facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2009, 02:49 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta
Default Cricketers get 30% pay rise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Star

Cricketers get 30% pay rise
Sports Reporter

Salary of the national cricket team players and the local staff of the team management has been increased by thirty per cent.

The decision was taken at a marathon meeting of directors of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) last night at its Mirpur headquarters. The issue of the pay rise was long overdue as the last payroll expired in November last year.

In another major move, the BCB will purchase land suitable for cricket stadiums from across the country on a priority basis.

BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus after the meeting informed that the board observed a minute's silence in memory of the deceased members of the Bangladesh Armed Forces and civilians in the Pilkhana tragedy on February 25.

"The board also took some significant decisions, notably an increase in the salary of national players and local staff of the national team management and in regards to approval of the BCB HR Policy and Media Protocol," said Yunus.

The contracts of national team operations manager Shafiqul Haque Hira, fielding coach Mohammad Salah Uddin and computer analyst Nasir Ahmed have been extended by another year. The contract of national team bowling coach Champaka Ramanayeke has been extended until the end of Bangladesh's tour of the West Indies later this year.

To expedite the ICC Cricket World Cup organisational aspects and to coordinate with various government and other concerned agencies a four-member committee has been formed. The board also formed a three-member committee to organise the BCB AGM. Director Dewan Shafiul Arefin has been named convener of both committees.

"We are yet to get the guideline for the local organising committee for the World Cup from the ICC [International Cricket Council]. We will decide on the committee once we get the guideline from ICC," said Jalal.

The board's media protocol, which is the media code of conduct for BCB members, officials, players and staff has also been approved.

The board approved the Bangladesh under-19 team's tour of England next month. The board is also making necessary arrangements for the forthcoming Bangladesh tour of the Sri Lanka and South Africa Academy teams.

Substantial development has been made in formulation of the divisional cricket constitution 2009 which will be finalised before the next meeting of the board of directors.

The BCB Anti-Doping Policy has been also approved.
link

Old March 18, 2009, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Great news... What credit crunch?
Old March 18, 2009, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

just curious to know how much ash and mash get paid by BCB?
Old March 18, 2009, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

thats fantastic..

um... i was wonderin too... how much to mash n ash get paid... i think mash had said a few months ago that he gets around 1crore per year... bt what about ash??
Old March 18, 2009, 03:17 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak
thats fantastic..

um... i was wonderin too... how much to mash n ash get paid... i think mash had said a few months ago that he gets around 1crore per year... bt what about ash??
I think what mash said includes all the match fee/ tour fee/ ads etc.
The last thing I remember Players have grading system according to their seniority with other stuff and like an A grade player Mohd. Ashraful was getting around 90K taka/ month as salary from board no matter he plays or not in that month!
It could be wrong and plz someone corrects me!
Old March 18, 2009, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

ya i remember when the ICl bound players left, Aftab said that he gets paid around 200k from BCB anyway and that he didnt leave to ICL just for money
Old March 18, 2009, 03:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Did they add any performance clause? Like fines. If not then
Old March 18, 2009, 04:57 PM
Cricket Sage

we need champaka to stay with us till world cup 2011..i hope BCB can extend his contract before it expires
Old March 18, 2009, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
we need champaka to stay with us till world cup 2011..i hope BCB can extend his contract before it expires
Old March 18, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cricket Savant

I always wondered what initiatives will help cricket players earn as much as American sports players. I am talking about 7 figure sums.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 18, 2009, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Good move. The game needs as much money as the board can afford.
Old March 18, 2009, 06:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

what about the domestic players ? can a regular domestic player(but not national level) hope to lead a comfortable life after he retires ?

the answer to that question might decide the actual size of bangladesh's future talent pool.
Old March 18, 2009, 07:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

now if the boys can increase their stats by 30% and get us 30% more wins, we'll be happy.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 18, 2009, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Necessary move to counter future flights to ICL. No pay increase for JS? How is he gonna afford all those first class trips to Australia which gives so many people stomach aches? Come on BCB. Cough it up.
Old March 18, 2009, 10:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Although its good to see our boys get paid more, I think this money would have been better used to increase wages of domestic players. If one cannot make a living off cricket WITHOUT national team, then why play cricket. We may have lost quite a bit of talent due to the high cost of the game and low wages.
Old March 19, 2009, 12:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

A deservingly new pay day for the boys. Now they need to match their performance as well.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 19, 2009, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

With their fantastic performances after the 2007 World cup, they deserve 30% increase definitely. I mean,, their stats have gone up, they are demonstrating better shot selection, they are bringing money for corporate sponsorships, I mean why not? And add to that, the management staff should also get bonuses as well. The selectors are producing new international players ever series since being selected themselves.... which other country can beat that record?
Old March 19, 2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Although its good to see our boys get paid more, I think this money would have been better used to increase wages of domestic players. If one cannot make a living off cricket WITHOUT national team, then why play cricket. We may have lost quite a bit of talent due to the high cost of the game and low wages.
...ditto.

ভাবছিলাম কর্তাদের "আয়"টা কতটুকু স্ফিত হল...
Old March 19, 2009, 01:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Nice move They desrve a pay rise.
Old March 19, 2009, 05:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Players should be seriously sweating to perform.
Old March 19, 2009, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

ok 1 win out of 11 ODI in 2008 and did not win any test. The reward - you got 30% increase in your income. No wonder our players does not want to improve.
Old March 19, 2009, 12:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Funny thing, i heard this news last night on news at 10pm on Channel 1 and wanted to post the thread.
But i could not find any online link at that point, as none of the web based news media published probably till very late Dhaka time.

So, without any source, i did not want to break the news to you guys and was glad to see Pasha bhai ended up posting the thread.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 19, 2009, 12:58 PM
Cricket Savant

What can I say. It's a dog eat dog world, Rabz bhai.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 30, 2009, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default Important Decisions at the 5th BCB Board Meeting TigerCricket.com Report 18-March-2009 The BCB Board of Directors convened for their 5th Meeting

some of the points are worth discussion -

Important Decisions at the 5th BCB Board Meeting

TigerCricket.com Report
18-March-2009

The BCB Board of Directors convened for their 5th Meeting today (Wednesday, 18 March 2009) at the BCB Office at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur. Chairman Media & Communications Committee BCB Mohammed Jalal Yunus informed that the Board observed a minute’s silence in memory of the deceased members of the Bangladesh Armed Forces and civilians in the Pilkhana tragedy on 25 February 2009.

“The Board also took some significant decisions, notably an increase in the salary of National players and local staff of the National Team Management and in regards to approval of the BCB HR Policy and Media Protocol,” said Yunus.

Major decisions of the Meeting are as follows:

a) Salary of the National Team Players’ and local staff of the Team Management has been increased by 30 (Thirty) percent.

b) The contracts of National Team Operations Manager Shafique-ul Haque, Fielding Coach Mohammad Salah Uddin and Computer Analyst Nasir Ahmed have been extended by 1 (One) Year. The contract of National Team Bowling Coach Champaka Ramanayeke has been extended until the end of Bangladesh’s Tour of the West Indies 2009.

c) To expedite the ICC Cricket World Cup organizational aspects and to coordinate with various Government and other concerned agencies a four-member committee has been formed. The Board also formed a three-member committee to organize the BCB AGM. Board Director Dewan Shafiul Arefin has been named Convener of both committees.

d) The Board has provisionally approved the BCB HR Policy.

e) The BCB Media Protocol, which is the media code of conduct for BCB Members, Officials, Players and Staff has been approved.

f) The Board approved the Bangladesh Under 19 Team’s Tour of England in April 2009. The Board is also making necessary arrangements for the forthcoming Bangladesh Tour of the Sri Lanka and South Africa Academy Teams.

g) The BCB will purchase land suitable for cricket stadiums from across the country on a priority basis.

h) The BCB Anti-Doping Policy has been approved.

i) Substantial development has been made in formulation of the Divisional Cricket Constitution 2009 which will be finalized before the next meeting of the Board of Directors.

http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=662
Old March 30, 2009, 01:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
The BCB will purchase land suitable for cricket stadiums from across the country on a priority basis.
Definetly a step forward to the development of cricket across the country up: . Hopefully these will not just be words but viewable actions (i.e lots of new stadiums built). Also I think existing stadiums should be brought up to international level.