facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 11, 2012, 07:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Can Rubel recover from that beating last night?

Just watching our win again and man that last over from Rubel looks worser everytime i see it!! , it was like a big cat just toying with a mouse out there, and the more he tried the more he was dismissed with disdain, so the question is how much will this take out of his confidence? i know every bowler has been hit out of the ground but this happened TWICE against the same man, and if he didn't learn from the first horror show then will he ever learn?

This is your best pacer so surely you must be worried?
Old December 11, 2012, 07:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

He just recovered from a shoulder injury. This was his first series. I am not to fussed.
Old December 11, 2012, 07:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Recover from what? I will remember Rubel for removing WI openers last night and nothing else. His bowling on the over wasn't bad.. Samuel just went for it and theres nothing he could have done about it.
Old December 11, 2012, 08:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

How do you define troll ?
Old December 11, 2012, 08:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

A good pacer changes up his line when faced with a blazing batsman, but Rubel just kept bowling pies and kept getting punished, i really feel this will dent his confidence a whole lot now, especially if he bowls in the death overs.
Old December 11, 2012, 08:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Can WI recover from this humiliating series loss, after declaring to take a 5-0 series win? Can this fragile WIndies team recover from this shock ?? Will the rest of the world even take them any seriously after this defeat?? Can Gayle come up from this debris...??

Windiesfan, many questions can be asked.....we can survive without a player, can you survive without the team??

That's how sports is....you have a bad day and you work on your mistakes to have a good day...if you can't turn it around, you are not a professional athlete. Broad's career wasn't over being hit for 36 in an over. So asking these kind of questions are quiet unnecessary. Unless you have an ill intention.....

Last edited by BANFAN; December 11, 2012 at 03:46 PM..
Old December 11, 2012, 11:59 AM
BC Editorial Team

windiefan - while we welcome the contrarian viewpoints you present as a fan of an opposing team, your posts are fast approaching trollish proportions. If nothing else I urge you to consider the timing and/or tone of some of your posts.

Old December 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
BC Editorial Team

We are also keeping this thread open to showcase the maturity of BC members in terms of
1) Proving that occasional setbacks in a sporting arena do not mean the end of a career
2) Provocation is not always answered with kind but with measured responses.

Show 'em how we do things here at BC

- Moderator.
Old December 11, 2012, 09:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

windiesfan would you like some tea?
with some nonta biscuits or bela buiscuits, chonachur maybe?
Old December 11, 2012, 10:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
windiesfan would you like some tea?
with some nonta biscuits or bela buiscuits, chonachur maybe?
bhai apni koi chilen, apni aishe gesen ekhon ar rubel ke dorkar nai. apni hoilei cholbe

to apatoto amake ektu cha, nonta, bela biscuit, chanachur khawan
Old December 12, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

WIndieFan is one hell of a clown.
Old December 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Rubel will ofcourse recover. he got the same kind beating from MURALI in final and came back winning the banglawash game against NZ. i am sure he will be back. like TI said he has the potential to be the best pace bowler of BD. mind you the same batman shredded Malinga in the final too.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 11, 2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
i know every bowler has been hit out of the ground but this happened TWICE against the same man, and if he didn't learn from the first horror show then will he ever learn?

Yes! I am a bit worried about how Rubel bowls at death overs, especially the last over. He is consistently failing bowling at the last over for some times now. He should find out where he is doing wrong and correct it by himself with help from bowling coach.

In a different note, I also want to know what could be Gayle's next move to revive himself? Now that Bangladesh "crap" bowlers have humiliated him not one time but a total of nine times in one series, I would like to know how the likes of WindisFans are thinking?
Old December 12, 2012, 03:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Yes! I am a bit worried about how Rubel bowls at death overs, especially the last over. He is consistently failing bowling at the last over for some times now. He should find out where he is doing wrong and correct it by himself with help from bowling coach.
My! My! Cant believe youre walking into a trap set by a troll masquerading as a Windie fan!

Anyway, any bowler can get hit in a bleeding T20 match, especially, when a batsman is well set and batting at the death. Btw, how did Marlon bat against Rubel in TEST?? I recall him ducking and diving quite a few times against Rubel who was bowling, to be honest, quite within himself.

T20 is just not cricket!
Old December 12, 2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
T20 is just not cricket!
It NOT Baseball either!!
Old December 12, 2012, 03:50 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Anyway, any bowler can get hit in a bleeding T20 match, especially, when a batsman is well set and batting at the death. Btw, how did Marlon bat against Rubel in TEST?? I recall him ducking and diving quite a few times against Rubel who was bowling, to be honest, quite within himself.

T20 is just not cricket!
Huh!

Interestingly, most bowlers who took a beating in T20 death overs are pacers. Spinners sometimes went for runs, but generally not those 20+-run overs. If I remember correctly, spinners never used to bowl at death when ODIs started. However, the value of spin bowling in keeping RR down was discovered in the '80s. As our best run checkers are spinners, my preference is to use them. They might get hit some time, but not as frequently or as much.
Old December 11, 2012, 02:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

There is no denying that he bowled a horrific last over. Samuels is a quality T20 bowler and can take down any bowler on his day. He gave away 29 runs, so excluding that his figure was 3-0-34-2. That includes Gayle's wicket.

It can happen to any bowler even to the best ones. Here are few expensive figures --

JM Anderson 4.0 0 64 1 16.00
SCJ Broad 4.0 0 60 0
B Lee 4.0 0 56 1
Mohammad Sami 4.0 0 54 1
SL Malinga 4.0 0 54 0
N Samuels 4.0 0 52 0 13.00
SM Pollock 4.0 0 52 1 13.00
R Rampaul 4.0 0 52 1

All these bowlers recovered and some are considered best in the modern game now. So Rubel will take some time, figure out the mistakes and will come back strong.

biggest question is, will Gayle recover after such a horrific series? He got out to a bowler who had his worst match to date and according to you might not ever recover.
Old December 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I remember one indian bowler was in tears after some batman took 20 runs and all the indian media was on him when in the same tournament Waker younus gave 24... It was so funny he was crying and saying how come no one ask him this but all you guys are on my case... i think it was provaker and he retired or something after that game(not sure though)...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 11, 2012, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I remember one indian bowler was in tears after some batman took 20 runs and all the indian media was on him when in the same tournament Waker younus gave 24... It was so funny he was crying and saying how come no one ask him this but all you guys are on my case... i think it was provaker and he retired or something after that game(not sure though)...
I think it was a India vs SL match and after getting some serious punishment from Jayasuria and Kaluvitharan, Pravakar did an over of spin, but with little.success. Pravakar certainly looked so devastated.
Old December 11, 2012, 04:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Rubel is lucky that Johnson Charles and Dinesh Ramdin weren't there, otherwise it could have been 129 runs in that over!

Its in an meaningless form of the game. Malinga a great limited overs bowler was recently picked apart in an ODI by Virat Kohli.

The bigger question is will Darren Sammy recover from his 5-0 prediction flops? He tried to play Shakib al Hasan in the prediction game but just as he is 1/10th the all-rounder that Shakib is, he proved he's also 1/10th the soothsayer as well!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 11, 2012, 05:24 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Rubel is lucky that Johnson Charles and Dinesh Ramdin weren't there, otherwise it could have been 129 runs in that over!

Its in an meaningless form of the game. Malinga a great limited overs bowler was recently picked apart in an ODI by Virat Kohli.

The bigger question is will Darren Sammy recover from his 5-0 prediction flops? He tried to play Shakib al Hasan in the prediction game but just as he is 1/10th the all-rounder that Shakib is, he proved he's also 1/10th the soothsayer as well!
Old December 12, 2012, 02:49 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

If ur best bowler in the team can go for 0-27 of 3 and get over it, than I am sure Rubel can get over it as well...
Old December 12, 2012, 02:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Just watching our win again and man that last over from Rubel looks worser everytime i see it!! , it was like a big cat just toying with a mouse out there, and the more he tried the more he was dismissed with disdain, so the question is how much will this take out of his confidence? i know every bowler has been hit out of the ground but this happened TWICE against the same man, and if he didn't learn from the first horror show then will he ever learn?

he never learnt and will never learn. do you know these are actually not the only two times. he also lost us a game agaisnt sri lanka.

srilnka chasin 15 odd were sruggling for 6-5 and then they finally needed 39 of 36 balls with 2 wickets gone. and rubel came to bowl and murali tharan hit him for 20 in over and 12 of another over and we lost the game.

i agree with you he though our best bowler is a very crap bowler and getting crapper as he has never learnt.

BUT i see bigger problem and worry for WI. last match i say two WI batsman got their stumps uprooted to the bowling of such a crap bowler. seriously, great WI batsman who got out that day should have never been out to a crap bowler in that fashion. honestly ur batsman are not that poor that they would get out in such way to these crap bowlers.
if theyget out in such fashion agaisnt rubel then what will they do aganst better bowlers of better teams.

perhaps the players eho got their stumps uprooted (gayle and smith) should have been replaced by the players who were missing from ur strongest lot (charles, ramdin, bravo).
Old December 12, 2012, 03:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Anyone remember how Mashrafee gave away 17 runs in the last over to lose the match for us?

These things happen and will happen. Guys like Rubel need to play in more similar situations and gain experience. They need to learn how to play under pressure. This is where tournaments like BPL is very important. But sometimes no matter how much of experience you have you will get clobbered. Malinga for instance has so much of T20 experience, has so much of variation, but was clobbered by Samuels in the T20 final.
Old December 12, 2012, 04:55 AM
Cricket Legend

T20 is not a bowlers game. But having said that we have a lot to learn. Not just Rubel. Even someone like Razzak who has close to 200 ODI wickets. But the way Gayle and Samuels was bowling, thats the way to go. Our buys will pick up in time