facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 12, 2012, 12:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
I dont see Ukraine winning another match in the group stage, Sweden made a mockery of themselves on the pitch. They were outplayed by Ukraine the whole 90'.
Not sure they were completely outplayed.

Ibra had two close calls...Elmander should have scored, and even Mellberg right at the end came mighty close.

I thought it was a pretty even match, aside from that 10-12 minute spell where the 3 goals went in.

Old June 12, 2012, 12:41 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Not sure they were completely outplayed.

Ibra had two close calls...Elmander should have scored, and even Mellberg right at the end came mighty close.

I thought it was a pretty even match, aside from that 10-12 minute spell where the 3 goals went in.
Hmm, it's bit of an over-exaggeration but totally expected Sweden to steam past Ukraine.

And yeah, Elmander should've scored that after neat exchange of passes with Ibra.
Old June 12, 2012, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Hmm, it's bit of an over-exaggeration but totally expected Sweden to steam past Ukraine.

And yeah, Elmander should've scored that after neat exchange of passes with Ibra.
Nah, Sweden are one of those functional teams...they never steamroll anyone, plus Ukraine had the crowd behind them(while this can add pressure, with such an experienced side, they were always in with a shout - I thought this was going to end in a stalemate prior to kickoff).

Sweden look the same against everyone, be it Bangladesh, England or Brazil.
Old June 12, 2012, 12:52 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Nah, Sweden are one of those functional teams...they never steamroll anyone, plus Ukraine had the crowd behind them(while this can add pressure, with such an experienced side, they were always in with a shout - I thought this was going to end in a stalemate prior to kickoff).

Sweden look the same against everyone, be it Bangladesh, England or Brazil.
Yeah well, Sweden were unbeaten this year prior to the match, so expected them to have the confidence and momentum going to the match. And yes, the fans were the 12th man for Ukraine. They were right behind their team the whole game.
Old June 12, 2012, 04:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Gary Cahill is 1st choice only because Hodgson and the FA decided to side with John Terry the racist scum.

Rio was captain during the WC in 2010, and was in the team during the Euro qualifiers(when fit), but then got excluded because Hodgson was too chicken **** to upset Fat Lampard and Cashley Cole.

But I'm ok with Lescott starting, he had an immense season for City.
I know: I was just pointing out that Walker and Smalling were definitely not first choice defenders
Old June 12, 2012, 07:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
only cahill is a first choice from those 3, England actually have 3 of their 4 first choice defenders playing
Kyle Walker would have definitely played ahead of Johnson if he was fit. Although Johnson didn't do too badly against France.
Old June 12, 2012, 11:03 AM
MLC World Series I

Czech take lead
Old June 12, 2012, 11:06 AM
MLC World Series I

They make it 2-0
Old June 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Looks like Russia is through to the next round with 4 points, unless they lose to Greece in the next match by a half dozen goals, something that's highly unlikely. Poland, after their gutsy performance against Russia must beat the Czechs outright to go through. The Czechs on the other hand need just a draw. Rooting for the Poles to advance.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 12, 2012, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Did anyone else think that the "This is Russia" banner was quite provocative ?

Todays match should be one of the most exciting in the league stages: Holland vs Germany
It will be interesting to see Lahm vs Robben.
Old June 12, 2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Refs are the only real negatives to come out of the tournament so far...

racism - minimal
hooliganism - minimal
homophobia - minimal
Old June 12, 2012, 11:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Did anyone else think that the "This is Russia" banner was quite provocative ?

Todays match should be one of the most exciting in the league stages: Holland vs Germany
It will be interesting to see Lahm vs Robben.

I can't believe with the history the two countries have(and the pre match violence) they allowed that banner to get through security.

Old June 12, 2012, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Interesting that the banner was in English, and not Polish or Russian, is that why security did not understand it? Or maybe it was too big to unfurl at the gates
Old June 13, 2012, 12:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

What a cracker of a goal by Jakub Blaszczykowski and the pace they displayed on the counter was frightening.

Tonight is a cracker . If Portugal beat Denmark and the Dutch beat Germany , everyone in the group gets equal points which means the last matches are virtual knock-outs . Real group of death.
Old June 13, 2012, 12:48 AM
MLC World Series I

Old June 13, 2012, 12:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Gary Cahill is 1st choice only because Hodgson and the FA decided to side with John Terry the racist scum.
Gary Cahill was first choice cos he had a fantastic half season at Chelsea and won the champions league.

Quote:
Rio was captain during the WC in 2010
and we know what happened that world cup.

Quote:
Truth is Rio and was in the team during the Euro qualifiers(when fit), but then got excluded because Hodgson was too chicken **** to upset Fat Lampard and Cashley Cole
The real truth is :

- Martin Kelly had a much better season than Rio Ferdinand. Rio was solid for Man Utd but not 'great'.
- To justify being called up at 33, you need to have had an immaculate international career. Unfortunately, Rio Ferdinand has not.
- He had played 81 games to prove himself and he dint . Plain and simple really .If Ferdinand was to line up for England, everyone would know what to expect.
-Why would Roy gamble on rio when even SAF has in the past admitted that rio can't play two games in four days.
Old June 13, 2012, 01:12 AM
Banned

Seriously get ready to be embarrassed....

1. Winning the CL has F-all to do with a call up to your national team.

2. Rio did knee ligaments prior to WC 2010 starting, and played no part in the humiliation England suffered, one in which the defensive line led by John Terry was made to look amateurish by the Germans

3. Do you even watch football when Chelsea aren't playing? Oh and the real truth? as opposed to what...the fake truth?

Martin Kelly started only 7 games for Liverpool this season, and played 12 in all. He did not have a better season than Rio. Rio Ferdinand was the defensive linchpin of the United side, that lost to City on GD, and was the second best defensive unit in the league(City conceded 4 less goals(29), Chelsea gave away 46 goals.)

You are the 1st and I suspect last person to think Martin Kelly had a better season than Rio Ferdinand...

Rio Ferdinand didn't prove himself? WTH are you on about? he is recognized as being one of the best defenders in the world over the past decade.... didn't prove himself

Rio Ferdinand is not a gamble, Roy decided to side with the racist knuckle dragging council estate, drug peddling scum that is John Terry because Fat Frank and Cashley would have thrown a hissy fit without Terry in the team.

SAF will say what he needs to, to protect the interests of Manchester United, and that means players playing as little as possible when it comes to internationals. Rio played 30 of the 38 league fixtures this season...

Last edited by F6_Turbo; June 13, 2012 at 02:38 AM..
Old June 13, 2012, 02:11 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

So who are people betting on to win today? Germany or Netherlands?
My money is on Germany
Old June 13, 2012, 02:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
So who are people betting on to win today? Germany or Netherlands?
My money is on Germany
Both teams seem to be missing that certain something...je ne sais quoi if you will. Both look great on paper(Germany more so), but I wasn't that impressed by either in the 1st game.

The great thing is, the win by Denmark means, this is basically a must win for the Dutch and they'll attack right from the word go...so it would be great to watch.
Old June 13, 2012, 02:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
- Martin Kelly had a much better season than Rio Ferdinand. Rio was solid for Man Utd but not 'great'.
- To justify being called up at 33, you need to have had an immaculate international career. Unfortunately, Rio Ferdinand has not.
- He had played 81 games to prove himself and he dint . Plain and simple really .If Ferdinand was to line up for England, everyone would know what to expect.
-Why would Roy gamble on rio when even SAF has in the past admitted that rio can't play two games in four days.
What on earth is that about ??

Rio F was the first choice defender in a team that finished with the most number of points

And M Kelly having a better season than Rio F?

I dont support Man Utd but its tiring to see people use their own biases against players from teams they dont like.
Old June 13, 2012, 02:39 AM
Administrator

Fight! Fight!

Turbo took the patriot to the cleaners and BanglaTiger is now drying the laundry.

I am a passionate follower of the Prem but follow no particular team with passion and I do have to agree that the absence of Rio is a shame.
Old June 13, 2012, 02:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Portugal made the Germans look shaky whenever they attacked, its only because they dont have a decent center forward since the days of like Eusebio, that they couldnt score even once.

If Holland attack the Germans, and take at least 1 or 2 of the half dozen chances they are bound to create, they could win.
Old June 13, 2012, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Fight! Fight!

Turbo took the patriot to the cleaners and BanglaTiger is now drying the laundry.

I am a passionate follower of the Prem but follow no particular team with passion and I do have to agree that the absence of Rio is a shame.
TBH Zunaid Bhai, I did not even read Turbo;s reply, as seeing the "real truth" gave me a rush of blood to reply that moment

Its one thing to read trolls in the Guardian saying stuff like "we all know Rio/Cole is crap", its another thing to see one of our brethren say stuff that is 180 degrees from what reality is
Old June 13, 2012, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Today is the day of this man
Old June 13, 2012, 02:59 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I am a passionate follower of the Prem
Z bhai prem is supposed to be passionate...