facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 7, 2012, 09:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Someone please give this guy a history lesson. You are telling me people of other faith are not wanted in Bangladesh. What Bangladesh have you been living in?

And FYI Hindu population in BD as of 2010 is 9.5%. Christian and Buddhist add up to another 1%. That's roughly 11% of our entire population. If you somehow think 11% of our population have nothing to contribute in a positive manner and they are unwanted here, than you are more blinder than an actual blind person.

Old October 7, 2012, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
They are somewhat unwanted here, just like Muslims in west. Nothing to contribute but to effect the index in negetive manner due to their unhappiness resons offcourse. Without them we could reach much higher rank.
Just to let you know your comments have been quite borderline of getting an infraction...you don't want you to get that....so please tone it a bit down and enjoy this forum
Old October 7, 2012, 10:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Looks like lower we go in corruption index; higher we go in the happiness index...

Last edited by BANFAN; October 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old October 7, 2012, 12:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Just to let you know your comments have been quite borderline of getting an infraction...you don't want you to get that....so please tone it a bit down and enjoy this forum
Thanks for reminder apu, post deleted.. no more hush hush about minority happiness troll feeding.
Back to mini me again.
Old October 7, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Bogus ranking.
Just ask the question "bhalo achentu?" to any Bangladeshi. The answer will be "achi motamuti", "cholche konorokom", "bhalo nei", ei problem, shei problem.

ask the same question to western countries. The answer will be " doing pretty well". " good good". "not bad", " doing great".

Old October 7, 2012, 08:36 PM
Cricket Legend

No wonder we got 11th rank...because we are happy with whatever we get. Example - even though our cricket team suck but we are still happy with them just because they give us surprise win over elite teams
Old October 8, 2012, 01:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anher
Bogus ranking.
Just ask the question "bhalo achentu?" to any Bangladeshi. The answer will be "achi motamuti", "cholche konorokom", "bhalo nei", ei problem, shei problem.

ask the same question to western countries. The answer will be " doing pretty well". " good good". "not bad", " doing great".

indied! indeed!(British Accent)
Old October 8, 2012, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

First thing is first (Please pardon my lack of understanding), how exactly is happiness measured?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old October 8, 2012, 07:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Off topic alert:

my mother still keeps in contact with one of her Hindu friends. In fact, on Eid, a couple of our Hindu friends love to eat our korbanir goshto many Muslims attend durga puja of their Hindu friends in Bangladesh. This is how Hindus and Muslims have always lived together, and that's how it always should be. Now mind you, when we do go to Durga puja, we just observe and we refrain from food that has been offered to their Gods, and that is perfectly fine and acceptable by all

Over the years, many Hindus integrate and gradually accept Islam out of their own choice(we know a family), but there are still many that remained firm on their roots and that should be acceptable by society as it is their choice.
Old October 9, 2012, 08:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

When you have decades of practice to live with problems without solving them, i guess it's easy.
Old October 9, 2012, 09:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
No wonder we got 11th rank...because we are happy with whatever we get. Example - even though our cricket team suck but we are still happy with them just because they give us surprise win over elite teams
exactly

The only international sport we think we are good at but in reality we are the worst in that particular sport. But we are still happy
Old October 9, 2012, 09:35 AM
Club Cricketer

So they have come up with a way to measure happiness? I say bullcr*p! Who funds these NGOs? Stupid worthless morons. Get them a real job.
Old October 9, 2012, 10:48 AM
Forever Bangy

I remember when I was 10 years old ie 14 years ago we were the 'happiest' country in the world.. someone look it up. I have a good memory.
Old October 9, 2012, 02:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Actually sharup, its not only NGOs who have started conducting these studies. It's well known that Bhutan uses 'Gross National Happiness' as an indicator of national well-being, rather than just GDP, PPP, etc. Also, the report that Mona is referring to, is a study conducted by the LSE (Emeritus Professor of Economics Richard Layard who founded the LSE Centre for Economic Performance) - http://www2.lse.ac.uk/newsAndMedia/p...Happiness.aspx
Old October 9, 2012, 03:37 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Actually sharup, its not only NGOs who have started conducting these studies. It's well known that Bhutan uses 'Gross National Happiness' as an indicator of national well-being, rather than just GDP, PPP, etc. Also, the report that Mona is referring to, is a study conducted by the LSE (Emeritus Professor of Economics Richard Layard who founded the LSE Centre for Economic Performance) - http://www2.lse.ac.uk/newsAndMedia/p...Happiness.aspx
I don't see how anyone can measure happiness regardless of what they smoke.
Old October 9, 2012, 05:14 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Cricket match Harar karone manush sucide kore(after Asia cup final), and sei desh naki one of the happiest country in the world

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old October 9, 2012, 05:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Why are people so jealous of us being so happy?

Ato criticism Kano...hoileo dosh... Na hoileo dosh... jai koi!
Old October 10, 2012, 12:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Why are people so jealous of us being so happy?

Ato criticism Kano...hoileo dosh... Na hoileo dosh... jai koi!
Black will take no other hue bro. Shovbhab er dosh.

Who happy ? Why happy ? how happy ?

Desher unnoti hobe kivabe bolen ? Bhalo jinish o appreciate korte mone badhey, shekhane to problem, crisis keyamot porjonto thakbei !
Old October 10, 2012, 09:48 AM
Club Cricketer

I am personally not against this ranking. What I cant make sense out of is how you can measure happiness given that happiness is a state of one's mind. This ranking may be positive news for Bangladesh but I would have been happier:
- if Bangladesh slowly disappeared down the ranking of World's most corrupted countries.

- fell free to add yours