facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 15, 2008, 02:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Exclamation "I also wanna play shots" - Ashraful talks to Tarek Mahmud

He just can't seem to play shots along the ground. Lofted, low percentage shots or NO shots at all like we've seen of late.

Seems like he wants to score runs by any means necessary, even if that means killing the game, before going back to playing his shots. I think he believes that: -

Quote:
The longer HE stays in the middle, the more HE'LL score, the more HE scores, the better HIS average will be, the higher HIS average, the better HIS chances to avoid Jamal inside everyone.
The question is: where is your country in all of this, pongta pola ?!

READ MORE from PA STADIUM.

Also, Bulbul talks positive.

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 16, 2008 at 01:49 AM..

Old June 15, 2008, 11:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Many batsmen use this cheap old technique - playing lofted shots to just clear the inner circle. It works for some people, and it doesn't for some others. To play real cricket, one has to learn how to place the shots in b/w fielders. That's something Ashraful cannot do.

To be honest with you, I was surprised when I saw Tamim...coz he has a good technique, and is able to place the shots b/w fielders. For Ashraful (I'm sorry to say this), it always felt like it's a fluke.
Old June 15, 2008, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

why is it only HIM that he talks about.. what abt the team?? cricket is a team game.. shouldn't he consider the team's performance overall??

so to make his avg better.. he's ready to let the teams performance go down the drain??
Old June 15, 2008, 01:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

As a team we did better than usual. For us to win a match 2 to 3 guys needed to something special with the bat and ball. It did not happen but I think it is always around the corner. There has to be sense of confidence in first 5 batsmen that they can hold an innigs together for 40 overs. Only after that they can take more chances to increase the total. If they can do it more consistently I believe that the confidence of the entire team will shot up to the moon and we will start winning more often.
I disagree with Bulbul on the point that Siddon is highlighting the "can't do", "don't have it" more often than the positives. I think JS is bringing forwards the facts to instil a sense of responsibility and educate the players of how to really live up to the responsibility. Understanding and verbally accepting the responsibility does not do justice unless one knows how to actually put it to work.
If I were to ask more from JS that I would ask him to spend more time with the boys, shelter them more from the media and help them bond more with each other. This will require activities outside the field.
It was a good tournament and I hope that they will continue to execute the team plan more effectively in the Asia Cup. In my view it is apparent that our player learn how to execute a plan closer to perfection regardless of win or loss (if anyone is wondering teams do not plan to loose a game, they always plan to win, even JS)
Old June 15, 2008, 01:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

The term "team" is hidden within "He, His, Him." The more Ashraful scores the more his Avg will be and the more Bangladesh chance of winning, lol.
Old June 15, 2008, 02:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

someone please translate...
many many thanx...
Old June 15, 2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

Also, Bulbul talks positive.

Sohel bhai...thank you so much for the links.
One more ubder...could you please fix the Bangla font of the text? Can't read due to hundreds of golla....!!!
Old June 15, 2008, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
One more ubder...could you please fix the Bangla font of the text? Can't read due to hundreds of golla....!!!
Obayed bhai, don't click the link here, instead go to the prothom-alo directly.
Old June 15, 2008, 06:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Try this one

Shot-to ami o khelte chai
Old June 15, 2008, 07:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

play shots, just play them along the ground. he doesn't lack the talent, might lack the work ethic to achieve this though. i think he has some complex where he thinks he needs to prove to the world that BD players can hit big
Old June 16, 2008, 01:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Many batsmen use this cheap old technique - playing lofted shots to just clear the inner circle. It works for some people, and it doesn't for some others. To play real cricket, one has to learn how to place the shots in b/w fielders. That's something Ashraful cannot do.

To be honest with you, I was surprised when I saw Tamim...coz he has a good technique, and is able to place the shots b/w fielders. For Ashraful (I'm sorry to say this), it always felt like it's a fluke.
Finding the fielder rather than the gap is definitely the way to go for all of our batsmen playing by team rules. Ash is no exception while Tamim is doing better than all others.

I'm afraid you're turning out to be quite right K. His wonderful on, off, cover and straight drives along the ground during that memorable 158* against India seem more than flukish in light of what has happened since then.

Weird things constantly play at his mind whenever he's in the middle, and it's becoming increasingly improbable to anticipate anything positive anytime soon.

Yet I still hope for Eid whenever he's in the middle, the moron that I am ...

Someone sedate me please !
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 16, 2008, 01:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Try this one

Shot-to ami o khelte chai
Thanks Murad.

KP -

I've just installed Avro and edited in better links, so I don't anticipate any such kinks in the future. Sorry bro ...

Congrats on your magnificent 100s against the Kiwis BTW. It's about time you stopped playing for the Pommies bro. Our country needs you.
Old June 16, 2008, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

why he doesn't practice more ground shots hour after hours in the net instead of long talks, betare chabuk mara uchit
Old June 16, 2008, 04:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

hmm dont think i can really agree with you here kabir. tamim doesnt have the greatest technique. he's more of a chris gayle like player, with great hand eye coordination which makes up for his footwork. ash is easily bd's most technically gifted batsman: he plays very late, can easily play with a straight bat, picks up the line very early and transfers his body weight easily either on the front or backfoot.

This makes it all the more frustrating for someone like me when he gets out. you would think that for someone like ash, the bowler needs to do something extra to get him out but the guy gives it all away.

most people don't realize that a player goes through many phases in his international career. for the last 7 years or so, ash has been playing aerial shots and look where its got him. he's learning to graft now and in no way does he mean that he will be a grafter for ever. what this approach will do (hopefully) is make him realize the virtue of crafting an inning and not bashing his way through. it's obvious that this lesson should have been installed in not only ash but in all our batsmen at a much earlier stage (with sakib being the only exception), but then again we seem to be using the international arena for all things basic these days....

on a side note, i'm actually a big fan of jamie siddons. i can see what he's doing with the team: installing a sense of both individual and collective responsibility that wasnt as much highlighted during the whatmore reign. i just hope the selectors (and the fans) are patient enough...
Old June 16, 2008, 05:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Aminul Islam, has good sense of coaching and he talks sense.

Thanks Sohel_NR for both the link.

JS is in a situation like Guru Greg in India. Where they don't have much to offer and are failing to understand and react to the cultural differences.
Old June 16, 2008, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

When a captain lacks confidence, he needs a REST. Look at guys like Smith and Dhoni. They are captain materials. And also look at Tendu and Dravid; they are great players, but not captains. Bangladesh need a captain who can motivate the team, leading it from the front, someone who is bold enough to accept his own fault.
Old June 16, 2008, 06:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
play shots, just play them along the ground. he doesn't lack the talent, might lack the work ethic to achieve this though. i think he has some complex where he thinks he needs to prove to the world that BD players can hit big
YES!!! i beieve you are right. once you beat big teams around you don't need to prove anything. you are not proving any point. all you are supposed to do is play the game and play it right.
Old June 16, 2008, 06:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

If the captain believes that they should play to win and the coach says opposite. Specially when the captain is strugling to get his form. Any captain of the world will look confused, even if it is Smith / ponting / or whoever.

Untill he can change things with a miracle of his own bat and prove what he believes.