facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 11, 2008, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
He started with a century, lets hope he could finish with a century. @ the moment he is 85*
thats what i wanted too. but i was really surprised and amazed when Dhoni let him captain the team for last couple of the overs.

I was never a big fan of him, loved him sometimes but hated him most of the time but he was a great batsman. His innings against pakistan in Dhaka was a great one. The way he used to hit spinners out of the ground. His innings of 183, his performance in Sahara cup against pakistan.

I feel lucky to born in an era to watch few good players

Old November 11, 2008, 10:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

I am also a big fan of sourov dada. One of the best offside players I have ever seen.
Old November 12, 2008, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

well its finally happened.....I dunno reli what to say, but those die hard fans of Ganguly will know exactly how im feeling, im just glad he left in style, typical Ganguly style. Its sad that he was constantly under pressure in the last year, he looked so relaxed in the middle this series, and him and DHoni seemed like best friends when they were together, which shows how much of an impact he has had on the youngsters of old like Khan, the 2 SInghs, Sehwag, Dhoni etc.

Just thought i wud share a few videos, in particular Dada taklking about food, and yes he talks about ileesh maach!

thhose who wanted him to have impact on BD cricket, well the signs are there he may get involved.....

Ganguly to deliver lecture to young cricketers

Sourav Ganguly, the former India captain, will deliver a lecture to young Bangladesh cricketers during a conditioning workshop which is being planned by the Bangladesh board's cricket development committee.

"We are planning to arrange a workshop to focus on patience, skill level, and mental toughness and we are trying to provide some international input in this regard," Shakil Kaseem, the chairman of the development committee, told the Daily Star. "The good news is that Ganguly has agreed to present a lecture in this regard. And I think there can be none better than Ganguly to lecture on this issue."

Kaseem said players' physical and mental states were a matter of concern for Bangladesh cricket. "Skill and talent-wise [sic], our cricketers are as good as any other players from the top countries," he said. "But the problem lies in fitness level and lack of mental toughness. That's why we want to emphasise on these areas to prepare our players properly."

Bangladesh announced a 15-man National Cricket Academy squad, which will tour Sri Lanka to play two four-day games, three one-dayers, and a warm-up match. The selectors made six changes to the squad, which toured South Africa last month, with Naeem Islam taking over the captaincy from Suhrawadi Shuvo, who managed only one win in five matches.

Bangladesh academy squad:
Naeem Islam (capt), Marshall Ayub (vice-captain), Suhrawadi Shuvo, Farhad Hossain, Shamsur Rahman, Imrul Kayes, Nasir Hossain, Mahbubul Alam, Ziaur Rahman, Delwar Hossain, Mahbubul Karim, Arafat Sunny, Sajidul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Ashiqul Islam.

and also i never realised this particular stat:

In 1997, Sourav Ganguly came to Dhaka to open Amarjyoti cricket club where 12 year old Ashraful met him and asked him for an autograph and a photo, little that either of them knew that they would be playing against each other in the future. When India toured Bangladesh in 2007, Ashraful went up to the Indian team's dinner table in Sonargaon hotel in Dhaka where Ganguly was seated with his team-mates and showed him and the other Indian players the picture. Of course the photo is a prized possession and meeting Ganguly one of his two favourite memories.

ANother reason why Ashraful is one of my fav BD players!