facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 10, 2004, 12:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth
Default back

Text
I want the same as you: the best team for our country. Lets hope we don’t become like the Pakistan team. It’s is really a serious issue in my opinion. It’s nice to give young promising players a chance but I just hope (sorry for being reiterating) that we don’t a team comprise with ALL new players. If that happens, then our fate will be like the Pakis.

By the way, we need a cricket stadium :soon…

Old August 10, 2004, 12:20 PM
Retired BC Admin

Dear Mon

Since you edited your post, you may remove my comments. Thank you.
Old August 10, 2004, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Mon
Text

By the way, we need a cricket stadium :soon…

Old August 10, 2004, 05:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

It has been a very intruiging conversation. I am personally satisfied with the selectors so far. But I was hoping that Biddut would get a recall after recovering from his injury.

[Edited on 11-8-2004 by sunniath]
Old August 10, 2004, 08:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Talent if not alloyed with discipline and temperament is no good at the international level. Alok Kapali after his initial success seems to be resting on his laurels instead of building on his good beginning. He has slipped backinstead of progressing in this year. He cannot be pampered any longer without getting any tangible return. People much more talented than him have paid with their career for showing similar lack of attitude.
For example, Vinod Kambli of India was dropped for ever because of his indiscipline, even though he was genuinely talented as his career average of 54.2 in tests(17 tests) and ODI average of 32.59 (104 ODI)show and no tears were shed for him.

Alok Kapali still has chances to come back, but he will need to capitalise on them and not take his place for granted, otherwise no team can afford to carry a non performer for ever only because of the alleged talent that he may possess.
Old August 11, 2004, 10:34 AM
Street Cricketer

No, Kapali was given so many chances to get himself back. But he failed to do it. He has been doing bad since the Pakistan tour last year though he got the first ever hatrick for Bangladesh in test matches. So, he got almost one year to get his form back. On the other hand, after Ashraful played badly in Pakistan, he was dropped from the squad against England. So, if we compare between Ashraful and Kapali, we will find that Kapali should have done much better. The selectors were giving him chances one after another but he couldn't prove himself. So, I think it is better to give him rest. Who knows?, may be he will get back his form again as Ashraful did after he was dropped from the squad against England.
Old August 11, 2004, 03:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth
Default jabab :)

In this particular discussion, Kapali is an issue of concern, but do you guys see the bigger point I am trying to make? This time it’s Kapali and next time it might be Bashar, Saleh, or even Rafiq!. I do not want that to happen. Our aim should be at building a competitive team. It’s totally fine if we don’t win all the matches now. I don’t’ expect the BD team to defeat Australia, India, or Pakistan now. Perhaps we can start with Zimbabwe (as we already have defeated them in an ODI match). We should take a steady approach in our team building. So what if it takes time? At the end, we will come out in bright colors. Look at Sri Lanka!!

Anyways, Some of us leave so far from our homeland and want to take pride in our team. Even http://www.cricket.org criticized the selectors’ decision. I am not the only one. I still think it was a bad idea to leave him out.

[Edited on 11-8-2004 by Mon]
Old August 11, 2004, 05:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Mon
I am pleased that selection board has changed Alok due to his repeted frusting performance in number of series. Most of the BD thinks our sounds .