of these lesser teams claiming they can beat us at home. As someone has already mentioned, I'd be shocked to see them beat us in front of what we all know will be raucous home crowd on fairly unknown pitches. Having said that, the Afghans have played (and performed consistently) in our domestic leagues, and are bigger hitters of the ball. Nonetheless, at home, against a strong BD side, I expect them to get smashed.
lets just play Taskin for the game against Afghanistan only. Then we'll see the difference of big hitters and no hitters :p
Old December 1, 2013, 10:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

BD hasn't been good at t20 cricket so not surprised lower ranked teams say they can beat us, also Ireland has been very impressive lately, they won the one-day version of the intercontinental cup, they won the t20 qualifiers and they're in the final that will soon be played of the FC version of the intercontinental cup so they're in good form and on a high. As far as Afghanistan, they are also a good team on the rise so not surprised these teams talk big.
Old December 2, 2013, 02:44 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Afghanistan and Ireland deserved to be in the main edition of the T-20 WC along with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. It would have added variety and given those sides the exposutre they needed to boost cricket in their countries. T-20 is the ideal version to spread the game and yet the top boards are reluctant to let lesser sides participate in the WC. The Top board administrators are only after money and not the welfare of the game and it is clearly evident from the biased FTP schedules and the way this WC format has been arranged.
Old December 2, 2013, 02:50 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

As far as BD is concerned, it will not be a question of skill but more on the mental side of things. I am happy we have fearless cricketers like Tamim, Shakib, Nasir and Mushy in the side who are less bound to choke. It should be a comfortable victory on paper but since format is only 20 overs the margin for error is very little. We need to play the game we have been playing in the last three series at home and the result will be a comfortable victory against the Afghans.

The 2nd round grouping is too tough for us to go through though
Old December 2, 2013, 03:25 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
whats the difference between afg thinking they can beat us and we thinking we can beat Aus?
Old December 2, 2013, 08:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

Why some of you bros are mad with AFG and IRE? No team goes into a match thinking that they'll lose. Pretty obvious, innit?
Old December 2, 2013, 10:06 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum_1
Why some of you bros are mad with AFG and IRE? No team goes into a match thinking that they'll lose. Pretty obvious, innit?
inferiority complex if you ask me, We think we can Beat Ind Aus(though we beat them only once) etc, we talk about it every time, theres nothing wrong about it, our team has improved and we fans have the right to dream, but ga jole jay jokhon Ireland and Afg same kotha bole
Old December 2, 2013, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Its funny how worked up we are about this qualifiers. Let's all just sit back and relax a bit. It's a world tournament in BD. It should be a fun time. It's a game in the end guys. It seems some people are thinking a bit too much.